Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Theres some imbecile running around on EU named "Actualcancer" who doesn't get banned.. but this does
    Suspensions and forced name change don't happen by magic, Blizzard isn't monitoring the names of players 24/7. Enough people have to report the name for the automatic system to kick in and then it gets dealt with: if someone's name offends you, report them. Nothing will happen if you don't.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Also this, too old to get into arguments, but old enough to use immature names and slang?

"I am only the most sofisicated, i would never argue with another player"
    "Really? MR.Mypenisishugeandismashgirlspussieswithit?"

- - - Updated - - -

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/poontang
    Its not really a leap.

If someone goes into game and names themselves anuldestroyer, we all know what the name is, you cant defend it with
    "but if you search up anul its nothing bad!"
    Sounds like you're trolling. Even adults like jokes or things that make them laugh. If dick and pussy jokes weren't funny, Dave Chappelle wouldn't be as popular as he is. And if you're gonna rag on someone, at least fucking spell things right.

yeah, so this is why.
    you did get a 24 hour ban for a bad name.
    but that only happens if you have been told many times before and given the chance many times before to change the name.

you do not get bans for first time offences on bad names.
    you only get them if for example you.

A. get told to name change, and change to something else that is bad, and do this a few times
    B. get told to name change, and change right back to what you were before.

seems like you did one of these.
    I mean, other than me saying I have never been asked to change this characters name before, I do not see any way to refute what you are saying. This character was named Hack on Echo Isles server before I moved to another server with friends, that name was taken so I named it another name I have used in the past. I had no idea the name was anything more than a character in a movie. I have been naming characters a variation of the name Pooti for a very long time, and nobody I have had contact with have ever said that it is anything offensive. I guess now I know. I suppose I am lucky I did not have my account closed for my ignorance.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

mostly its who gets reported and by how many people.

often boost sellers you see in chat get mass reported by other boost sellers this gets the person instantly silenced from mass reports.

Anyone could just ticket your name, or just tell 20 of their friends hey report this guy for lulz, and action will be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    You can get a ban from mmochamp for making a thread that is a blatant lie.
    Can you though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    I just received from Blizzard a 24 hour ban to my wow account for the name Pootitang. This is a name I have used since WOTLK. I thought that they jsut gave you a forced name change, have they moved to banning you if your name gets reported? Also, Pootitang is not a word and has no meaning, past the respelling of a character from a movie. Urban dictionary ( which I just looked at now after being banned ) only lists it as a reference to the movie, or as being slang for "pretty thing". I think this is a very bad direction for Blizzard to move to, straight up banning an account based on someone disliking your character name.
    This means you've already had previous actions taken to your account.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Hahahaha. Laughing at the slang, not your ban, OP, my condolences. It just reminded me of the scene from That 70's Show.

Eric: Tang and sausage? Isn't that a little racy for breakfast, mom?
    Kitty: Just take some tang and go.
    Hyde: If I had a dime every time I heard that.
    Kitty: What's wrong with tang!? Growing boys need tang!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I'm hoping after you contacted support they reversed your ban. This seems like a super petty and pointless punishment for a mild name as yours (not to criticize your name or anything). I just don't get what the point is with not letting someone play the game for a day because of their name. They'll just go on the next day and they're still going to have the same name so what the actual fuck is the point? It's like being sent to the corner for time out.

I had a friend that had a character named Saltyballs once. Same thing happened to him but instead Blizzard forced his name to be changed to some random dumb sounding one. They didn't even let him choose another name. Imagine being the douchebag reporting names to either be a troll or because they're actually offended by it. Imagine how pathetic his/her life must be.

Blizzard can be such sensitive little pricks too. Always concerned with being politically correct all the time so they don't offend all the crybabies out there.
    From their own code of conduct :

Names are subject to the same rules established above. Any name the player has the ability to customize—such as player names, BattleTags, and guild names—must be appropriate and inoffensive. Any name that violates our standards or disrupts the community will be changed, and additional limitations may be placed on the offending account per our discretion.

Take note that acceptable names are determined by player reports and Blizzard's decision, and role-playing servers may have distinct standards for using game-appropriate names.
    I'm not sorry if an adult who thinks with an 8th grade mentality makes a name gets forced to change it.

It's not even about being sensitive, it's more about telling people to grow the fuck up.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously there is either something else, or that was a mistake. Just contact support and it will be reverted. Worse case you might get something out of this if it was a mistake, but that is certainly odd, are you telling us everything? Not judging here, it´s just really, really odd

15+ Year Old Account
    People who get offended by names are prolly the same who posts on twitter about being offended by everything/everyone.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Sounds like you're trolling. Even adults like jokes or things that make them laugh. If dick and pussy jokes weren't funny, Dave Chappelle wouldn't be as popular as he is. And if you're gonna rag on someone, at least fucking spell things right.
    Even adults argue...
    that is the point, dude is saying he is too old to argue, so that means he should be too old to go by such an inmature name.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Even adults argue...
    that is the point, dude is saying he is too old to argue, so that means he should be too old to go by such an inmature name.
    It was a movie name? I guess I do not see how that is immature. I do not even see how it is offensive, as slang is so subjective standard. At any point in time a word could be a slang word for something that may offend. I admit my ignorance. I am more put off at the punishment for it. Also, I apologize if I upset you if I flippantly said I was too old to argue in a video game, but I play the game to escape, not to engage people in arguments. I suppose I should not have framed it as being related to my age.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

funny you can get banned for a word that is a slang for vaginas but in the italian realms I see plenty of names being outright blasphemous and they do nothing.. Also who the hell gets offended if someone names himself after vaginas , like grow up lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    funny you can get banned for a word that is a slang for vaginas but in the italian realms I see plenty of names being outright blasphemous and they do nothing.. Also who the hell gets offended if someone names himself after vaginas , like grow up lol.
    thats the point.. this game has kids in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    This means you've already had previous actions taken to your account.

This! How did the obvious not get stated until page 3? Sounds like the OP is a little higher in the penalty volcano to get a 24 hour suspension (a ban is permanent).

With the choice of name, the fact that you have to make yourself known in-game (in usually douchey ways) to make enough people report you, and the previous actions on the account, the making of a thread to whine about account actions....it's obvious this is a well deserved account action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    I just received from Blizzard a 24 hour ban to my wow account for the name Pootitang. This is a name I have used since WOTLK. I thought that they jsut gave you a forced name change, have they moved to banning you if your name gets reported? Also, Pootitang is not a word and has no meaning, past the respelling of a character from a movie. Urban dictionary ( which I just looked at now after being banned ) only lists it as a reference to the movie, or as being slang for "pretty thing". I think this is a very bad direction for Blizzard to move to, straight up banning an account based on someone disliking your character name.
    welcome to WoW 2020, if enough people report you, you can get banned. But hey see it positive you can clean your house in this 24 hour window

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This! How did the obvious not get stated until page 3? Sounds like the OP is a little higher in the penalty volcano to get a 24 hour suspension (a ban is permanent).

With the choice of name, the fact that you have to make yourself known in-game (in usually douchey ways) to make enough people report you, and the previous actions on the account, the making of a thread to whine about account actions....it's obvious this is a well deserved account action.
    Good question, honestly.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Man, looks like the libruhl agenda has expanded to include WoW character names. Nothing's sacred in 2020!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

The term "penalty volcano" conjures up some hilarious imagery in my mind.

I got a forced namechange on a character that had that name for 10 years. And it is a name that a npc in game use lol.

"Culture difference" from the US to EU they said. Bullshit. But of course, didn't get a ban nor a suspension for it. Where I come from it's a normal lady name.