Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Silly @Yarathir

Sargeras will drop the soap infront of Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    So?

A trailer wont make me enjoy a patch. We have had tons of them this expansion, doesn't change a thing.

You people are simply desperate for a reason to screech your 14-year old buzzwords at this point.
    If you don't care, don't post. But you do care, otherwise you wouldn't get so personal and pissy about it.

A content patch not having a trailer is pretty dumb since most content patches, even Dragon Soul had one form or another of a trailer.

So?
    So that's pretty sad, because almost every patch has a superb trailer. For example, "Frostmourne hungers" still gives me chills.

A trailer wont make me enjoy a patch. We have had tons of them this expansion, doesn't change a thing.
    New allied races won't also make me enjoy the patch. It's subjective.
    It may don't change a thing for you, but it would certainly build up hype more... maybe even bring more people online through the commercial effect of it.

You people are simply desperate for a reason to screech your 14-year old buzzwords at this point.
    Why are you so negative?

We're discussing that we don't have a trailer for a main(FINAL) patch of the expansion, which is just weird. Feels like Blizzard is slowly cutting resources for the game.

...and then there's you - saying that people are desperate for wanting a trailer, which was always an awesome addition to each raid-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Better not see any of you whiny people logging in today! Stick to your convictions. Quit and go.
    It's not something that would make people quit(I think, though I saw people quitting for less important things).

That argument is pretty much senseless - "quit and go", if everyone would listen to such an argument you'd be probably playing alone.

And I wouldn't call people whiny because they want to see a trailer for the final patch. It's like a norm. Blizzard is lowering it by not adding a trailer.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-01-14 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    So that's pretty sad, because almost every patch has a superb trailer. For example, "Frostmourne hungers" still gives me chills.

New allied races won't also make me enjoy the patch. It's subjective.
    It may don't change a thing for you, but it would certainly build up hype more... maybe even bring more people online through the commercial effect of it.

Why are you so negative?

We're discussing that we don't have a trailer for a main(FINAL) patch of the expansion, which is just weird. Feels like Blizzard is slowly cutting resources for the game.

...and then there's you - saying that people are desperate for wanting a trailer, which was always an awesome addition to each raid-patch.
    Moreover, the fact that an end of expansion content patch that features an Old God in the making since Cataclysm doesn't have a trailer, the problem is more in the implication than the practical effect. Nobody's saying not having a trailer means the world will end or whatever hyperbolic shit is pulled out of ass to justify complete dismissal of everybody's arguments as "blind hate," but it's about the message it sends.

If I were you I would wait a couple more minutes before a trailer...
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    If I were you I would wait a couple more minutes before a trailer...
    Nope. Too late for a trailer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion Hazzikostas
    One of the things we’ve tried to set up with N’Zoth from the trailer for Visions of N’Zoth, through the way that the content of his power manifests in-game, the threat N’Zoth poses is a little bit different. He’s not going to blow up our planet; he’s actually going to subvert the minds and the wills of all the living creatures on the planet.
    https://www.millenium.us.org/guide/10782.html

Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    So the trailer was that content patch they released a few months ago? Which didn't have anything related to the actual storyline?
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Reminder to unsubscribe and stop the whining. Bye Felicias.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Moreover, the fact that an end of expansion content patch that features an Old God in the making since Cataclysm doesn't have a trailer, the problem is more in the implication than the practical effect. Nobody's saying not having a trailer means the world will end or whatever hyperbolic shit is pulled out of ass to justify complete dismissal of everybody's arguments as "blind hate," but it's about the message it sends.
    Exactly. That's kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Reminder to unsubscribe and stop the whining. Bye Felicias.
    No, it's reminder to stop wasting people time posting useless comments, lol.

Exactly. That's kinda sad.

No, it's reminder to stop wasting people time posting useless comments, lol.
    Remember, you may not criticize something or you're a hater who should quit the game.

Remember, you may not criticize something or you're a hater who should quit the game.
    I would say that a good fan is the person who gives constructive criticism and votes with their wallet, but indeed doesn't assume everything is crap and the game has been abandoned and all that hyperbole jazz just for the sake of it.

The toxic fan seems to be just as likely to remain subbed no matter how much they dislike the direction, as can be seen on these forums.

Guess it is tough shit for the players unable to enjoy the game without trailers telling them to in any case.

I would say that a good fan is the person who gives constructive criticism and votes with their wallet, but indeed doesn't assume everything is crap and the game has been abandoned and all that hyperbole jazz just for the sake of it.

