Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Convince me first that the majority of players play their race because of racials. Sure if I have to choose between 2 races I really like, I'll pick one that has the racial I like most. But I don't believe that majority of players play a race because a spreadsheet told them what race had the best racial.

I vote low dwarf pop, because they are an insulting stereotype and like gnomes, who wants to play a short race?
    Unlike many here I refuse to assume what the 'majority' do or don't do. But there are a significant number of players that base the race/faction they play on racials because of advantages, and that is a fact. Over the years I've seen countless 'wut is the best race for <thing>' posts, Blizzard themselves have commented on the kind of player that does this (generally mythic raiders, hardcore PvPers, etc) and I myself have known many, many people who have race changed many times to gain the advantages of superior racials.

And there are plenty of people who play 'short' races. Its easy to look at a vague pie chart and forget that what we're looking at is %'s of millions upon millions of people. But hey, keep doing the "I don't like it so nobody does" shtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Dwarves, no Caster classes? you do know in Vanilla, Dwarves were almost (I do stress almost) mandatory for Priest on alliance. They were the only one to have "Fear ward" which trivialized many boss fight mechanics, if your tank wasn't running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Back in Vanilla, only Dwarf Priests had Fear ward, and only became available to all priests in TBC.
    I meant they had no druids, mages, warlocks, shamans and so on. I consider vanilla priest healer.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Unlike many here I refuse to assume what the 'majority' do or don't do. But there are a significant number of players that base the race/faction they play on racials because of advantages, and that is a fact. Over the years I've seen countless 'wut is the best race for <thing>' posts, Blizzard themselves have commented on the kind of player that does this (generally mythic raiders, hardcore PvPers, etc) and I myself have known many, many people who have race changed many times to gain the advantages of superior racials.

And there are plenty of people who play 'short' races. Its easy to look at a vague pie chart and forget that what we're looking at is %'s of millions upon millions of people. But hey, keep doing the "I don't like it so nobody does" shtick.
    I don't play any shticks. I'm asking for actual data, not "I know many people" Maybe you know more hardcore players, I know more fun casuals who play something simply because they like it. Just like the debate on why there are so many BELFs, particularly female BELFs and the mega thread on why some on the Alliance wants high elves. We know from at least the Alliance side it's not because of the racials. It is because they are pretty. What muddies the water is when you have a pretty race that also has a fairly powerful racial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Human racials are so good in PVP? Also in general, it seems people like to play themselves in this games, so they tend to go with what they identify themselves with (In this case, Humans)

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    "She's got Marty Feldman eyes..."

good lord..
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Not a sexy humanoid.

Next question please!

Only the chosen few are ready to be the best race.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Better characters looking like they've been through a few wars then looking like vogue girl supermodels
    Yeah, nothing shows more being through a war than having a beer belly and looking like some meth head trailer trash.

It's almost like you haven't looked at the average looks of our army marines and navy seals before you chose to open your mouth.

I'm the shortest of my RL friends, I don't want to be the shortest of my in-game friends too...

... it's pure aesthetics for me, I just don't like the way they look and although it may have changed over the years when I first started playing I really disliked the way they run, especially with some form of speed e.g. aspect.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    why? I'm guessing because dwarves have a lot of........ shortcomings......

Blizzard doesn't really explore racial identity in Warcraft, so Dwarves are just bland as fuck. They lack any of the interesting bits of (for instance) Warhammer Dwarves. They're basically short hairy humans.

Also as with most groups in WoW they don't really have any enemies left. Nobody specifically hates the Dwarves, they're not under threat, their only real antagonist beyond Troggs got absorbed into their culture. They're just waiting around to be used as a background prop for when Ragnaros comes back.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2020-01-20 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Blizzard doesn't really explore racial identity in Warcraft, so Dwarves are just bland as fuck. They lack any of the interesting bits of (for instance) Warhammer Dwarves. They're basically short hairy humans.

Also as with most groups in WoW they don't really have any enemies left. Nobody specifically hates the Dwarves, they're not under threat, their only real antagonist beyond Troggs got absorbed into their culture. They're just waiting around to be used as a background prop for when Ragnaros comes back.
    They are really too close to humans. All they do is done better by either human or gnome. They seem to be a hybrid between these two races.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Not enough digging holes and singing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...considering one of my initial attempts at creating a character was a dwarf priest in March 2005...I would count that as a caster class? But other than that...actually an intriguing possibility that this could be a reason.
    I didn't really consider priest as caster because he is usually forced into healing role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not enough digging holes and singing about it.
    Yes. Also, their greed is given to goblins. Which is sad because that would add an interesting dynamic between them and goblins. Also, it is weird that they do not master magic on level similar to elves, given their titan obsession.

Perhaps their lack of prominence in Story has something to do with it?

Horde

they sound like fatbasterd..

https://youtu.be/D-VGQOjKf6E

they're my favorite race in wow. only problem is finding a class/spec that is fitting and fun. to me there's not a whole lot of options. warrior would be the obvious choice but wow's warrior class is the most unfun warrior i've ever played.

luckily enhancement shaman has been pretty fun since the rework and their new visuals fit really well.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Warcraft dwarves, specifically the Dark Iron. I love the combination of the Art Deco style combined with the rock and magma, I also appreciate that they are an intellectual society, who value history, archaeology, magic, and engineering. The trouble is that:

1. They are Alliance.

2. They are not Vulpera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone mention they're not knife ears?

I just feel like they didnt go "all out" on the beards/hairstyles.
    They feel like a low-budget LOTR-dwarf.

I want diffrent kind of beards, no beard, just a giant stache and messy hair.

(Kinda same with gnomes: Do you want to look like a bald guy, or a tech-nerd. Let our characters have theyr own personalities and let the lore-character /NPCs be the race-flagship)