View Poll Results: Who would you want as leader of the High Elf Allied Race?

Voters
30. This poll is closed
  • Alleria Windrunner

3 10.00%
  • Veressa Windrunner

17 56.67%
  • Arator Windrunner

5 16.67%
  • Auric Sunchaser

3 10.00%
  • A surviving Sunstrider

2 6.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Keep that in the high elf megathread, it was created for this specific reason.
    I think this is an appropriate place for the thread, it isa lore discussion for a particualr aspect of warcraft.. it is not a general discussion on whether high elves should be playable or not or added to the game.

Megathreads have an appropriate function and I think this thread is justified.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Inevitability, they will be an allied race but there's a thread on the High Elf discussion. Let's talk about their leader and who might it be and why they would reintroduce the entire exiles into the Alliance?

• Survival.
    • To regrow population.
    • Military strength.
    • Magic Knowledge.

Let's look at some candidates
    • Alleria
    • Veressa
    • Arator the Redeemer
    • Auric Sunchaser
    • A surviving Sunstrider (Prince Nallorath)

Alleria Windrunner:
    Pros:
    High Elf
    Notable Windrunner
    Captain of the Farstriders
    Already good in with the Alliance

Cons:
    Leads an Allied race already
    Technically a Void Elf.
    Disliked by the community

Vereesa:
    Pros:
    High Elf
    Leads the Silver Covenant
    Notable Windrunner
    Large role in WOTLK and MoP
    Little character development of recent

Cons:
    Disliked by the community
    Lackluster character

Arator Windrunner
    Pros:
    Half Elf
    Son of Alleria and Turalyon
    Notable character in WoW
    Room for character development and to do something big

Cons:
    Lackluster character
    Half Human

Auric:
    Pros:
    High Elf
    LT of Alleria
    Nostalgia figure of BC
    Room for character development

Cons:
    Little known about him

A surviving Sunstrider:
    Pros:
    High Elf
    Can bring peace between all Elf races
    Monarchy
    We haven't had a Sunstrider character in game since BC and Legion, one setback is returning in Shadowlands.

Cons:
    Would be an ass-pull character if new.
    Would have to have a large story dedicated to them like Thalyssra to have characters engaged and immersed.
    Will overshine all elf leaders.

Who'd you want to lead them?
    I don't think Arator's surname is Windrunner, isn't he named after his farther Turalyon?

Alleria should be leader of the void elves, although some would think she should lead both high elves and void elves, with Auric her high elf understudy and Umbric her void elf understudy.

Vereesa is best as Ranger General, not leader of the race. If Alleria stays with the void elves, then either Auric or a Sunstrider imo. But a sunstrider would likely rule the blood elves and unify the Thalassian people.

And wow story tellers seem to be bold with everything but meaningful cross faction friendly interaction

Also, regarding Auric Sunchaser, if anything he'd join the Ren'dorei. He's sworn to Alleria, who is now a Ren'dorei.

Also OP, I just noticed you said Alleria is disliked by the community...... She is not. You literally have no proof of that.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    [LEFT]I think this is an appropriate place for the thread, it isa lore discussion for a particualr aspect of warcraft.. it is not a general discussion on whether high elves should be playable or not or added to the game.
    All high elf matters are for that thread

I honestly completely forgot about Auric and had to look him up on the wiki. He was just a leader in the high elf town in Terokar right?

There is this guy:
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Talthressar
    Would kinda be an asspull too at this point. He was right under Alleria in WC2. Seems like he was the character Auric was supposed to be, he has some minor background at least.

His status is unknown but I suppose it would make for a cool Allied Race flashback quest to see what he was up to during BC (and why he was just replaced with Auric).

All high elf matters are for that thread
    This is a lore dsicussion... that thread is a general discussion...

This subject would fit within the lore discussion subforum

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think this is an appropriate place for the thread, it isa lore discussion for a particualr aspect of warcraft.. it is not a general discussion on whether high elves should be playable or not or added to the game.

Megathreads have an appropriate function and I think this thread is justified.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Arator's surname is Windrunner, isn't he named after his farther Turalyon?

Alleria should be leader of the void elves, although some would think she should lead both high elves and void elves, with Auric her high elf understudy and Umbric her void elf understudy.

Vereesa is best as Ranger General, not leader of the race. If Alleria stays with the void elves, then either Auric or a Sunstrider imo. But a sunstrider would likely rule the blood elves and unify the Thalassian people.

And wow story tellers seem to be bold with everything but meaningful cross faction friendly interaction
    turalyon took alleria's last name
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    This is a lore dsicussion... that thread is a general discussion...

This subject would fit within the lore discussion subforum
    That thread ended up there, because there was supposed to be only one, for everything concerning high elves, every last lore argument is already in that thread repeated ad nauseam.

The five guys in there might actually enjoy the company.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2020-01-12 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Also OP, I just noticed you said Alleria is disliked by the community...... She is not. You literally have no proof of that.

I'm not surprised you say this. I'm more surprised you would really think the bold. The posts on this forum outside of those made by post aug2017 (argus patch) or near jan18 (the void elf release patch) accounts with a heavy void elf theme or Alleria image... or those by devoted pro-elf bias parties are not really singing her praises.

- - - Updated - - -

That thread ended up there, because there was supposed to be only one, for everything concerning high elves, every last lore argument is already in that thread repeated ad nauseam.

The five guys in there might actually enjoy the company.
    So then we'll be at an impasse. A lore discussion in the general sub-forum isn't really the proper place, but at the same time a discussion that can go in a megathread is taking place outside of it...

Still it's derailing the discussion anyways to discuss another thread. Report it to the mods and leave rather than keep bringing up the megathread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    My personal hope would be Auric. Kill Vereesa and her Silver Covenant thugs off and have Auric’s second war veterans take their place.

Their experiences in the Second War and on Outland would provide far more nuance that Vereesa and her ilk’s random-ass blood elf hate. Plus Auric’s guys are less human cocksleeves and more their own thing. They kept their culture as they survived on Outland, unlike the Silver Covenant who spent their existence squatting in Dalaran with their Human Masters.

Plus their views on Alleria’s transformation would be interesting.

While I would like Arator to lead, Veressa does currently lead the High Elves as it stands now and Arator could be necessary in the future to lead a half-elf faction if they were ever introduced as he is one of the only notable half-elf characters in lore.

Considering they made maghar a race instead of customization options for orcs, high elves are perfectly in the realm of possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, there isn't one megathread about this exactly to discuss those things already?

there would be none, because there would not be HE allied race, the ship sailed in tbc and void elves sink it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Considering they made maghar a race instead of customization options for orcs, high elves are perfectly in the realm of possibility.
    only if the maghar were green and they aren't, so this don't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

only if the maghar were green and they aren't, so this don't make sense
    Mag'har also didn't have some existing stigma and a near decade long hate boner against their addition.

We won't see high elves added until we have as many human and troll groups playable as we do elves.

So we need one more human and 2 more trolls before they add the 4th elves?

If he's smart he'll keep the name Windrunner, which has still a lot of importance in Quel'thalas.
    Really? I mean, no Windrunner remains in Quel'telas. Sylvanas outright betrayed them, Vereesa and Alleria prefer to side with the Alliance than their own people due to faction/human loyalty. The name isn't sullied like Sunstrider, but I wouldn't say it's held in as high esteem as it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Really? I mean, no Windrunner remains in Quel'telas. Sylvanas outright betrayed them, Vereesa and Alleria prefer to side with the Alliance than their own people due to faction/human loyalty. I mean, the name isn't sullied like Sunstrider, but I wouldn't say it's held in as high regard as it once was.
    Sylvanas was still considered a hero even after blackmailing the Thalassian government in WotLK and then again taunting Theron in MoP. It's a prestigious name since it was a family comprised of war heroes.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Sylvanas was still considered a hero even after blackmailing the Thalassian government in WotLK and then again taunting Theron in MoP. It's a prestigious name since it was a family comprised of war heroes.
    True, I know, she died for them, Alleria was lost in time and space for them for what, a thousand years? And their brother died for them, but Sylvanas' most recent betrayal had to put a sour taste in their mouth.

I'd like to see Arator. He could either serve as a bridge between High Elves and Humans or lead the first playable hybrid race, half elves.

Plus, I'd like to see him get fleshed out more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Probably some human. Preferably one with good genes like keeshan. I mean at this point they are fully dependant so they could as well go all out on half-elf thing. And then in few generations they would be free of impurities.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Mag'har also didn't have some existing stigma and a near decade long hate boner against their addition.

We won't see high elves added until we have as many human and troll groups playable as we do elves.

So we need one more human and 2 more trolls before they add the 4th elves?
    Not only that, Mag'har's biggest distinctinve feature.. upright was added to teh green orcs.. can you imagine how differnt' they would feel if they were upright compared tothe green orcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    True, I know, she died for them, Alleria was lost in time and space for them for what, a thousand years? And their brother died for them, but Sylvanas' most recent betrayal had to put a sour taste in their mouth.
    1000 years Twisting Nether time. About 25 years Azeroth time.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd