Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahaa Sargon of Akkad is a racist, sexist moron. who self destructed and embarrassed his own political party. I guess he is back to his worthless pop culture reviews of shitty movies made 30 years ago. Nah I'll pass Demolition Man was nothing but a terrible movie that good only for how poorly it was made.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Translation: Orange man bad.
    Because he objectively is.

Not my problem you can't accept a single piece of the mountain of evidence that's against your beloved strong man.

I won't argue with a guy who's going to only scream "FAKE NEWS" at any argument brought to him.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "Nuance and care" and Doug Walker do not belong in the same taxonomic class, let alone sentence.

It's fairly telling as to how bad Sargon's takes are by comparison.
    Yes, it's pretty bad when I point to the screaming man covered in paint and have to say "he somehow got the point much, much better than your guy." And yet, somehow, it is quite true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I mean, if you want a summary of it with much more nuance and care.... it's much better as a criticism of online culture and extremists, not of a much more complicated and multifaceted political position. Both liberals and conservatives have plenty of extremists to go around. I mean, you have a far right religious group trying to censor a company for using the word damn (yes I said it). Don't try telling me that political correctness is a lefty thing.

One Million Moms is a right wing "group" (headed by . . . one woman, where the other 999,999 moms are I don't know) recently threw a fit about a Burger King commercial that had the word "damn" in it, and earlier threw a fit about Hallmark playing a commercial with a lesbian couple in it.

But I'm supposed to be lead to believe that the left has a monopoly on Political Correctness?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Yes, it's pretty bad when I point to the screaming man covered in paint and have to say "he somehow got the point much, much better than your guy." And yet, somehow, it is quite true.
    "Snarky white man stating his opinions as fact loudly into the camera" is up there with "anime avatar offers shitty hot takes like 'Lio and Galo's Height Difference in Promare is Problematic'" in terms of YouTube video format I am glad have faded in popularity.

Your Sargons, your Jordans Peterson, et cetera are nothing but modern day snake oil salesmen selling rage, basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Oh yeah, let's not even hear what he has to say. Let's just copy what Twitter thinks of him, like the good little sheep that we are.

Oh...Sacramento. Yeah, that explains it.
    You do realize that there is such a thing as reputation and credibility?

Waste enough of it and you get to a point where people no longer have to obligation to take your "essays" (and I am using this word liberally in this case) seriously and entertain your ravings beyond an automatic dismissal.

That point, Sargon is way beyond that point.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-01-13 at 10:06 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you want to interpret movies from a certain POV, take that to Cinema / TV Shows / Music / Books.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."