Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Why didn't Wrathion seek the void elves?

    I haven't finished the questline, lazily doing it befor emore unlocks on patch day, and I haven't checked the PTR story yet, and I don't mind spoilers (don't care really),

    But Wrathion goes all over searching for ways to lessen the effects of corruption/ the whispers ... all teh major sources of lore are consulted -- the Shen'dralar, the Pandaren Lore KEepers, his own flight's records, Karazhan (which makes Kirin'tor redundant) - but why isn't seeking the void elves for answers to guard against corruption? and I would expect Suramar and Nar'thalas to have more ancient records, unless the Shen'dralar records superceded theirs ( he does spend 2 pages going on about their great knowledge - and that they'd even handled the void with some meausre of success - but most of their records in Dire Maul are destroyed.. to question?

    1. Why not go ask living Shen'dralar?
    2. Why not ask void elves and the Locus Walker?
    3. Why not ask some of the Keepers who surely would have nowledge of this?
    4. Where is the Light and why isn't it being used?

    He does explain why he can't get knowledge from other flights.

    I have possible solutions: for 1 & 2 - it could be that he has n o one to trust for certain amongst the highborne or void elves for reliable answers, not knowing who's been watched by n'zoth and who's been overcome, or they just know with the living ones would have provided answers already if they did, and Wrathion has already exhausted that.. Or maybe the void elves know other void whispers and N'zoth is more a direct hands on, which is much harder or slightly different than the general beyond the veil whispers? As for the Keepers, they may have no knowledge of how mortals can safeguard corruption - although this doesn't seem plausible, I guess the fact M.O.T.H.E.R doesn't know is the answer to the Keepers not being satisfactory avenues.. As for the last.. what is the light? At first it became useless against undead and demons, and now all void solutions don't seem to involve it.. I don't get it ?

    Surely good writing would at least show as clearly why some of these other avenues haven't been used.

    Also, I notice a lot of humans and void elves now serving N'zoth when I was in the Karazhan catacombs... looks like they fell to the whispers OR it's possible in succumbing to N'zoth, Thalassians gain the void elf appearance but are not part of the ren'dorei group on the alliance trained by Alleria.

    Note I haven't finished yet.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-01-13 at 09:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Because almost no one trust the Void elves. The only reason that they were accepted into the alliance was because Alleria vouched for them. You should make one some day, and walk into the Stormwind Cathedral, see how their "allies" really think of them.

  3. #3
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    25,734
    I'd assume Wrathion doesn't trust the Void Elves, given N'Zoth's closeness to the Void, and the susceptibility they have to the whispers of the Void and/or the Old Gods.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'd assume Wrathion doesn't trust the Void Elves, given N'Zoth's closeness to the Void, and the susceptibility they have to the whispers of the Void and/or the Old Gods.
    But he WILL trust the void elf players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Just quit already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Shut the hell up. You mindless consumers are why these companies get away with doing scummy shit with their products.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Maljinwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    2,846
    For the same reason he didnt contact the Shadowmoon clan
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

  6. #6
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    25,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    But he WILL trust the void elf players.
    They bear the Heart of the Azeroth, probably showing that they can be trusted as Azeroth herself trusts them.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    They bear the Heart of the Azeroth, probably showing that they can be trusted as Azeroth herself trusts them.
    An item received through Magni, which has been proven to have been a pawn of N'Zoth, sent to power up the Heart in order for it to be used later as a battery for the console controlling his prison.

    Not looking good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Just quit already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Shut the hell up. You mindless consumers are why these companies get away with doing scummy shit with their products.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'd assume Wrathion doesn't trust the Void Elves, given N'Zoth's closeness to the Void, and the susceptibility they have to the whispers of the Void and/or the Old Gods.
    Do they give any indication at all about this? It could just as easily be that they don't know. Same question arises about the Shen'dralar, if their archives are mostly destroyed, why not ask them?

    Or is resistance to thew hispers something only Thalassians are capable of under training? Or are they actually not resistant, which begs the question what is their point?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    For the same reason he didnt contact the Shadowmoon clan
    Oh, completely forgot about them too, there would be Mag'har Shadowmoon clan.

    Question, do we know how many shadowmoon clan arrived?

    I love that you can play the Mag'har, but i am a bit annoyed that the game dosen't show us distinctive skin tones for each clan and doesn't really dress them up enough. But it was nice to have them. Similarly if we have Half breeds, I'd expect hem to bascially composite all the options in one character creation so you can bsically choose anything from half orc, halfelf to half draenei - by adding horn/tail as one tab, another tab will give you options for teeth (orc teeth, elf teeth or human teeth, another option for ears .. that could work.

  9. #9
    Wration's character kind of became meaningless to me the moment Blizzard forgot he was even supposed to play a major role in The Legion, laying bare the facts they often walk back long laid plans for reasons with no justifiable explanation in story. So who he trusts or does not trust is as irrelevant as his characterization, or lack thereof.