The toxic fan seems to be just as likely to remain subbed no matter how much they dislike the direction, as can be seen on these forums.

Guess it is tough shit for the players unable to enjoy the game without trailers telling them to in any case.
    Still not grasping the argument. But what else would I expect from somebody who paints detractors as "screeching 14 year old buzzwords."

Plus engaging with the one post that is easy to dismiss as "hyperbolic" when it's clearly a two panel comic that tries to be as succinct as possible and convey a message rather than Soviet era propaganda poster, not the actual post where I try to outline why it worries people that this patch does not have a trailer.

It has nothing to do with it being the end of the world in practice.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-01-14 at 07:01 PM.

Still not grasping the argument. But what else would I expect from somebody who paints detractors as "screeching 14 year old buzzwords."
    Not all "detractors", but the ones making claims that the game has been abandoned or any of the other buzzwords that were fresh 14 years ago, or moreso? You bet.

If you want to identify with and come to the defense of the toxic fan, be my guest. I will try 8.3 and if it aint to my taste, I will simply stop consuming, give my feedback to the company, and do other things until 9.0 prepatch.

Not all "detractors", but the ones making claims that the game has been abandoned or any of the other buzzwords that were fresh 14 years ago, or moreso? You bet.

If you want to identify with and come to the defense of the toxic fan, be my guest. I will try 8.3 and if it aint to my taste, I will simply stop consuming, give my feedback to the company, and do other things until 9.0 prepatch.
    Sorry, I edited my post for more context.

And the game has been abandoned before. 6.2 was pretty much WoD being rushed and abandoned early to hope that Legion could be out as soon as possible to break the fall. 8.3 has no new world zones, no trailer for a story that tackles an Old God boss built up since Cataclysm, a bunch of recolor mounts from MoP and even a Cataclysm one, four armor sets that aren't race specific that are from the raid which share a model with BoA alt catchup gear.

Let's just say it pales in comparison to Legion.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-01-14 at 07:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'll admit, it's pretty weird that 8.3 didn't get a cinematic trailer of some kind, but the existence of a trailer really isn't a deal-breaker for me in any sense. I hope it's not a sign of things to come, but I think we'd need to establish some kind of trend on that score before getting deep into prognostication. BfA has been replete with trailers and cinematics, though; so perhaps this is just a kind of break given the sheer number previously (or else 8.3 has a lot of cinematic and cutscene material to compensate).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

So, this is beyond bull crap. They are re-using zones because of the lore behind it. Read the lore with the quests and actually do the content instead of whining. Shadowlands will also be 100% new they wont be reusing anything. It is a new "Dimension". People honestly need to understand that telling a story is hard to do with development. They are writing a movie essentially that you take part in, do you even understand how hard that is to continue to captivate audiences for 15 years?! No you don't because you dont appreciate what is set before you.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    So, this is beyond bull crap. They are re-using zones because of the lore behind it. Read the lore with the quests and actually do the content instead of whining. Shadowlands will also be 100% new they wont be reusing anything. It is a new "Dimension". People honestly need to understand that telling a story is hard to do with development. They are writing a movie essentially that you take part in, do you even understand how hard that is to continue to captivate audiences for 15 years?! No you don't because you dont appreciate what is set before you.
    Hi Ion. How are you doing?

Why? Every big patch had it since like... TBC(?).

Some were superb, some were weak(DS) but we got them.

Why we don't have any Visions of N'Zoth trailer? They were one of the things that made people hyped for the new content.
    Dragon soul didn't... well it did but it was worse than ToC patch and thats saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Dragon soul didn't... well it did but it was worse than ToC patch and thats saying something.
    But Dragon Soul had a trailer, bad one but still. (and it's mentioned in the post - DS)

-snip image-
    Yup, exactly what I think about posters.

It's not for you to decide who is a good fan and who isn't. I'll still play the game, no matter if we have a trailer or not.

I'm sorry, but it seems that you're the one who's toxic. You're labeling people for being toxic because they say they would like to see a trailer... and you call them toxic because they want to see the trailer(and that's all). No one said that people are going to boycott Blizzard, stop playing the game, write angry-personal notes to the Blizzard employe because of that. No one.
    People just voiced their opinion that they don't like the absence of the trailer, and that's all. You're hyperbolling this.

But it seems that people must now consume everything and praise Blizzard for everything they've ever done, even if it's shitty content that no one would like to play, otherwise they're called toxic.