Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Most of the time a patch trailer gets released a week before the patch released to hype it up, so the OP being worried that there might not be one is warranted. Its unusual for them to release it the very last second. Admittedly I was worried aswell as the last thing I want to see from Blizzard is to cut even more corners.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Most of the time a patch trailer gets released a week before the patch released to hype it up, so the OP being worried that there might not be one is warranted. Its unusual for them to release it the very last second. Admittedly I was worried aswell as the last thing I want to see from Blizzard is to cut even more corners.
    I mean, I can get it not being posted a week in advance, but a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Probably by not strawmanning them, lol. It's that easy.

But that would probably impede your superiority complex over.. not caring about things other people care about.
    I didn't realise we were having a serious debate here. I kinda figured you'd pick up on the not-so-subtle hint that I have no dog in this race. Let's pretend that we are though.

Informal fallacies say nothing of the validity of an argument's conclusion. What is invalidated is the reasoning used in order to reach that conclusion. I wasn't trying to construct some watertight defense of my position - for reasons I'm about to explain, it would be a waste of time given that you obviously don't do logic well enough for the value of a proper argument not to be totally wasted on you.

Usually when people shout out 'strawman' like it's a fucking pokemon attack it's because they've watched 5 minutes of Jordan Peterson or some shit and actually have a very poor grasp of syllogistic reasoning. Knowing a couple of buzzwords without a foundational understanding of critical analysis does not good argumentation make.

That last bit, by the way, not a strawman. You clearly have a poor grasp of what a strawman is. I'll show my working: In the paragraph immediately following your calling me out for stawmanning, you used a strawman. This is kinda awkward. Yikes.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2020-01-14 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    I didn't realise we were having a serious debate here. I kinda figured you'd pick up on the subtle hint that I have no dog in this race. Let's pretend that we are though.

Informal fallacies say nothing of the validity of an argument's conclusion. What is invalidated is the reasoning used in order to reach that conclusion. Also usually when people shout out 'strawman' like it's a fucking pokemon attack it's because they've watched 5 minutes of Jordan Peterson or some shit and actually have a very poor grasp of syllogistic reasoning.

That last bit, by the way, not a strawman. You clearly have a poor grasp of what a strawman is. I'll show my working: In the paragraph immediately following your calling me out for stawmanning, you used a strawman. This is kinda awkward. Yikes.
    Man, you sure are posting a lot for somebody who doesn't care. And you seem honestly rather invested, to boot. Really gets the noggin' joggin'.

It feels like they didn't do their homework with this one. It reminds me some kind of teaser for promoting TV drama instead of an appropriate patch trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphie View Post
    It feels like they didn't do their homework with this one. It reminds me some kind of teaser for promoting TV drama instead of an appropriate patch trailer.
    It's the same as all the rest though. Some intro telling the story that leads into clips of in game action with a voiceover. That's like... every single other patch trailer ever. The only special one was the one for the thunder king.

15+ Year Old Account

Man, you sure are posting a lot for somebody who doesn't care. And you seem honestly rather invested, to boot. Really gets the noggin' joggin'.
    Oh yeah to be fair I do care about doing philosophy right. I really wish you hadn't tried to come at me with a completely self-defeating argument cos that has legit got me riled

Like, I even went back and edited. Multiple times. I think the shock of it all made my open jaw dislocate like a snake's. Just because we're apparently playing informal fallacy bingo now, I'm gonna put a big stamp in the 'causal fallacy' box. Being invested could be one reason why I'm replying to you. Being bored enough to post in this obviously very silly thread, yet entirely uninterested in the subject matter is another. I'm not even subbed my man; it has no effect on me whatsoever whether the direction of the game is good or bad.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2020-01-14 at 11:07 PM.

The rasthakan raid was the best one :P

5+ Year Old Account
    I love this thread, so many people who want others as miserable and mentally unwell as them and they still seethe when they are proven wrong

Though I suppose when you have made nearly 15k posts over 11 years (potentially an average of 3 posts a day, non stop, for 11 years) it kinda becomes your life.

Such a shame .

OT: Neat trailer in the end, satisfying in more ways than one!
    Last edited by Fiacla; 2020-01-14 at 10:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Oh, we got a trailer. At the same time it usually comes. What a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Man View Post
    6.1 didn't have a raid or dungeon. 6.1 was the selfie patch
    Well BRF was realesed during that patch so technically it did but still it was a major patch being .x patch and not .x.x patch

Oh yeah to be fair I do care about doing philosophy right. I really wish you hadn't tried to come at me with a completely self-defeating argument cos that has legit got me riled

Like, I even went back and edited. Multiple times. I think the shock of it all made my open jaw dislocate like a snake's. Just because we're apparently playing informal fallacy bingo now, I'm gonna put a big stamp in the 'causal fallacy' box. Being invested could be one reason why I'm replying to you. Being bored enough to post in this obviously very silly thread, yet entirely uninterested in the subject matter is another. I'm not even subbed my man; it has no effect on me whatsoever whether the direction of the game is good or bad.
    Well, I'm sure you're proud of your Reddit debating prose trophy.

You write a lot of words, but there's just very little substance to them.

Hmm. Seems to reuse Wrathion's dialogue from ingame cinematic. No N'Zoth. Sad. Ah well, it's something. I withdraw my complaints and admit I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Hmm. Seems to reuse Wrathion's dialogue from ingame cinematic. No N'Zoth. Sad. Ah well, it's something. I withdraw my complaints and admit I was wrong.
    N'Zoth peeks over Stormwind at the end doesn't he? Not to mention that they talk about him throughout.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Oh, we got a trailer. At the same time it usually comes. What a surprise.
    Next week on The Whiners - 8.3 IS OUT FOREVER AND STILL NO BETA - SL DELATED to 2023???

*roll credits*

10+ Year Old Account
    So there's a trailer after all. Can we stop this now? It's been the way of BfA that trailers land on launch day.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Well, I'm sure you're proud of your Reddit debating prose trophy.

You write a lot of words, but there's just very little substance to them.
    I think the whole point is precisely that I didn't learn about how logic works from Reddit. Imagine a world where actually reading relevant literature to gain at least a workable understanding of a subject is more useful than throwing out terms like 'strawman' before doing one of your own like some sort of irony ouroboros.

Honestly the whole substance thing would feel a lot more weighty if it weren't for the fact that it's what you're falling back to after trying to use the cool debate words and completely falling over yourself in the process. I'm not really sure how much substance you're after in response to what is effectively a slapstick attempt at reasoning.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2020-01-14 at 11:50 PM.

I think the whole point is precisely that I didn't learn about how logic works from Reddit. Imagine a world where actually reading relevant literature to gain at least a workable understanding of a subject is more useful than throwing out terms like 'strawman' before doing one of your own like some sort of irony ouroboros.

Honestly the whole substance thing would feel a lot more weighty if it weren't for the fact that it's what you're falling back to after trying to use the cool debate words and completely falling over yourself in the process. I'm not really sure how much substance you're after in response to what is effectively a slapstick attempt at reasoning.
    I'm falling over myself trying to gleam the point to your posts in between all that fluff and filler. No reason for me to try and tackle a point that is essentially nonexistent, and I'm neither your old buddy from high school, nor your alcohol dad, so you don't need to try and impress me with your meaningless verbosity.