Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    They
    Are
    Ugly
    Basically this. Not AKA, "not sexy".

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

the problem is that dwarves havent really been a spotlight race since WOTLK with the frost/iron dwarves (coolest subraces of dwarves since dark iron and still unplayable X_x) basically, their lore is very low key, even gnomes got something in BFA.

Even Tauren got something in legion (even if imho shu'halo tauren need a story specifically about them and their origins given what xal'atath said which keeps me intreagued).

Because only tall models aka Night elf is good. I HAAATE short models...bad camera POV, haft to scroll and shitty steering.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I mean let's be real here, besides being a fantasy trope, the majority of people still usually gravitate towards typically human beaty ideals and dwarves are pretty much the antithesis to that among among the usually non-monster humanoids. Also WoW's worldbuilding and crafting system are quite shite so it isn't even worth it for the minimalist RP of being a great dwarven smith or something like that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Most players are not strong enough to play one.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Blizzard copied Warhammer dwarves and made them boring. Thats the main reason.
    Took inspiration from is not copying.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Remove racials and you will get a much more diverse set of races in the world.

While some racials are better than others, People will still pick one race over another.

Remove them and people will go with what they think looks the best.

Or how about instead of advocating for them to remove even more content and/or RPG elements from the game, we advocate them to add better racials or even custom racials so that people will be more likely to pick a race? Or maybe even add more customization options for races less people pick.

To be honest Dwarves are the best race Alliance has (both versions) so people not playing them are missing out.
    The reason is the same as for Gnomes and Goblins, people want to feel heroic, sexy and BIG and hate the idea to feel "short" or "ugly" in general, on top of that Dwarves are not as memey as the aforementioned Goblins and Gnomes so they miss out on people making a character "for the lulz" aswell.

I'm kinda sad that Dark Iron Dwarves eventually went Alliance, would have loved to have them in the Horde if the story went differently, heck I would have happily traded both Blood Elves *and* Nightborne for them, I'm pretty sure they could have been best friends with Goblins, as a foil to regular Dwarves and Gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what you're on about. Dwarves are the master race.

It doesn't really help that one of the most notorious lore developments ended up with Varian coming in and sorting out dwarven politics because Humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's nothing cool about being a Dwarf in WoW. You can't get meme'd on like a Gnome but you're still ugly and your racials suck. Dwarves just got the short end of the stick.

- - - Updated - - -

reddit.com/r/BrandNewSentence

I, uh... Well, I mean, I guess you're technically not wrong?
    What you on about? Dwarves are gorgeous and majestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    They
    Are
    Ugly
    They are not "sexy", obviously. But they can look really cool. This is my dwarf, and I love him.

And someone said that they had no lore development after Wrath, which is nonsense. There was plenty of dwarven development in Cataclysm and even Pandaria.

It is a shame though that almost all dwarven NPCs Blizzard creates seem to share the exact same personality and voice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sadly its because "sexual appealing" being honest and cringe here.
    People didnt joined the Horde for "racials" they joined because MTFKING ORC WARRIOR; TAUREN WARRIOR UNDEAD ROGUE YADARA. Then when Blood Elves appeared..... guess what happened hu?

For the Dwarves, it happened the same way, people just feel "more conected" with the Night Elves and Humans (at first glance without thinking about racials) i mean, i bet many humans believed as old Paladins and warriors of Arthas, refugees of Lordaeron. And that took a lot of popularity from the Dwarves and Gnomes into the Humans. Because "Short answer" they are just short humans... haha short jokes. Others well, to just "naked" they little Dolls in the game.

Now, for todays standards, i also believe if Blizzard removes "damage racials" will actually Dwarves see more action, i mean Dark Iron Dwarves are very popular but standard dwarves, not even the Heritage armor (that looks sick even with some clipping issues) helped them.

At least Zandalari Trolls are taking over the Horde more and more each day, and with vulpera, oh boy.

Bland lore in Warcraft.

Ugly model with boring animations. Female in particular has some of the worst animations of any playable race, slightly improved after model revamp.

Customization is poor.

Racials are mediocre at best.

And most importantly, very few people are bearded dwarves IRL. It's not always prettiness that wins out, but most people want to play something that feels like an amazing fantasy, not a bunch of boring bearded short people who do fuck all for 90% of the game. There's a reason that for all the hatred they get, elves are still almost always the most played races, because they actually look like somewhat normal human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Dwarves have Betty Davis eyes?
    "She's got Marty Feldman eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I never cared about Dwarves to begin with, neither in Warcraft nor any other franchise. Also any helm on them where you can't see their beard makes them look ludicrously stupid.
    Pretty much this. They just look like fat small humans in a helmet. Just look, how they went in Warhammer, with the Helmets being closed, but you can still clearly see the beard. (Granted, in reality probably not the most practical, since you couldn't really wear sufficient nack guards without making it really uncomfortable... but something being pratical was always secondary).

In Warhammer Online's development, we see how they would look without beard, and it is ridiculous. No idea why WoW does not attempt this...:

Last edited by josykay; 2020-01-12 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Dwarves are my favourite race. Iw as so happy when dwarven shamans b3came available. I was however so sad when dark irons were announced as an allied race, know that would greatly reduce the chance fo wildhammers ever becoming one.

Still believe.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate their new running animation, which I think a few other races have received as well. There's no reason they need to bounce as high as they do, they don't have fucking moon shoes on.

I honestly prefer their classic variant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Remove racials and you will get a much more diverse set of races in the world.

While some racials are better than others, People will still pick one race over another.

Remove them and people will go with what they think looks the best.
    Thank you, ugh. I hate racials so much. People should be able to play the race they want to play, not the race their raid makes them feel obligated to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    However in wow, they just aren't, their popularity is really really low.. why is that?
    They don't have the best racials for raiding or PVP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    I think the people in this thread (and this forum) need to try remembering that not everyone picks a race based off of the racials they provide.

I know I certainly didn't when I joined WoW.
    I didn't either

Then I learned racials existed and from late BC - probably MoP it was 100% racials

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    No one cares about racials. Dwarves, like gnomes and goblins , aren't very popular because they are short and ugly, look bad in armor, etc...

Dwarves could have a 10% damage buff and only raiders would play them
    Raiders and the M+ community probably PVPers too oh and let's not forget all the wannabes of each of those groups

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    In a similar vein, mechagnomes are maybe going to be the most powerful race in warcraft yet it will still be the most underplayed because no one wants to play a diaper gnome.
    Or pay for a race change, my main used to be Tauren Druid, he's a troll now
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Because most players are stupid and want to play a "good-looking" character, even in a video game...

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yep,hit it right on the money,the fact that not every single serious ALLIANCE raider doesnt pick gnome is a big testament to how much people dislike gnomes
    ftfy bb

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Because most players are stupid and want to play a "good-looking" character, even in a video game...
    Guess I'm stupid because I don't want to play a fat fucking panda ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ As a collector I had to make one >_> but god I hate running around looking fucking jolly and roly-poly
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself