Blizzard unusually quiet about 8.3?

It seems like Blizzard is unusually quiet about 8.3. There hasn't been the usual developer Q&A's or discussions about 8.3. We've had a couple of crumbs of info but that's about it. No cinematic or trailers, guide videos, or any communication really. Very little buzz in the last few months.

It almost feels like they are avoiding any kind of promotion for the patch and just want to push it through. This is a red flag in relation to the quality of the patch. What is going on? Where is the passion?

If Blizzard themselves have no faith in 8.3, how is the player base supposed to?

They did release a survival guide recently. Its on the bnet launcher.

They also released this. https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...t-Update-Notes
    Last edited by mber341; 2020-01-12 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    It seems like Blizzard is unusually quiet about 8.3. There hasn't been the usual developer Q&A's or discussions about 8.3. We've had a couple of crumbs of info but that's about it. No cinematic or trailers, guide videos, or any communication really. Very little buzz in the last few months.

It almost feels like they are avoiding any kind of promotion for the patch and just want to push it through. This is a red flag in relation to the quality of the patch. What is going on? Where is the passion?

If Blizzard themselves have no faith in 8.3, how is the player base supposed to?
    Because they know what players wanted with 8.3, they know what every question will be, and they don't want to answer them because they don't want to put in the development time. The majority of the questions would be regarding the lack of account wide essences and others would include why are they rehashing old zones, why is there no new zone for this major patch, why is there no class fixes, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The official WoW Facebook page has been posting pretty regularly about it, and whoever is has been having fun with the c̵̞̦͑o̵̝̔͠r̵̥̽̅r̶̛͈̦ủ̵̧̺̄p̷͉̄̿t̴͚̂͑e̶̙̓̾d̴̥̎̓ͅ ̶̣͙̔ţ̵̅̔e̴̯͉͛̌x̸̦̩̒̓t̴͚̏̑ ̴̬͔̓g̶̳̊e̸̹̘̓͒n̵͉͛̈́e̴͜͠ȓ̴̦̓a̴̬͑t̷̂̚ͅȍ̸̰̗͝r̴̟̳̎̉.

It seems like Blizzard is unusually quiet about 8.3.
    Confirmed Styil is a double agent shill who encourages readers to post articles that prove him wrong and generate more attention for the patch.
    I'm onto you!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Confirmed Styil is a double agent shill who encourages readers to post articles that prove him wrong and generate more attention for the patch.
    I'm onto you!
    ...we would be so lucky.

Honestly, I don't think the content roll-out in preparation for this patch is much different than it has been for other patches; but it does seem like MMO-C's front page has been fairly slow to update the last few weeks so if all you do is get your content from this website maybe it might seem like there's less going on?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...we would be so lucky.

Honestly, I don't think the content roll-out in preparation for this patch is much different than it has been for other patches; but it does seem like MMO-C's front page has been fairly slow to update the last few weeks so if all you do is get your content from this website maybe it might seem like there's less going on?
    You didn't come to MMOC for up to date news for a very long time now, you come for the nutjobs on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    You didn't come to MMOC for up to date news for a very long time now, you come for the nutjobs on the forums
    I came to MMOC to imagine a world of forums without controversy on every quote, that same dream is crushed every discussion.
    I might enjoy having conversations a lot or something, not even sure. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I came to MMOC to imagine a world of forums without controversy on every quote, that same dream is crushed every discussion.
    I might enjoy having conversations a lot or something, not even sure. lol
    Just install cynicism dampening crumple zones to your PC and you'll be fine. :^)

Huh? They've been spamming forum posts and twitter with 8.3 stuff the last few days, how are they quiet? The only thing they haven't done yet is the trailer. They did the video already when 8.3 was announced and briefly touched upon it on Blizzcon, why would they do another one? 8.1 and 8.2 were the exceptions, not the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Huh? They've been spamming forum posts and twitter with 8.3 stuff the last few days, how are they quiet? The only thing they haven't done yet is the trailer. They did the video already when 8.3 was announced and briefly touched upon it on Blizzcon, why would they do another one? 8.1 and 8.2 were the exceptions, not the rules.
    No they were not. they followed a patteron for a trailer for each major patch since 6.2. Hell outside of 6.1 I think every numbered patch since start of Mop has had a trailer.
    Last edited by Kallisto; 2020-01-12 at 04:37 AM.

They are doing blog posts for the past couple of days ? They also released a survival guide video ?

Try harder.

i'm happy if blizzard stays quiet. every single time we hear "this is the largest patch ever made for wow" it ends up just being another sucky patch. blizz need to learn to let a good patch speak for itself. so the more talkative they are, odds are the worse the patch will be.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i'm happy if blizzard stays quiet. every single time we hear "this is the largest patch ever made for wow" it ends up just being another sucky patch. blizz need to learn to let a good patch speak for itself. so the more talkative they are, odds are the worse the patch will be.
    I kind of agree with this but i like to have at least information of what they are doing before i try it myself. i like the survival guides, at minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Just install cynicism dampening crumple zones to your PC and you'll be fine. :^)
    I've installed that on my brain lol artificial intelligence. thank you algebra.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Crumbs of info, do you even look at WoWhead? Or do you just come to this forum full of morons like yourself?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Good news. Now they just need to put the game on maintenance mode and start working on WoW2 or WC4 or something actually good.

The op is really bad at trolling its been hyped up for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Good news. Now they just need to put the game on maintenance mode and start working on WoW2
    We're already in WOW 2.0 and have been since Cata. Shadowlands looks like it might be a soft reboot and moving into WoW 3.0, but it's too soon to say that with how little info we've really gotten for Shadowlands so far.

There hasn't been the usual developer Q&A's
    They have abandonded that format months ago. Seems they realized it only adressed a very few.

The devs do not talk to or with their customers nowadays. They leave that to the community managers, which are not much more competent than them.