Thread: Gear madness

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The only thing I dislike is how raid tiers become obsolete mid-expansion. That seems off and makes it seem like their is less content all around.

I think everything should just go back to JP / VP to simplify it all. Maybe add a third tier point exclusive for Mythic raids and 20+

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I raided all the way to SWP in BC, so please spare me the BT lessons. Btw, I was still using the 2pcT5 during most of 2.4, I guess that makes me a shitter
    I could see you using t5 in black temple, yeah. Since tbc wasn't seasonal, you could very well still be in low bt/hyjal.
    So, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    As opposed to getting it in the first week? Do you think you could get all the vendor gear in a week in old content? I actually played during the vendor debacle expansions. No one liked it. The gear was terrible and it took weeks to get 1 piece. Anyone who did endgame just didn't bother with it while people who didn't still had sub par gear after months of effort. We can go back to that system if you like. Scrap rewards from M+. You only get badges. To get badges quick enough, make raiding the optimum way to get badges. Make vendor items shit. There. Just like the gold op days.
    I 100% think valor was shit buddy calm down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The only thing I dislike is how raid tiers become obsolete mid-expansion. That seems off and makes it seem like their is less content all around.

I think everything should just go back to JP / VP to simplify it all. Maybe add a third tier point exclusive for Mythic raids and 20+
    If the threat is quelled, why should that place be relevant anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    I feel like you don't understand what happened with maw

After the changes, arcway gave the most AP, but was also the longest. Maw gave the least, was the shortest (least bosses)
    sure, there would be someone with enough patience to math out which dungeon gave you the most/hour, but it's not gonna be where people spam "lf maw keys will carry any shitters" like it was.

as in, it won't matter.
    but your ignoring the extenuating circumstances that happened around the nurf in 7.2. in 7.2 the artifact entered its stage 2 where you got all traits unlocked and free rank 51 and new traits were added + the infinite trait, as well as the AK change that made grinding AP no longer worth it. it wasn't the nurf to m+ that killed AP farming, it was that AP was no longer worth farming. what your attempting to do as attribute a player behavior change to one small aspect of a vast amount of changes that happened to a system in 7.2, either your being willfully ignorant in an attempt to make a case or you have forgot what happened or you didn't play at that time and should take your own advice on that matter.

as your memory seems to be lacking here's the link to the changes

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...tifact-Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    but your ignoring the extenuating circumstances that happened around the nurf in 7.2. in 7.2 the artifact entered its stage 2 where you got all traits unlocked and free rank 51 and new traits were added + the infinite trait, as well as the AK change that made grinding AP no longer worth it. it wasn't the nurf to m+ that killed AP farming, it was that AP was no longer worth farming. what your attempting to do as attribute a player behavior change to one small aspect of a vast amount of changes that happened to a system in 7.2, either your being willfully ignorant in an attempt to make a case or you have forgot what happened or you didn't play at that time and should take your own advice on that matter.

as your memory seems to be lacking here's the link to the changes

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...tifact-Changes
    nope, because you still had to farm the new traits before concordance. You were not granted the previous traits if you didn't unlock it, if you capped AP prior, you could unlock about half of the new traits. Concordance was also huge and was worth farming.

5+ Year Old Account
    I could see you using t5 in black temple, yeah. Since tbc wasn't seasonal, you could very well still be in low bt/hyjal.
    So, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I 100% think valor was shit buddy calm down.

- - - Updated - - -

If the threat is quelled, why should that place be relevant anymore?
    Calling SWP raiders (when it was current) shitters... you are a quite delusional one, aren't you? Were you in a top 100 guild or something at the time? I'm pretty curious
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

nope, because you still had to farm the new traits before concordance. You were not granted the previous traits if you didn't unlock it, if you capped AP prior, you could unlock about half of the new traits. Concordance was also huge and was worth farming.
    but it wasnt worth farming for as AK grew for free each week post 7.2 meaning it was worthless to farm after doing the raids and WQ's. your ignoring a large part of the patch changes to fit your narrative. because...you...have...no.....argument. though you never did because your arguing over my hypothetical any way. but i dont expect you to know why thats a silly thing to do considering where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Calling SWP raiders (when it was current) shitters... you are a quite delusional one, aren't you? Were you in a top 100 guild or something at the time? I'm pretty curious
    I'ma repeat so it's clear to you

if you were actively progging in sunwell in T5 at the launch of the patch, sure. I mean i dunno what would happen to all of the gear you'd have from BT farm.

What class did you play that you weren't able to use off-items from T6 (which were actually good) and you had to use T5? 4pc T6+ pieces of T5 are an option, yes, but only really for like hunters and demo(lol) warlocks.

T5 was outclassed by T6 and BT/Hyjal off pieces by such an absurd amount.

- - - Updated - - -

but it wasnt worth farming for as AK grew for free each week post 7.2 meaning it was worthless to farm after doing the raids and WQ's. your ignoring a large part of the patch changes to fit your narrative. because...you...have...no.....argument. though you never did because your arguing over my hypothetical any way. but i dont expect you to know why thats a silly thing to do considering where we are.
    You could attain concordance before ToS launched in proper.

Do you/did you think people just sat on their hands waiting for AK? At the cutting edge? Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just make the different gearing systems exactly that. Different. Mythic+ gear is not very useful in raids or PvP and so on.

