Thread: Gear madness

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    RNG of it dropping or not... bring back badges of justice/valor and a vendor to buy items off of equal to the raid for each badge. Also some of those bonuses were OP (something they do seem to have worked on)
    Azerite is better than tier in every possible way.
    Vendor gear was locked in it's stat combinations and you were either lucky, or you werent'. Scaling itemlevel m+ rewards allow you to always get your BeSt iN slOt every content patch. Just do the dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Yes geared mattered at one point. Specific items with static stats were crucial to some classes. The problem is the difference in mentality which used to be:

"My warrior will do excellent DPS now that i acquired X item"

now its more pessimistic:

"My warrior's DPS sucks unless i get X item"

Nothing is fun about certain items being "required to stay competitive"
    Mentality is 100% correct. however the good thing is that outside of the odd case of the crit/versa ring, you can get several items with the same stats on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    They should at least remake the gear from mythic + so we don't get the feeling of farming the exact same geae over and over but just on different and growing ilvls
    That's alot of work just to easentialy just change a name.

Would it be OK just to scramble the loot tables ever season so stuff drops in diff places?

Or have a currancy drop from the end of a m+ run that u can use to buy a loot token from a specific dongeon? But then how do u stop people running the easiest one over and over like in legion for AP?

RNG of it dropping or not... bring back badges of justice/valor and a vendor to buy items off of equal to the raid for each badge. Also some of those bonuses were OP (something they do seem to have worked on)
    oh you mean the rng of a 25% droprate item not dropping? the horror.

it's sure a dehumanizing experience to run a repeatable mythic dungeon and not get your best item the first time

And then the complaints would be that the gear isn't itemized for their preferred spec or there isn't a piece on the vendor for the slot they currently need.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    That's alot of work just to easentialy just change a name.

Would it be OK just to scramble the loot tables ever season so stuff drops in diff places?

Or have a currancy drop from the end of a m+ run that u can use to buy a loot token from a specific dongeon? But then how do u stop people running the easiest one over and over like in legion for AP?
    literally noone farms M+ for AP.
    like, why do you people that don't play always have opinions/suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And then the complaints would be that the gear isn't itemized for their preferred spec or there isn't a piece on the vendor for the slot they currently need.
    people forgot that half of the valor rewards were useless.

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Did you miss the part where I said "like in legion" you know when spamming m+ was the best way to farm AP.....

And also I am currently playing atm, currently on a kultiran druid to be specific.

So the real question is why do you people who can't read, think they should reply to post they haven't read properly?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. You had 3-4 slots per tier, hard locked with certain stats. Unless they brought a comprehensive vendor with every stat value and combination in existence for you to pick and choose form, which I believe they never will. Badge gear was useful for filling holes in your raid gear, fooling gearscore addons to get into groups, and once in a blue moon getting an excellent piece.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Gear reset is not the issue for me but more so the fact that with something like M+ I have to go out and re earn exactly what I already have (such as a trinket that is normally something fun in a new raid). It has removed the excitement for getting something new, instead it feels like I am re earning what I already have.

Maybe 8.3 will change this, but I am not optimistic with the corruption gear. WF was bad enough RNG, but replacing it with something where it’s RNG to get corrupted gear, to then get the right corruption to then get it at the right level, just seems like it’s too much, even to a point where it’s not excitement getting it but more so relief (I hope I am misunderstanding this corrupted gear system, it seems a bit over the top). Why replace RNG gear with even more levels of RNG? Is RNG with WF not one of the main complaints of this expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. You had 3-4 slots per tier, hard locked with certain stats. Unless they brought a comprehensive vendor with every stat value and combination in existence for you to pick and choose form, which I believe they never will. Badge gear was useful for filling holes in your raid gear, fooling gearscore addons to get into groups, and once in a blue moon getting an excellent piece.
    I would have liked it if it uses the essence system. For example, each class gets a drop of an item that unlocks that tier set, and you need 4 drops to unlock 4 set bonus (first rank increases primary stats slightly, 2nd has an effect, 3rd same stats as rank 1 and rank 4 for the final effect) but it can only be used in the raid it is dropped in. That way you still get tier set and you can use w/e gear you want.

I’m not a big fan of cross raid/cross game type essences (like we currently have, I believe ones made for M+ should only be used in m+, ones earned in the open world only used there, etc). The idea of doing an old raid from a tier or two ago for a few weeks so you are not a burden is not appealing for me.
    Last edited by Soikona; 2020-01-13 at 04:13 PM.

imo put the raid loots table on the vendor, once you kill a boss you unlock its loot in the vendor, with the cost adjusted right shouldn't be a big deal.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Did you miss the part where I said "like in legion" you know when spamming m+ was the best way to farm AP.....

And also I am currently playing atm, currently on a kultiran druid to be specific.

So the real question is why do you people who can't read, think they should reply to post they haven't read properly?
    You farmed ap in legion for one tier, in nighthold.
    Literally noone farms M+ for ap.

The fact that noone farms M+ for ap means that the problem you mentioned was *gasp* fixed.

Learn to read and comprehend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Gear reset is not the issue for me but more so the fact that with something like M+ I have to go out and re earn exactly what I already have (such as a trinket that is normally something fun in a new raid). It has removed the excitement for getting something new, instead it feels like I am re earning what I already have.

Maybe 8.3 will change this, but I am not optimistic with the corruption gear. WF was bad enough RNG, but replacing it with something where it’s RNG to get corrupted gear, to then get the right corruption to then get it at the right level, just seems like it’s too much, even to a point where it’s not excitement getting it but more so relief (I hope I am misunderstanding this corrupted gear system, it seems a bit over the top). Why replace RNG gear with even more levels of RNG? Is RNG with WF not one of the main complaints of this expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

I would have liked it if it uses the essence system. For example, each class gets a drop of an item that unlocks that tier set, and you need 4 drops to unlock 4 set bonus (first rank increases primary stats slightly, 2nd has an effect, 3rd same stats as rank 1 and rank 4 for the final effect) but it can only be used in the raid it is dropped in. That way you still get tier set and you can use w/e gear you want.

I’m not a big fan of cross raid/cross game type essences (like we currently have, I believe ones made for M+ should only be used in m+, ones earned in the open world only used there, etc). The idea of doing an old raid from a tier or two ago for a few weeks so you are not a burden is not appealing for me.
    all of y'alls solutions are 200 times more convoluted than azerite, lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

imo put the raid loots table on the vendor, once you kill a boss you unlock its loot in the vendor, with the cost adjusted right shouldn't be a big deal.
    that's fucking stupid. inc paying for a last boss carry and just doing the bare minimum for the entire expansion

You farmed ap in legion for one tier, in nighthold.
    Literally noone farms M+ for ap.

The fact that noone farms M+ for ap means that the problem you mentioned was *gasp* fixed.

Learn to read and comprehend.

- - - Updated - - -

all of y'alls solutions are 200 times more convoluted than azerite, lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

that's fucking stupid. inc paying for a last boss carry and just doing the bare minimum for the entire expansion
    Your still not getting it "like in legion" means is a freaking example not the subject.

My point as very clearly stated was if we have a currancy then people would spam the easiest m+ to grind it "like in legion with ap" im not even talking about that problem that caused that, I'm talking about a hypothetical problem to a hypothetical solution to the problem they guy I replayed to had of gear stagnation. Litteraly fuck all to do with anything your going on with, you clearly can't read basic English if you missed that.

How can you tell me to learn to read when your the one commenting in what I wrote? What planet are you on? Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-01-13 at 04:43 PM.

Your still not getting it "like in legion" means is a freaking example not the subject.

My point as very clearly stated was if we have a currancy then people would spam the easiest m+ to grind it "like in legion with ap"

How can you tell me to learn to read when your the one commenting in what I wrote? What planet are you on? Jesus Christ.
    And just like in legion with ap, after they figured out how the community behaved, and they summarily nerfed it, so all dungeons at that point gave equivalent AP for completion time/bosses killed, so after nh patch ended, noone farmed.
    If you paid attention to how tuning and rewards have been laid out ever since the maw of souls/nighthold debacle, you'd understand that noone can really farm dungeons for anything like that.

I mean if you want me to expand why i said what i said, sure, but literally noone farms for ap. Maw of souls farm existing is one half of it, the devs response to maw of souls farming is the 2nd half of it.

That's why noone farms for ap. the same thing would happen, or rather, wouldn't be allowed to happen, because any currency like that would obviously be timegated.

So yeah, literally noone farms M+ for ap.

- - - Updated - - -

My idea for fixing tier was instead of the tier dropping the piece itself, it dropped a scroll which allowed you to "learn" the set bonus. Then you could apply the bonus to whatever piece you wanted to use. Down the "helm" boss and the "legs" boss you could assign whatever pieces you wanted as "tier" and get your 2pc.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like a good idea. Do you like the one I had above for tier?

And just like in legion with ap, after they figured out how the community behaved, and they summarily nerfed it, so all dungeons at that point gave equivalent AP for completion time/bosses killed, so after nh patch ended, noone farmed.
    If you paid attention to how tuning and rewards have been laid out ever since the maw of souls/nighthold debacle, you'd understand that noone can really farm dungeons for anything like that.

I mean if you want me to expand why i said what i said, sure, but literally noone farms for ap. Maw of souls farm existing is one half of it, the devs response to maw of souls farming is the 2nd half of it.

That's why noone farms for ap. the same thing would happen, or rather, wouldn't be allowed to happen, because any currency like that would obviously be timegated.

So yeah, literally noone farms M+ for ap.
    Fixed what? It was an example of problem that could occure to my hypothetical solution of using a gear token system to a problem about gear drops and farming the same instance for gear that another guy found boring.

Like wtf is even ur problem. Farming for AP now has litteraly nothing to do with my post. Everything ur saying has litteraly nothing to do with my post. Like wtf are you actualy on about?

You point makes no sense as it has nothing to do with what I was talking about.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-01-13 at 04:54 PM.

I think M+ is the best new thing in a long while, but yeah it has some problems. I don't mind re-earning gear that much, but it would be nice to get some acknowledgment of having it done before. Imagine you get your new Plumage and can combine it with your old one to upgrade it by 1 ilvl.

Another thing I would add is dungeon sets. I really like collecting sets, hard sets have problem, so maybe some item that lets you turn a piece of dungeon armor into a set piece. Have set boni only work inside dungeons so they don't become mandatory in raids. This would also help players who don't really want to raid but feel they have to to get BiS gear for dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Opinion:

I believe the current gear model is broken.

Convoluted systems that require parallel maintenance (HoA and Azerite Gear, essences and now cape)

Gear resets every patch. Mythic+0 grants heroic EP gear. And even worse, you have to re-earn the same gear from Mythic+ just because of an ilvl increase.

Warforged/Titanforged/Corrupted gear.

Opinion again:

A linear 1, 2, 3 model felt more rewarding. Gear "mattered" more. You even knew items by their name.
    The Linear gearing model was for a game that very clearly had Raids placed at the top of the food pyramid. Max level dungeons were just feeders for the Raid, if you weren't raiding you weren't getting the best gear because you weren't doing the hardest content.

It's not that clear anymore, M+ shares a content level with all but the last few bosses on Mythic in a raid. Rewards for playing that difficult of a level of content should be properly compensatory, which it more or less is.

Azerite Gear is the replacement for tier sets and isn't an awful system. It just had some big mistakes when implementing it, such as having to unlock traits on higher ilvl pieces, effectively making higher ilvl a downgrade.
    HoA isn't a bad system either, but it's current implementation into 8.3 is going to be a huge mistake.
    Cape is an interesting idea, but it's going to have problems with people who don't want to do Horrific Visions.

WF/TF - This system I look at seprately from Corrupted gear. The introduction of the system was clearly to help lesser skilled players progress through a raid tier. The issue is it got way out of control. And Blizz should have cut the system at Normal or maybe Heroic difficulty. IE if you are playing in Norm or HC you can get a drop that's +5ilvl, but Mythic should always be king.

Corrupted - We will see how this pans out, I think it will be interesting from the risk/reward side; but 1 month from now, the risk side will be nullified by increasing Cape resistance. I think they would have been better off just making it a flat "wear one piece" of corrupted gear up to a certain Cape level, then it's wear 2 pieces. This way it would keep power inflation in check, and you can still balance a risk/reward around deciding which piece to wear and cleanse. An obvious upgrade will still exist.

Fixed what? It was an example of problem that could occure to my hypothetical solution of using a gear token system to a problem about gear drops and farming the same instance for gear that another guy found boring.

Like wtf is even ur problem. Farming for AP now has litteraly nothing to do with my post. Everything ur saying has litteraly nothing to do with my post. Like wtf are you actualy on about?

You point makes no sense as it has nothing to do with what I was talking about.
    it has to do with farming resources/currency and the way in which the devs won't let the community be rats

Kinda why literally noone farms M+ for ap

They did bring them back... They are called titan residuum and manapearls and you buy shit from vendors that is even better than the raid drops.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    They did bring them back... They are called titan residuum and manapearls and you buy shit from vendors that is even better than the raid drops.
    have fun saving for 2 months for a specific piece I guess

it has to do with farming resources/currency and the way in which the devs won't let the community be rats

Kinda why literally noone farms M+ for ap
    But that has nothing to do with my hypothetical. Because its a single gear token. 1 token from 1 run. This is why I'm saying everything your on about makes no sense, not only that but your reply was immediately toxic and shitty for a post you didn't bother reading properly.

You could nurf it so the easiest m+ gives only 0.5 for a token... But then people will just run the 2nd easiest. People will just math out what ever is the fastest way and spam it what ever you do with a currency system like that. There is no fix to min maxing.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-01-13 at 05:16 PM.