    "Weren't you supposed to help us prepare for The Legion? Where have you been!?"
    Wrathion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  10. #10
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    25,734
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Do they give any indication at all about this? It could just as easily be that they don't know. Same question arises about the Shen'dralar, if their archives are mostly destroyed, why not ask them?

    Or is resistance to thew hispers something only Thalassians are capable of under training? Or are they actually not resistant, which begs the question what is their point?
    Wrathion is still not keen on making himself known, so it's unlikely he'd actually show his face to either group out of a desire to keep to himself, as it were. I was more talking about why he'd not go to the Void Elves if he were to go to anyone - their closeness to the Void an issue when contending with a force like N'Zoth. I don't think Thalassians have any special resistance to the whispers of the Old Gods to speak of, though - more it was just something they studied. The whisper-resistance elixir was actually a product of the tomes of lore contained Karazhan, Medivh's library of magical knowledge (according to Page 7 of Wrathion's Journal).
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Wrathion is still not keen on making himself known, so it's unlikely he'd actually show his face to either group out of a desire to keep to himself, as it were. I was more talking about why he'd not go to the Void Elves if he were to go to anyone - their closeness to the Void an issue when contending with a force like N'Zoth. I don't think Thalassians have any special resistance to the whispers of the Old Gods to speak of, though - more it was just something they studied. The whisper-resistance elixir was actually a product of the tomes of lore contained Karazhan, Medivh's library of magical knowledge (according to Page 7 of Wrathion's Journal).
    IT did make me wonder, why go to teh archives of the shen'dralar instead of them? Which supports the him not desiring to show his face.. But why does Loremaster Cho get the privilege and not say Mordant Evenshade or Estulan or appraoch the Suramar or Nar'thalas archives? Maybe because Cho is neutral ?

    The Karazhan library offers a key breakthrough, but he has been gathering information from the start. Are blizzard just trying something differnt or specific reasons for those particular paths? We haven't heard much from the Shen'dralar, the Panadraen lot nor Karazhan for a while.. maybe that's why. Although we did majorly visit Karazhan in 7.2, but then Karazhan makes visitng Dalaran un-necessary, and much easier to evade notice, no living people in Eldre'thalas or Karazhan and i do know many people who'd much rather find out their information than go around trying to ask people for info.

    Maybe that's it.

  12. #12
    Banned Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    9,970
    problems with timeline, he was doing his research before and nothing implies they would be better, when in his eyes they would be novice, and the most important thing, never trust an elf, even worse a void elf

  13. #13
    Because Blizzard forgot he existed until people harassed them over him not showing up in Legion to fight them, despite the Legion's return being the entire impetus for his character in MoP.

    IE: Blizzard forgot because they don't care about telling a cohesive story anymore and just throw out random nonsense to satisfy the rule of cool.

    I guarantee you somebody went, "Hey Wrathion didn't show up last patch when all the other dragons did. Let's have him show up in 8.3, and let's have him give the players another legendary cloak because he did that before in MoP. It's circular, you know, thematic." and then they all patted themselves on the back.

  14. #14
    Probably because even he is not desperate to the point of remotely getting near those embodiement of an ass pull .

    Say a lot about the Void elves .

  15. #15
    Because the Ren'dorei's existence is probably still a mystery to most factions on Azeroth. They are a secretive race that dwells in a broken world somewhere in the Void, and they are led by relatively insignificant figures in the geopolitical scenario of Azeroth like Alleria and Magister Umbric (again, important in Quel'thalas' history, not important for the rest of the world though..... at least as of right now). Wrathion probably hasn't heard the news that the Alliance recruited these Ren'dorei -- after all, it has barely been a year between 7.3.5 and 8.3. Also the Ren'dorei dwell in Telogrus Rift, as I was saying, which is a mysterious place far away from the planet and that cannot even be REACHED unless you know how to locate it. That's why nobody ever got there before Umbric complete Drathir's studies and found it.

    Anyway, I think the Ren'dorei are those who will seek out Wrathion. His potions could be the kei to resolving the Ren'dorei's plight and allowing them to silence the whispers permanently and continue with their good work.

    Finally, about that last point about "Ren'dorei" serving under N'Zoth..... there's no way of knowing they are actually Ren'dorei. As you say, they could just be Sin'dorei or Quel'dorei who fell to the whispers and were consumed by N'Zoth. Alternatively they could be faceless minions taking on mortal forms to infiltrate themselves in mortal society. One such faceless remained close to King Anduin and then Varian for many years and was thwarted only in Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-01-14 at 06:23 AM.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I haven't finished the questline, lazily doing it befor emore unlocks on patch day, and I haven't checked the PTR story yet, and I don't mind spoilers (don't care really),

    But Wrathion goes all over searching for ways to lessen the effects of corruption/ the whispers ... all teh major sources of lore are consulted -- the Shen'dralar, the Pandaren Lore KEepers, his own flight's records, Karazhan (which makes Kirin'tor redundant) - but why isn't seeking the void elves for answers to guard against corruption? and I would expect Suramar and Nar'thalas to have more ancient records, unless the Shen'dralar records superceded theirs ( he does spend 2 pages going on about their great knowledge - and that they'd even handled the void with some meausre of success - but most of their records in Dire Maul are destroyed.. to question?