Not completely useless but quite useless. I hate that 2 weeks into raiding my Equip is so high i don't really need anything anymore. Too much too fast.
    More than half of my gear is from Mythic+...

I like Mythic+ with my DH and DK... but hate it with my Moonkin which is my Raid character. But if i want to stay competitive in any of these parts i HAVE to do both weekly. Granted much of this came from titan-forging. But also all of these possibilities just take waaaay too much time.

If they ever make BiS Gear in PvP that would mean the end for my WoW experience as i will never play more PvP. I just don't like it. I don't even have the essence past rank 2.

if you were actively progging in sunwell in T5 at the launch of the patch, sure. I mean i dunno what would happen to all of the gear you'd have from BT farm.

What class did you play that you weren't able to use off-items from T6 (which were actually good) and you had to use T5? 4pc T6+ pieces of T5 are an option, yes, but only really for like hunters and demo(lol) warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you/did you think people just sat on their hands waiting for AK? At the cutting edge? Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    from method Q&A on the TOS world first

Was there anything specific about the preparations for ToS? Were you as prepared as possible going into the Mythic race?

Scripe: Apart from increasing it to 7 split runs from 6 there wasn't anything big, in fact we farmed way less AP beforehand since it was less relevant this tier (thanks for that Blizzard).

https://www.method.gg/7-days-alone-a...jaeden-killers

now your just making a fool of your self about how little you know.

you kinda literally walking into these now. its almost sad in a way.

from method Q&A on the TOS world first

Was there anything specific about the preparations for ToS? Were you as prepared as possible going into the Mythic race?

Scripe: Apart from increasing it to 7 split runs from 6 there wasn't anything big, in fact we farmed way less AP beforehand since it was less relevant this tier (thanks for that Blizzard).

https://www.method.gg/7-days-alone-a...jaeden-killers

now your just making a fool of your self about how little you know.

you kinda literally walking into these now. its almost sad in a way.
    "less relevant"
    and
    "didnt farm ap"

aren't the same thing. (they still farmed ap)

Goes back to where i said that reading comprehension isn't your strong point.

"less relevant"
    and
    "didnt farm ap"

aren't the same thing.

Goes back to where i said that reading comprehension isn't your strong point.
    Clearly you didn't read the link or changes. Ap was less relevant as you couldn't farm concordance in any meaningful way as I said. All the hardcore did in 7.2 was get concordance, which u could get without m+ spam and then didn't farm AP anymore. All your showing is you didn't raid back then at any decent level or didn't understand how ap / ak and concordance worked.

And also very rich comming from they guy who starts Internet argument over hypothetical problems to hypothetical solutions. +1 Internet for making me laugh though.

Clearly you didn't read the link or changes. Ap was less relevant as you couldn't farm concordance in any meaningful way as I said. All the hardcore did in 7.2 was get concordance, which u could get without m+ spam and then didn't farm AP anymore. All your showing is you didn't raid back then at any decent level or didn't understand how ap / ak and concordance worked.

And also very rich comming from they guy who starts Internet argument over hypothetical problems to hypothetical solutions. +1 Internet for making me laugh though.

- - - Updated - - -

literally just said that but hoooooooooooooooookay

stay in school, kids.

literally just said that but hoooooooooooooooookay

stay in school, kids.
    So you proved my argument then. Thanks I guess.

So you proved my argument then. Thanks I guess.
    yep, reading comprehension is totally not your strong point.

I said that you could get concordance, you said that they only farmed to concordance.

roflmao

yep, reading comprehension is totally not your strong point.

I said that you could get concordance, you said that they only farmed to concordance.

roflmao
    Memory dosnt seem to be yours, your claim was the dongeons nurf fixed AP. But then you just showed that what stopped the grind was concordance by your own admission in the end.

Well done, you played your self.

Guess I 123justshowedyou why you don't start Internet arguments over Hypotheticals haha.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-01-14 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Opinion:

I believe the current gear model is broken.

Convoluted systems that require parallel maintenance (HoA and Azerite Gear, essences and now cape)

Gear resets every patch. Mythic+0 grants heroic EP gear. And even worse, you have to re-earn the same gear from Mythic+ just because of an ilvl increase.

Warforged/Titanforged/Corrupted gear.

Opinion again:

A linear 1, 2, 3 model felt more rewarding. Gear "mattered" more. You even knew items by their name.
    Most high end players, theorycrafters and content creators agree with you.

Is it any small wonder that the game was at its most successful when gear was the only thing you needed to get?

When we had gems, enchants, reforging, badges vendors and a glyph system?

Blizzard needs to adopt the K I S S model. Keep It Simple Stupid.

low hanging fruit.
    badge babies.

(if you were actually using T4 by the time bt attunement dropped, you were 100% in the realm of getting oneshot by najentus' bubble explosion)

But i guess when you could farm kara all expansion it doesn't matter nah mean.
    Exactly, I loved Kara and did run it through the entire xpac but did earn my full T4 while it was current content then just didn't care to keep with attunements, but I did go into TK and SSC for a few bosses never had any issues. But then again Gruuls Lair is one of my favorite raids of all time getting to play pingo pong with one of the adds on HKM fight was a blast.