Poll: Which is better, 8.3 or 7.3?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    7.3, for sure. Argus was about as close to a mini-expansion as they could get in terms of patch content, and it wasn't overshadowed by BFA the way 7.3 is being overshadowed by Shadowlands, no pun intended.

But that's also really not the whole picture.

A more accurate comparison would probably be 7.3 (Argus) to 8.2 (Nazjatar + Mechagon), 7.2 (Broken Shore) to 8.1 (Darkshore), and 7.1 (Legion Assaults) to 8.3 (Black Empire Assaults).

It's roughly the same amount of content, just with different cadence and timing. Actually, BFA may even have more conent overall when you factor in Islands and Faction Assaults.

The real issue is that Legion just had a more compelling narrative and more engaging gameplay.

And in retrospect, maybe the story should have flowed a bit differently. Mechagon and naga assaults in 8.2 with Eternal Palace raid, culminate in Nazjatar being raised from the deeps and War Campaign finale, 8.3 is Nazjatar, Black Empire assaults, and Ny'alotha (entrance in Nazjatar).

Roughly the same content overall, but 8.2 is smaller and 8.3 is way larger with a much longer tail leading into 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Cast your mind back to 7.3 and what was coming - legendary changes, crucible, Argus
    7.2 - YAAAAAAY, FLYING IS BACK, WHEEEEEEE!
    7.3 - OH FOR F..........

8.3 is a winner in my book because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    thought the same, i learned about this and quitted in 7.2. after KJ kill.

Its amusing to see, how mythic KJ is still the hardest boss in all of legion and antorus bosses are kinda whimps, mechanic wise.

Don't get the end cinematic either, why shrink sargeras to "weakened" titan pantheon size and not have a boss fight with him? he could beat us and we get sent back to azeroth. Was blizzard lazy here and in a rush to BfA their best expansion ever so far(Haha), or did they try to build up a huge mystery about sargeras or something?
    Yeah, I don't get the argument that we can't fight Sargegras because he's too "big and bad", and then he gets shrunken down to size where Illidan, a single person, can be his jailer. Yet 25 of Azeroth's most powerful heroes with legendary weapons can't have a crack at him? That's lazy.

I was looking forward to 7.3 much more than 8.3. 8.3 so come out about equal to expectations (pretty low), so unless my schedule opens up and I can raid again, I probably won't be playing much. 7.3 was a disappointment, because most of it was ugly, we couldn't fly, and the mobs were packed in really annoyingly tightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    8.3, without a doubt. I'm a transmogger and being able to finally Transmog Legendaries, all I need!
    all 1 of them :P

Hmmm, Thunderfuy, Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath, 1 of the rogue daggers, idk, that counts more than 1 to me.

7.3 had a shit ton of content. 8.3 has a ton of shit but no content.

7.3/ 8.3 is a fucking embarrassment and the people who worked on the content part should be ashamed. If this is the quality to expect in Shadowlands, then it will flop harder than BFA. And thats no small feat
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

8.3 is the worst patch in the history of WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    8.3 is the worst patch in the history of WoW
    It really is complete garbage
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    It really is complete garbage
    ..Genuinely

10+ Year Old Account
    If i compare the two, now a few days after playing 8.3, I would say 7.3 has had a much bigger impact, I couldn't put 7.3 down, and it was massive big up from 7.2 imo, I enjoyed lots of aspects, some became annoying after a while, but sadly 8.3 hasn't got me particularly motivated to keep going. good news for my life though, it means less time on wow.
    Yeah, now that I've played more of 8.3 since my last comment I have to say 8.3 isn't really all that great. The story quest chain so far hasn't been very interesting. It's been basically go here, go there, kill this, kill that. The dailies are becoming torturous. I don't know about other people's servers but on mine Alliance are everywhere tagging everything (I play Horde), spawn timers currently suck ass so majority of my time is spent flying around looking for the things I need to collect/kill. The visions are ok I guess I haven't done much of those yet.

Not surprising though that another major WoW patch has left me feeling mild about it. It's pretty common these days.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

bfa is shit. 8.3 being the final patch, meaning we are closer to the end of bfa. Ergo, 8.3 is the better patch

The largest issue with 8.3 is they barely touched the old zones. They slapped a visual on the map and added a few assets that have been in the game for over a decade already. They needed to really drive home a revamp of the zones, like they did with Arathi and Darkshore, for it to be viewed as successful instead of a rehashed lazy mess. 8.3 all in all is a shitshow with clearly very little effort put into the zones, they couldn't even be bothered to have decent achievements tied to the content, instead it's shit like "oh uhh kill 250 rares". There's 6 battle pets in 2 zones, Argus had almost triple that. The quests are very bland and they made it feel terrible to play with garbage like "kill 3 rares in a zone that only has 12 rares available, but one doesn't give credit so really it's only 11 rares." or "Bring back a Goliath Trophy" that takes several kills to drop. I went into 8.3 knowing it wasn't going to be amazing for world content(especially tied to all the bullshit with having the infinite grind), I just hope the raid isn't a mess, otherwise I might just quit until Shadowlands.

We also have confirmation that this patch is going to last a MINIMUM of 31 weeks with the PvP reward structure being blue posted, though I don't expect an Aug/Sep release for Shadowlands....I just hope I don't need to wait 11 months for Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2020-01-21 at 02:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I was hoping they'd go back and use zones they still had lots of work to update. un'goro and Feralas still remain at classic levels un developed. Quel'thalas and Azuremyst as well.

I use to think like you do, re-using old zones so we could do more in them. But I've come to like getting new zones, Although BFA seems a nice balance, we got Naz'jatar a totally new zone, and Mechagon which was a kul'tiras type of zone. Then ARtahi and Drakshore redone.

The things bout 8.3 is that Uldum and Vale were not redone, they just added stuff to it - this is hat was alarming. Usually they reveamp the whole zone.. but when I thinkabout it, Uldum and Vale didn't actualy need much work.. what you going to improve in Vale anyway? or Uldum? Arathi and Darkshore weren't that much work, but still you saw new trees, and new buildings
    yeah, what could be improved in uldum? sand is sand...the sand might have more tentacles later into the patch.

Vale dunno.

I care a lot more for game systems and gameplay, class design and thats the real, glaring issue in BfA.

But a good way to include the old worldzones is including more repeatable class quests. Don't need revamp of the zone, just a reasion to be there.

The crucible seemed dull and boring as a feature + literal endless grind was rather off-putting after some time. I basically enjoyed Mage Tower completion more than most of what Argus had to offer. Sure there was some hype but afterall it was almost nothing outstanding besides some of the Antorus encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Yeah, now that I've played more of 8.3 since my last comment I have to say 8.3 isn't really all that great. The story quest chain so far hasn't been very interesting. It's been basically go here, go there, kill this, kill that. The dailies are becoming torturous. I don't know about other people's servers but on mine Alliance are everywhere tagging everything (I play Horde), spawn timers currently suck ass so majority of my time is spent flying around looking for the things I need to collect/kill. The visions are ok I guess I haven't done much of those yet.

Not surprising though that another major WoW patch has left me feeling mild about it. It's pretty common these days.
    Did all the rares in the first 5 days in the patch each day.

Now i am really tired and near a burn out did not play on monday at all... totally demotivated and to think on top of that blizz added great worms in the sky to slow you down more, particulary in some places in uldum you can hardly avoid them(higher mountain region)

What a great idea some devs have and waste of development time. I'd rather make nearly instant respawn timers on most rares(those with low hp, merely that could be soloed) and some teleport portals to navigate quicker in uldum, to get a bit QoL, doing these minor daily things.

yeah, what could be improved in uldum? sand is sand...the sand might have more tentacles later into the patch.

Vale dunno.

I care a lot more for game systems and gameplay, class design and thats the real, glaring issue in BfA.

But a good way to include the old worldzones is including more repeatable class quests. Don't need revamp of the zone, just a reasion to be there.
    I Can only guess that the reason for the choice was because Uldum and Vale are one of a few vastly underused zones, so they chose them as fillers instead to add lots of content. I remember Vale having hardly anything going on, and uldum vast with little content.

Still, I would have preferred the zones that acrtually need revamping

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BFA and excitement are oxymoron

Vale dunno.

The entire quest chain in Uldum during Cataclysm basically helped the zone regrow plant life and such, they had a lot they could have done, but didn't. Not just with that, but they could have had inhabitants grow their towns, dig more irrigation canals, ect. Life doesn't stay stagnant because players finished the zone several years ago. They could have had remnants of the Burning Legion, scarred land, ect. They could have done a lot, they just didn't do anything at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.