Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    truee, I use to spend my earlier dayas brainstorming class ideas and abilities, getting into the Maths of current classes, wasting time on elitistjerks. Now I just waste time on Mmo-champion, the casual nature means I don't spend anywhere near as much time on it as I use to.

NEw classes are very complex to create, lots of testing then the ultimate balancing with multiple specs, this is why they take so long, and I appreciate tthat, but there are so many other candidates people wanna play, as well as missing race/class combos that some r aces do not have those playstyles available.. this seems a neat way of giving players new vibes and skins and identities for existing classes to create new ones.

it's up to blizzard if they would wnat them to have something mechanically different, but I think they can actually get a lot more interest generated wtih this in addition to a new class. You can imagine people rolling new toons just to get the specific vibe/look they want, from a Faarstrider, to a Ranger or Moon Priestess... and ofc new options like a Star Augur which is new class that uses the shaman playstyle allowing Night elf/nightborne to have access to the shaman class in a unique form, same with the Entropist.

There are peopple who have 2 or even 3 versions of classes as they are, this would make that even more common, greatly extended people's play time.

It's not all they rely on, you do get a brand new class, but the identities and skins are probably the easiest things to do to provide a new face to the classes, and generate a lot of interest for a small time investment.

What is exactly involved in all of these?

1. New spell names
    2. New spell animations/visuals
    3. A quest

That's it - you just take an existing class, and dress it up in way that fits whatever new identity or skin you wanna give and boom. You've got it. If you doubt how effective this is, jump on SWTOR and try playing a Sith Sorceror and Jedi Sage, they play exactly the same but they have completley differnt vibe and look/feel to them they appear like separate classes - it's one class dressed up in two different ways. What is different? SPell names and visuals/animations.

Releasing a new class as intended assures people that they will get a new playstyle too.

Who gets busy? Lore team and FX team. Art team might be called in to design iconic gear for each the options, but that's up to them, it will help.
    I’d rather them fix classes, they r too restricted and on rails. Open them up so players who want the feel of Warcraft 3 characters can have them. Or old style wow classes. Remove specs, change talents to a classic/current hybrid. Maybe similar to how borderlands 3 does it. I feel like they have a great system.

Opening up class design could also give u the feel u crave. If u could build your warrior to feel like a blademaster through talents and items that would be great. Imagine a set of boots or a quest chain that changes charge into windwalk. With supporting talents and items if u so choose to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    I’d rather them fix classes, they r too restricted and on rails. Open them up so players who want the feel of Warcraft 3 characters can have them. Or old style wow classes. Remove specs, change talents to a classic/current hybrid. Maybe similar to how borderlands 3 does it. I feel like they have a great system.

Opening up class design could also give u the feel u crave. If u could build your warrior to feel like a blademaster through talents and items that would be great. Imagine a set of boots or a quest chain that changes charge into windwalk. With supporting talents and items if u so choose to take them.
    But the "fixing" as you put it will always be a perpetual thing, I don't think no matter what they do there would ever be a time when they're perfect or best, it will keep changing.

And sure they could lock them down to one way, but have yo played SWTOr? THose classes barely changed in years, and they're boring as hell now.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    But the "fixing" as you put it will always be a perpetual thing, I don't think no matter what they do there would ever be a time when they're perfect or best, it will keep changing.

And sure they could lock them down to one way, but have yo played SWTOr? THose classes barely changed in years, and they're boring as hell now.
    Wow classes r boring now as it is. I would rather the class design be more open and item design to mean more than just damage.

If someone wants to use a 2h as a shaman let them, but this would also need to have items and talents to support such a build. Tanking as a shaman had always been wanted, y not give items and talents to support such a dream. Or dodge tanking as a rogue. Etc.

But wow would also have to move away from everything being so tightly tuned min/maxed dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Wow classes r boring now as it is. I would rather the class design be more open and item design to mean more than just damage.

If someone wants to use a 2h as a shaman let them, but this would also need to have items and talents to support such a build. Tanking as a shaman had always been wanted, y not give items and talents to support such a dream. Or dodge tanking as a rogue. Etc.

But wow would also have to move away from everything being so tightly tuned min/maxed dps.
    Well this can be some of the things the new class identities allow. a Necromancer identity or skin for the DK would instead wear cloth instead of plate , instead the necromancer could be a skin for the Demonlogy warlock.

These new classes could be a little bit more than redresses.. they could literally be based just on one spec, so basically the Necromancer is either a skin for the Unholy DK spec or for the demonlogy warlock spec.

When you pick a necromancer, you are playing a 1 spec class, and it's not a new playstyle, it's a skin of an existing one. You can turn your DK into a necromancer via in-game class quests, but can only do it once. To reverse you have to use paid service. This way class changes are allowed , but they are actually class identity changes.

Class identities need a paid service to reverse, class skins however do not, although there would be an in game cost and in some cases a tedious enough quest to discourage.

Actually the problem is the class system was changed in cata

as much as I want to see this I doubt we will ever be able to expect this level of effort out of blizzard again, seems this game is headed towards maintenance mode