Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Have people legitimately started thinking Blizzard is going to actually kill Sylvanas?

Oh my sweet naive children.

Best case scenario is that she goes off screen for some reason, maybe becoming the Jailer herself or something. There is no way they are going to kill her off.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Have people legitimately started thinking Blizzard is going to actually kill Sylvanas?

Oh my sweet naive children.
    I've come to accept that the bitch will never die. So, why not go full BDSM on her ass instead?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm let’s see.
    the wafiu of the head story developer and countless nerds versus Some new named Throwaway fool introduced in a gameplay video...
    She’s not gonna be killed at best she’s gonna do a whole “We are free finally” bit when she absorbs the main baddie she serves.

I hope Sylvanas dies off-screen in a book somewhere (again..). So tired of her character..
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They've already stated she won't be a raid boss. And that the Jailer will be a raid boss. From this, it's fairly obvious which one would die first.

When Blizzard openly states these things publically, what other information do you need to not ask stupid fucking questions?
    Yeah, and Grommash Hellscream v2 is already dead as he was the endboss of Warlords of Draenor

--

OT: Maybe Sylvanas dies by the end of whatever zone in a quest as Garrosh

Sylvanas with her uncanny wit will trick the Jailer and steal his power for herself as was her goal from the beginning and a being older then time itself won't see it coming. She will proceed to kill him and then we might get to fight her in a raid.

She will be second Kerrigan and ascend , escaping any consequences of her actions and being “redeemed” in the most tone deaf, contrived and hamfisted plot that ever existed. Because of the writing team in general and Danuser personally.

I understand your point, but the forums, official and mmo-c, have been littered for the past two years with Sylvannas will be a raid boss. CONFIRMED 8.3 SYVLAANS RAID boss, etc, etc, etc.

Then Ion comes out and states in in two different interviews that she won't be. We can try to skew someone's words to fir a narrative anytime they want. But it won't benefit the story of WoW to have her as a raid boss in this expac, or the next. She is her own person. As has been stated many times before. She uses others to get what she wants, and in showing the players the shadowlands, is helping us in a way.
    We don't really know what her motives are. She 'may' have good intentions or she 'may' have self centered ones. It could still swing either way.

But I disagree that her being a raid boss would be a 'detriment' to her character. It wouldn't be so long as said raid boss is handled well. Sylvanas isn't flawless or always on top of things, she's made mistakes many times before. It wouldn't be suddenly out of character if she were backed into a corner and made to fight. Or a theoretical raidboss could be an unusual one where we don't spend the whole fight hitting her directly but have to track her down and expose her etc to do damage. The idea that she's such a special character that putting her in a raid boss would be a detriment I just don't buy, it would just be a matter of how they approach designing the fight and the context around it. Heck as we see with Azshara being a raid boss doesn't even have to mean she'd die as a raid boss.

Though again, I'm not saying she 'will' be a raid boss or 'Sylvanas X.1 boss confirmed' etc, just that I don't personally think her being a raid boss would be a 'bad' thing for her character if handled well nor do I trust everything blizz says when it comes to future content/spoilers, things they not only don't want to reveal what is really happening but could also have changed their mind mid development.

I understand your point, but the forums, official and mmo-c, have been littered for the past two years with Sylvannas will be a raid boss. CONFIRMED 8.3 SYVLAANS RAID boss, etc, etc, etc.

Then Ion comes out and states in in two different interviews that she won't be. We can try to skew someone's words to fir a narrative anytime they want. But it won't benefit the story of WoW to have her as a raid boss in this expac, or the next. She is her own person. As has been stated many times before. She uses others to get what she wants, and in showing the players the shadowlands, is helping us in a way.
    Blizzard says a lot of things.

For example: Grommash being the end boss of WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    Thats wrong. Alex Afrasiabi stated that Sylvanas is not going to die as a Raid Boss, but she still can be one. He literally said it in the interview.

" "Does that mean you will not fight her?" he added. "Not necessarily true either. The reality is you can fight her every day of the week in Grommash Hold, in a raid, right now. But I do think there's a lot more to Sylvanas' story that hasn't been told yet." "

from the Eurogamer Interview.

I think Sylvanas will be the Raid Boss of 9.2 in the same way Azshara was. But she is not going to die as one and will play her game at the end of the final raid, against the Jailer.
    No matter if she dies or will become the new Jailer, it will 99% happen after we get rid of the Jailer. Sylvanas endgame will 100% be at the end of shadowlands, for sure

(the current interview even stated that shadowlands is all about Sylvanas and the Jailer, so who ever hopes for getting rid of sylvanas in 9.1 gonna be disappointed)
    What I linked as a direct quote from Ion during a Q&A, not any sort of anecdotal evidence. I pulled the quote from a gaming site that has the Q&A up there. So what makes your statement true and the one Ion stated false? Your statement is based on the fact you can fight her in some dumb hold thing. But we're talking in relation to her new story arc, which is what Ion is reference. So please, go sit down.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-14 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    My bet is on Sylvanas. I am still picturing some Kairoz and Garrosh dynamic here where the Jailer just straight up kills her once he gets what he wants. Garrosh did the same to Kairoz and I always kinda loved that.

I would like to fight Sylvanas but at the same time.....would I really? Like really? lol. I just want her gone. Sick of her oversaturation at this point and don't really care what they do with her as long as she is just gone lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    (an) amazingly written redemption arc where Sylvanas was the Illidan all along and get 95D chess saved the entirety of the cosmos and beyond, so midway through the expansion we join forces with her and help her ascend into a Xel'naga
    Sounds like something current writers might try to pull off

But in all honesty, I don't see them killing her off. Maybe she will be retired, whether it's by her taking the Jailor's place or her getting redeemed, or otherwise forgiven ala Illidan in Legion /cringe
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2020-01-15 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    She will tear down the jailers crown and reveal the fourth wall.

They already said at last Blizzcon that anyone could become a raid boss. Even if it's not much, it's no longer true that Sylvanas won't die or won't become a raid boss.

Sylvanas will most likely try to backstab the Jailer and fail, since one of her main traits is her arrogance and how her plans always backfire. She probably won't be killed by the Jailer though, but by someone who has a personal matter with her like Alleria, Tyrande, or Greymane.