Mechagnome Transmog Limitations

So apparently Mechagnome players cannot transmog their feet, wrist, and hand slots. Instead of transmogging these slots, you can choose between several arm and leg modification options to show off their metallic limbs.

Mechagnome players will have armor visible on the following slots: helm, shoulders, chest, cloak, waist, and legs. However, only the lower torso will show pants transmog; the actual legs are exposed metal.

Thoughts? Will it change your decision to roll a mechagnome?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    better off just sticking with their heritage armour I guess. I can imagine transmog options to be really hard... But a challenge never the less

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    So apparently Mechagnome players cannot transmog their feet, wrist, and hand slots. Instead of transmogging these slots, you can choose between several arm and leg modification options to show off their metallic limbs.

Mechagnome players will have armor visible on the following slots: helm, shoulders, chest, cloak, waist, and legs. However, only the lower torso will show pants transmog; the actual legs are exposed metal.

How anyone can be surprised about it? I knew and said that it would be the case if they ever become a playable race about a year ago when wowhead speculated they will be next allied race.

It was know as a face as soon as the 8.3 PTR launched. It was months ago.

Golden plate sets are the way.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post

Legs are like diapers, basically.

And I wasn't excited with Mechagnomes to start with so it didn't change much for me. It is silly that Blizzard couldn't at least make 3D pieces show up on Mechagnomes, though, because that works fine in the WoWhead model viewer. It is more limited than it even has to be.

I might roll a Mechagnome warrior eventually, though, and just wear the heritage armor on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    How anyone can be surprised about it? I knew and said that it would be the case if they ever become a playable race about a year ago when wowhead speculated they will be next allied race.

It was know as a face as soon as the 8.3 PTR launched. It was months ago.
    When they were announced, it was confirmed that some arm and peg options would be fleshy. Like you could have one robot arm and one robot leg, or all flesh and just have the head robotics. Now we know that was a lie, and its disappointing. I like the arms, but the legs and diapers are ugly as hell, and having only one robot-arm would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the Mechagnome allied race still have mechanical bodies but normal Gnome heads? I think that looks so fucking ridiculous, not to mention lazy. Saved them the trouble of making customizations for mechanical heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Does the Mechagnome allied race still have mechanical bodies but normal Gnome heads? I think that looks so fucking ridiculous, not to mention lazy. Saved them the trouble of making customizations for mechanical heads.
    More or less, yeah. The closest you get to a mechanized Gnome is the Mechagnome Heritage helmet.

It wouldn't be as bad if they indeed had several arm and leg options, but they have two, and common to both genders. They went through the trouble of replacing the hand animations with new ones for those claws, and they didn't take the opportunity to make different sets of claws? It's kind of impressive how they waste resources and cut corners at the same time.

Outside of the Robe gear you ain't hiding the diapers but then you still have those ugly arms to deal with that stick out like a sore thumb..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    When they were announced, it was confirmed that some arm and peg options would be fleshy. Like you could have one robot arm and one robot leg, or all flesh and just have the head robotics. Now we know that was a lie, and its disappointing. I like the arms, but the legs and diapers are ugly as hell, and having only one robot-arm would be awesome.
    Source?

/10char
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Source?

/10char

https://youtu.be/Kc0oaxj5P80

Skip to 13:40.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Outside of the Robe gear you ain't hiding the diapers but then you still have those ugly arms to deal with that stick out like a sore thumb..
    Tabards hide the diapers.

About arms and legs... well it's a Mechagnome what did you expect. I think they should have a full robo head option as well.

Being able to use every profession item in the game, or smelt ore wherever you want vs. Having a couple less transmog options, hmm. Even being a huge transmog farmer, I would have to say it’s still worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Tabards hide the diapers.

About arms and legs... well it's a Mechagnome what did you expect. I think they should have a full robo head option as well.
    I don't see many Tabards and the gear I always wore had them tucked in so I don't even bother with them anymore. As for what I expected were more then the 2-4 options, even a color scheme not connected to my skin color..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    It mentions robot arms and legs. Nothing about all flesh and just the head robotics as you claimed. Why make that stuff up?

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    They will be one of the least popular races in the game, no doubt.
    up there with other garbage allied races like kultirans and nightborne for sure. Blizzard should either make races a lot of people want, like they did with dark iron, vulpera and zandalari or not make them at all.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It mentions robot arms and legs. Nothing about all flesh and just the head robotics as you claimed. Why make that stuff up?
    "Robotic arms and/or legs; your choice!"

Having fleshy arms would be that "or", specifically. There's no way to interpret that sentence that doesn't imply the option to not have robotic arms.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2020-01-14 at 04:31 AM.