Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Reasons for Warcrafts low dwarven popularity?

I was reading an article a while back (will link if I find it) that spoke of how dwarves were generally quite popular... LotrO, Warhammer and similar games usually had them in the top 3 races, and in some cases more popular than elves.

However in wow, they just aren't, their popularity is really really low.. why is that? In Warcraft they've had a lot of development when you think of the dwarf zones, instances, patch focuses, and the role they've played throughout the Warcraft story, and always have characters from their race involved, like the Bronzebeards, yet they just haven't been that popular here, and I can't figure out why.

Any idea or thoughts why this is the case for Warcraft?

Dwarves have Betty Davis eyes?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Their racials are shit for PvE, with Stoneform being decent for PvP... but Humans trump them still in that regard. Might find plenty of them on RP realms though.

Remove racials and you will get a much more diverse set of races in the world.

While some racials are better than others, People will still pick one race over another.

Remove them and people will go with what they think looks the best.

5+ Year Old Account
    Their racials are crap in PvE and only marginally useful in PvP. Them having received zero development after WotLK doesn't help either.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The vast majority of the population suffers from terminal cases of shit taste. This is an example of it.

Blizzard copied Warhammer dwarves and made them boring. Thats the main reason.

A sub 70 IQ person will say racials. But it has nothing to do with racials. Dwarfs and gnomes are the 2 most powerful races in Classic WoW and they dominated private servers. However on Classic Humans and Nights elves are the most populated races in the game.

Simple answer...they don't look look as pretty as other races. Hence how void elves are more populated than gnomes in a small amount of time already. Here is the data to back up my claims on wowhead. Night elves have the worst racials out of all the races in classic yet its the Alliance 2nd mot played race. Gnomes are the best race for every intellect based character yet are the least played race. Dwarfs are the best rogues in classic yet are one of the least played rogue races in-game.

In a similar vein, mechagnomes are maybe going to be the most powerful race in warcraft yet it will still be the most underplayed because no one wants to play a diaper gnome.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295075/...ough-community

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    They
    Are
    Ugly
    Imo they are alright with the new models, even if I hate their casting animations. Old models were frighteningly ugly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I was reading an article a while back (will link if I find it) that spoke of how dwarves were generally quite popular... LotrO, Warhammer and similar games usually had them in the top 3 races, and in some cases more popular than elves.

However in wow, they just aren't, their popularity is really really low.. why is that? In Warcraft they've had a lot of development when you think of the dwarf zones, instances, patch focuses, and the role they've played throughout the Warcraft story, and always have characters from their race involved, like the Bronzebeards, yet they just haven't been that popular here, and I can't figure out why.

Would you like to be a Dwarf in real life?

7+ Year Old Account
    Because Warcraft dwarves are boring.

They barely got any development past wrath and are only present most of the time as comic relief.

Formerly known as Arafal

They
    Are
    Ugly

Roflmao, there always has to be at least one poster.

Thanks for the very candid response.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canirus View Post
    Would you like to be a Dwarf in real life?

Who's to say I'm not?! Although other forum posters have accused me of being an elf. An elf.. pfft - please I'm far more into their lore culture set up than their actual appearance. But maybe that's because they have more detail than any other racial group that isn't human.

Dwarves in comparison have so many holes, and nothing really that grabs me, at least not yet. The stuff so far is okay, but it's not oh wow, I really wanna explore more or get into it.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-01-11 at 03:10 PM.

Pretty sure they smell like cabbage, just like carnies, no one wants to smell like that.

Roflmao, there always has to be at least one poster.

Thanks for the very candid response.

- - - Updated - - -

Who's to say I'm not?! Although other forum posters have accused me of being an elf. An elf.. pfft - please I'm far more into their lore culture set up than their actual appearance. But maybe that's because they have more detail than any other racial group that isn't human.

Dwarves in comparison have so many holes, and nothing really that grabs me, at least not yet. The stuff so far is okay, but it's not oh wow, I really wanna explore more or get into it.
    It is the best answer...blood elves are clearly not the best race in-game but are the most played. Simply because they are pretty.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm really curious about your obsession with race... seems that nearly every thread you start has some sort of racial component. Maybe people dont want to play Wow dwarves when they have other options.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Because Alliance doesn't have High Elves, so players that want to reenact the Gimli/Legolas/Aragorn kinship are an elf short. Dwarves become pointless.

WTB LoTR Dungeon run: Human protection warrior, Dwarf fury warrior, High Elf hunter, Gnome rogue and Human mage.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    A sub 70 IQ person will say racials.

This thread ain't Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoFett View Post
    In a similar vein, mechagnomes are maybe going to be the most powerful race in warcraft yet it will still be the most underplayed because no one wants to play a diaper gnome.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295075/...ough-community
    And perhaps a lot of mains don't want to reroll or waste money to an Allied race?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-01-11 at 03:25 PM.

because.... they are dwarves.

any more reason needed as to why they are unpopular?

7+ Year Old Account
    ears aint pointy enough im assuming