    1. Why not go ask living Shen'dralar?
    2. Why not ask void elves and the Locus Walker?
    3. Why not ask some of the Keepers who surely would have nowledge of this?
    4. Where is the Light and why isn't it being used?

    He does explain why he can't get knowledge from other flights.

    I have possible solutions: for 1 & 2 - it could be that he has n o one to trust for certain amongst the highborne or void elves for reliable answers, not knowing who's been watched by n'zoth and who's been overcome, or they just know with the living ones would have provided answers already if they did, and Wrathion has already exhausted that.. Or maybe the void elves know other void whispers and N'zoth is more a direct hands on, which is much harder or slightly different than the general beyond the veil whispers? As for the Keepers, they may have no knowledge of how mortals can safeguard corruption - although this doesn't seem plausible, I guess the fact M.O.T.H.E.R doesn't know is the answer to the Keepers not being satisfactory avenues.. As for the last.. what is the light? At first it became useless against undead and demons, and now all void solutions don't seem to involve it.. I don't get it ?

    Surely good writing would at least show as clearly why some of these other avenues haven't been used.

    Also, I notice a lot of humans and void elves now serving N'zoth when I was in the Karazhan catacombs... looks like they fell to the whispers OR it's possible in succumbing to N'zoth, Thalassians gain the void elf appearance but are not part of the ren'dorei group on the alliance trained by Alleria.

    Note I haven't finished yet.
    Hmmm, good question. But I assume that there is a different strain on them. The Void Elves willingly accepted void energies into their bodies and draw power from it but at the same time they are as single beings not that important to the Void, so maybe the simple amount of Whispers the Void Elves have to resist is limited, after all, it is only Alleria that ate a Void Naaru, we only had a small sip in comparison.
    I doubt whatever training the Void Elves do to content with this would be enough to supress the whispers that beings like Deathwing in the past and Wrathion have to endure

    The other answer might be that the resistance the Void Elves practice is on a more personal individual level that cannot simply be trained. We know that Alleria is using her feelings for Arator as protection, so maybe it requires just that: feelings of love towards someone else.
    We cannot be sure Wrathion would even understand this or be able to do it. Apart from a questionable friendship with Anduin he has no close ties to anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Because almost no one trust the Void elves. The only reason that they were accepted into the alliance was because Alleria vouched for them. You should make one some day, and walk into the Stormwind Cathedral, see how their "allies" really think of them.
    I always loved these little details and tbf after what happened at the Sunwell, it is probably not the best idea for Void Elves to go anywhere near Light thingies.

    Wait till we get Void Elf Death Knights tomorrow, we should probably spontanously combust whenever we set foot into Cathedral

  17. #17
    the main reason is, it would require blizzard to recall already establied lore.. such as Void elfs are a thing.
    Lore and reason and the grand "schumes" was Dragged out in the wood shot and burried in a shallow grave 1 feet deep ages ago. Why did he not atleast investigate them? for why fuck you that why.
    Why was he not in legion when in MoP his whole plan was about the legion will come, cus fuck you. I have not done the quest yet but i can only assume it will be filled with as many as everything else plot holes big enough so The Dreanie flying spaceship COULD come to help, but they lost their key.

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans Nathreim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    2,748
    Void Elves are insane void users thats why. I know the Alliance dont see it but every one the Horde interacts with is a loon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I always loved these little details and tbf after what happened at the Sunwell, it is probably not the best idea for Void Elves to go anywhere near Light thingies.

    Wait till we get Void Elf Death Knights tomorrow, we should probably spontanously combust whenever we set foot into Cathedral
    No more than any normal DK. Dying would remove the taint of the void on them leaving just a Blood/high Elf. Same thing happens with the fel in Blood Elves.

  19. #19
    Blizzard forgot about void elves since they were given no story anyway after the intro quest. They had a cameo in the war campaign that did nothing, but were absent completely after 8.1.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Because Blizzard forgot he existed until people harassed them over him not showing up in Legion to fight them, despite the Legion's return being the entire impetus for his character in MoP.

    IE: Blizzard forgot because they don't care about telling a cohesive story anymore and just throw out random nonsense to satisfy the rule of cool.

    I guarantee you somebody went, "Hey Wrathion didn't show up last patch when all the other dragons did. Let's have him show up in 8.3, and let's have him give the players another legendary cloak because he did that before in MoP. It's circular, you know, thematic." and then they all patted themselves on the back.
    Why would he show up without some kind of peace offering or major plot device (such as now with battling N’zoth and his own corruption)?
    He was the cause of WoD. He orchestrated Garrosh being set free and gaining entrance to AU Draenor which lead Alliance and Horde to face new enemies with the Iron Horde as well as AU versions of demons they’ve already fought before.
    It’s not so much that Blizzard forgot about him but more that, in a sense, he is every bit a war criminal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •