Poll: Which is better, 8.3 or 7.3?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yemkela View Post
    Argus just didn't intrigue me that much since it felt so similar to the broken shore. By comparison I am extremely hyped for nyalotha, though I wish we had gotten just a bit more content to go with it.
    Good for you, but shouldnt you be comparing NY'alotha a raid, not zone, to Antorus rather than Argus which was 3 zones, a raid, a dungeon and more.

Imo, if it werent for allied races o wouldnt have played BFA

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus felt incomplete and rushed, just like Nazjatar and Ny'alotha. So many story beats missing and loose story threads. On the other hand, it had new outdoor areas unlike Ny'alotha; Mac'aree was nice but short.

Guess its easy to vote for 7.3, but i voted 8.3.

even though, so far 8.3 kinda sucks big time due to lack of QA.

But 7.3 i quitted in 7.2. after KJ kill until BfA came out.

I think they got the end wrong in legion, with no Sargeras Boss Encounter, i thought thats had to happen and its easily to do so, if he is cut to size by the pantheon power, we just saw in the cinematic, instead, the Final Boss is a strange guy Titan, who never appeared anyhwere.

At least, 8.3, gives us N'zoth who is build up pretty well over the expansions in subtile ways.

But thats just from a lore perspective, ofc 8.3. completely sucks with all its bugs and shortcomings. Wonder if thats really because blizz fired some people or rather because they went on a vacation, because the 8.1. and 8.2 patches were done pretty well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

Verdict: 8.3 feels a lot thinner, and buggier by some margin. They reused 2 old zones instead of give new zones, and those 2 zones weren't even updated (like the warfront zones for Arathi and darkshore) this is especially alarming because blizzard had started giving new zones for patches - it reminds me of low sub mmos or failing ones who re-use a lot more content rather than give you new ones, and blizzard was very good for doing lots of new stuff.
    I prefere blizz devs to reuse more of the old zones actually. So many places of azeroth got wasted for nothing. Uldum is a good example - its a rather big zone, and its a waste not to reuse it once again, should be done more frequently with a lot of the older zones.

But the bugs, and lack of visualization(dailies instead of WQ? why? inaccurate quest displays where mobs and stuff is), and horrible inaccurate rare spawns, are pretty disgusting.

The only enjoyable part that is horrofic visions is limited.

I guess the patch will be improved so this will be playable again as its stands this can't hold a candle to argus world content.

Raids we will see, but i bet nyalotha will be more interesting than antorus.

Some stuff is timegated, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I guess the fact that we'll be able to fly during some / all of the content (didnt check enough to know) is making it a bit better than 7.3. Still, both patches, despite the implications of their culmination, are uneventful, dull, and another "welp, more of the same old I guess".
    Flying means nothing in uldum at least, the zone is vast and lacks any kind of teleporters while there are those sky worms reducing your flying speed. Argus was much smoother to move around with all those teleporters and each zone felt much smaller, too.

7.3 added:
    - 3 mini zones and a new saga around them.
    - A new dungeon.
    - A new raid.
    - QoL legendary changes.
    - A new way to make artifacts interesting, the Vindicaar abilities.
    - Closure to Sargeras storyline.
    - Catchup gear that was actually useful.

8.3 Added:
    - N'zoth.
    - A new raid.
    - 2 Revamped zones that are basically just Legion invasions with less effort.
    - A "not Suramar withered" grind.
    - 2 new races (mainly tied to extremely tedious grinding)
    - 2 heritidge armor sets (mainly pointless after completing them).
    - A new legendary that has no real value.
    - Catchup mechanics that have no real value.

I love Old God themed content, just a shame its just re-used content..
    Looking forward to the new raid tho.

I generally liked Legion and haven't found the same joy for BFA, so it's 7.3 for me, even if it was timegated out of another world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    8.3. The moment I found out we weren't fighting Sargeras, the end of Legion was dead in the water to me. Even with N'zoth and Ny'alotha just being instanced/alternate future, at least we're actually fighting the son of a bitch. Plus, 8.3 has allied races, 7.3 didn't if I remember correctly, Lightforged/VE/Mag'har/Nightborne didn't come out until the following patch.
    thought the same, i learned about this and quitted in 7.2. after KJ kill.

Its amusing to see, how mythic KJ is still the hardest boss in all of legion and antorus bosses are kinda whimps, mechanic wise.

Don't get the end cinematic either, why shrink sargeras to "weakened" titan pantheon size and not have a boss fight with him? he could beat us and we get sent back to azeroth. Was blizzard lazy here and in a rush to BfA their best expansion ever so far(Haha), or did they try to build up a huge mystery about sargeras or something?

Usually blizzard stories are pretty straightforward, but with the sargeras - pantheon - illidan story arc, Sylvanas and Tyrande i wonder what blizz are trying to do here....are they actually into 4D chess now?

Anyways, that horrible QA of patch 8.3. will most likely smooth out in the next weeks and people not be here at the first weeks will have a vastly different expierence, i bet. I only have good expierence to play later into a patch and hardly good ones starting with it...i never watched the horrible days of WoD when it launched, because i jumped into the middle of the exp into it at half the cost and half the problems and bugs

i wonder what the problems for blizzard to make a clean patch, they aren't in their vanilla days anymore and should have some expierence.

8.3 for sure then again i hated legion anyways.

7.3, but it was a disappointment story wise. Still it was a million times better than 8.3. Argus lasted me quite awhile, lots of good world pvp too.....that is before war mode killed it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by scriM View Post
    I generally liked Legion and haven't found the same joy for BFA, so it's 7.3 for me, even if it was timegated out of another world.
    Found artefact weapons, legendaries(the class specific ones with utility), a class centric immersion and quest gameplay, class halls, and class raid tiers much better than uhm.......GCD change, faction boat, and no class set.....

legion might have killed the old pvp system and its vendors, but it was still wild fun and innovative with class changes(even some were bad for the gameplay at least they tried) BfA is a complete filler.

The 4th war campaign should have ended much differently too........i mean since when did a war not end in a big battle? certainly not in WC1-WC3...what is this. Just a honor duel without honor is the very end and no big battle......really what is this?

Filler expansion, indeed.

But i somehow i am so in shock that i must play this shit......strange i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    thought the same, i learned about this and quitted in 7.2. after KJ kill.

Its amusing to see, how mythic KJ is still the hardest boss in all of legion and antorus bosses are kinda whimps, mechanic wise.

Don't get the end cinematic either, why shrink sargeras to "weakened" titan pantheon size and not have a boss fight with him? he could beat us and we get sent back to azeroth. Was blizzard lazy here and in a rush to BfA their best expansion ever so far(Haha), or did they try to build up a huge mystery about sargeras or something?

Usually blizzard stories are pretty straightforward, but with the sargeras - pantheon - illidan story arc, Sylvanas and Tyrande i wonder what blizz are trying to do here....are they actually into 4D chess now?

Anyways, that horrible QA of patch 8.3. will most likely smooth out in the next weeks and people not be here at the first weeks will have a vastly different expierence, i bet. I only have good expierence to play later into a patch and hardly good ones starting with it...i never watched the horrible days of WoD when it launched, because i jumped into the middle of the exp into it at half the cost and half the problems and bugs

i wonder what the problems for blizzard to make a clean patch, they aren't in their vanilla days anymore and should have some expierence.
    Actually that's true. The last fight could have been Sargeras gets sucked into the ship and we fight with illidan and the titans to be able to subdue him and lock him away. But just because Sargeras wasnt a boss doesn't make 8.3 better.... I mean.. 8.3 zones are reused without even a lick of graphic update.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Actually that's true. The last fight could have been Sargeras gets sucked into the ship and we fight with illidan and the titans to be able to subdue him and lock him away. But just because Sargeras wasnt a boss doesn't make 8.3 better.... I mean.. 8.3 zones are reused without even a lick of graphic update.
    The graphic update so to speak are the void infections on some of the zones look a bit closer in the MoP zone or wherever that N'zoth invasion will launch again. So, yeah there are small graphic updates.

And i really think, Ny'alotha will be a better raid with a better final than Antorus.

Still, think Uldum could have used some teleporters to move around more smoothly, instead sky worms slow your flying speed and they do fly pretty low there to affect you often enough. I wonder why that was done?

People talk about lack of dev resources for 8.3., but some dev obviously had enough time for this creative and cool idea with nerfing flying in old zones, something to expand on i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was definitely more hyped for 7.3 because it was Argus, which I was expecting to be an expansion. It turned out to be extremely timegated, but I did like the storyline. Right now I would take it over 8.3.

The graphic update so to speak are the void infections on some of the zones look a bit closer in the MoP zone or wherever that N'zoth invasion will launch again. So, yeah there are small graphic updates.

And i really think, Ny'alotha will be a better raid with a better final than Antorus.

Still, think Uldum could have used some teleporters to move around more smoothly, instead sky worms slow your flying speed and they do fly pretty low there to affect you often enough. I wonder why that was done?

People talk about lack of dev resources for 8.3., but some dev obviously had enough time for this creative and cool idea with nerfing flying in old zones, something to expand on i guess.
    They added some spooky purple tentacle effects. That doesnt equal a graphical upgrade. Hiw can you honestly compare all the content that came with 7.3 to what is given in 8.3?

They added some spooky purple tentacle effects. That doesnt equal a graphical upgrade. Hiw can you honestly compare all the content that came with 7.3 to what is given in 8.3?
    quite a ton of eyes and tentacles, though. The art on Argus was pretty boring and uninteresting, i rather watch some old zones, but of course it would have made sense, if Ny'laotha would have been a landmass to have some quests and story.

oh, and we got 2 allied races like in legion 7.3.

And in due time we can compare the raids, but since antorus was so boring, this must be a win.

Whats really lacking is another Dungeon, but we got visions instead.

8.3. just makes a bad impression right now due to QA problems and bugs, its not enjoyable right now, and there is heavy time gating, too on visions and cloack upgrades and currently even availible gear, the patch is not even in full swing.

So we have to compare early 7.3 with early 8.3., dunno about early 7.3. didn't play at the time. I bet it had less bugs, but the same timegating from what i read so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a draenei fanboy, 7.3 was probably one of my most anticipated patches in the history of the game, but even without the bias, I'd rate it over 8.3, before and after its release.

7.3 by far. Kinda hard to beat the hype for Argus... 8.3 is just reskinned zones we've already been to.
    Now that I've played 8.3 a bit, it seems to have more in it than 7.3 did

I prefere blizz devs to reuse more of the old zones actually. So many places of azeroth got wasted for nothing. Uldum is a good example - its a rather big zone, and its a waste not to reuse it once again, should be done more frequently with a lot of the older zones.

But the bugs, and lack of visualization(dailies instead of WQ? why? inaccurate quest displays where mobs and stuff is), and horrible inaccurate rare spawns, are pretty disgusting.

The only enjoyable part that is horrofic visions is limited.

I guess the patch will be improved so this will be playable again as its stands this can't hold a candle to argus world content.

Raids we will see, but i bet nyalotha will be more interesting than antorus.

Some stuff is timegated, too.
    I was hoping they'd go back and use zones they still had lots of work to update. un'goro and Feralas still remain at classic levels un developed. Quel'thalas and Azuremyst as well.

I use to think like you do, re-using old zones so we could do more in them. But I've come to like getting new zones, Although BFA seems a nice balance, we got Naz'jatar a totally new zone, and Mechagon which was a kul'tiras type of zone. Then ARtahi and Drakshore redone.

The things bout 8.3 is that Uldum and Vale were not redone, they just added stuff to it - this is hat was alarming. Usually they reveamp the whole zone.. but when I thinkabout it, Uldum and Vale didn't actualy need much work.. what you going to improve in Vale anyway? or Uldum? Arathi and Darkshore weren't that much work, but still you saw new trees, and new buildings

10+ Year Old Account
    8.3 is already starting to grow old and its not even been a week.

I was more excited about 7.3 becasue there was more places to explore. In 8.3 you go to older zones just grind there.