Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ............ [/I]
    What is with your extremely aggressive responses? Is this normal?

I didn't comment on the content drought at all. I commented on how he claims "not enough testing happened and systems launched poor in BFA" which is completely out of line for him to write at this point because all he did during the BfA Beta was push peoples criticism aside and praise Blizzard for how great everything was going.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    What is with your extremely aggressive responses? Is this normal?

I didn't comment on the content drought at all. I commented on how he claims "not enough testing happened and systems launched poor in BFA" which is completely out of line for him to write at this point because all he did during the BfA Beta was push peoples criticism aside and praise Blizzard for how great everything was going.
    More for everyone, cause the entire day i have seen people here and on the official forums crying, so just used yours as a place to post the giant post i got from the forums.

and nah towllie is a pretty real dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Account wide essences are not what we need, easier essences is what we need.
    Account wide essences only fixes alts, and just makes it lame.
    easier ones make it easier for new players, returning players, and alts.

and those can easily come in later minor "not .5" patches.
    Fixing the problem in a minor patch when the expansion is basically "done" is exactly how they handled Legendaries in 7.3.5.

By the time they implement a fix most normal people are done with the expansion anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

More for everyone, cause the entire day i have seen people here and on the official forums crying, so just used yours as a place to post the giant post i got from the forums.

and nah towllie is a pretty real dude.
    Alright. If you think that, that's entirely up to you. But anyone that shoves peoples genuine criticisms and concerns aside just so he can lick Blizzards boots is not healthy for this community or this game. I don't think I would like to engage with you further thanks.

Good! Let’s focus on Shadowlands and put BfA behind us <3
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    This is in the store:
    *World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020

They are obligated to launch by then.

Legion and BfA had that exact same message, both which came out in August.

Pray tell, what will you do when Shadowlands comes out around August/Sept and your fearmongering and pointless negativity is exposed as exactly that?

There's no point hanging around a forum for a hobby just to be pessimistic and negative about it, especially when you're not even attempting to be objective.
    Warfraft reforged says hello!This is a perfect exmple how a game which had a final date announced being delayed to the next year.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

If this was a small, indie company - I'd agree with you @FelPlague.

But it isn't - Blizzard is a big corporation. Because of that, Ion isn't allowed to say whatever he wants, like "it won't release in the summer". If he said this, he'd get in a lot of trouble, because it's not his place to decide when to announce stuff. This is handled by Blizzard's marketing department and I'm pretty sure that they would not appreciate the game director tossing a wrench into their marketing plans for Shadowlands.

If there was anything that Ion could say to give us a hint and still get away with it, it was exactly what he said. Anything more would be crossing the line. And that's not me saying that "oh, it's definetely a hint" - it's me saying: "it might be a hint, but who knows".
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-01-14 at 05:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats pretty fucking lame im not gonna lie. I dont absolutely hate bfa, but sl looks lame and i dont want to play it very much

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Warfraft reforged says hello!This is a perfect exmple how a game which had a final date announced being delayed to the next year.
    I mean, you're not wrong, but it's also an extreme outlier.

Newsflash for everyone! If they cant salvage this expansion by making a final patch with satisfactory content then there is little hope for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Thats pretty fucking lame im not gonna lie. I dont absolutely hate bfa, but sl looks lame and i dont want to play it very much
    Because a minor patch would make all the difference?

What was 7.3.5: Destroying the artifacts, the scaling world, and 2 allied races down the line. It really didn't have any substance for Legion honestly, the whole artifact thing barely took an hour, the scaling world and allied races weren't really legion specific.

Account wide essences are not what we need, easier essences is what we need.
    Account wide essences only fixes alts, and just makes it lame.
    easier ones make it easier for new players, returning players, and alts.
    This one, however, I fully agree with.

Looking at what people are saying, I get this impression that "account wide essences" has become some sort of a community catch-phrase that a lot of people repeat without actually giving it any serious thought. Like you said, making essences account wide helps alts, but it does absolutely nothing for new or returning players.

That said... The idea that nerfing essence requirements can be done later via a hotfix - unless that hotfix comes this week, that might not be good enough. If people get deterred from playing 8.3 by "having to" grind for essences, I don't think loosening the requirements later is going to bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    This one, however, I fully agree with.

Looking at what people are saying, I get this impression that "account wide essences" have become some sort of a community catch-phrase that a lot of people repeat without actually giving it any serious thought. Like you said, making essences account wide helps alts, but it does absolutely nothing for new or returning players.

That said... The idea that nerfing essence requirements can be done later via a hotfix - unless that hotfix comes this week, that might not be good enough.
    And starts the ball rolling on asking for more acct. wide this and acct. wide that. They REALLY need to be careful with what is acct. wide, there should still be a separation between what is an alt and what is a main.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because a minor patch would make all the difference?

What was 7.3.5: Destroying the artifacts, the scaling world, and 2 allied races down the line. It really didn't have any substance for Legion honestly, the whole artifact thing barely took an hour, the scaling world and allied races weren't really legion specific.
    Just because 7.3.5 didnt have much doesnt mean 8.3.5 couldnt. Not an argument

Just because 7.3.5 didnt have much doesnt mean 8.3.5 couldnt. Not an argument
    They're minor patches, they're never made to have a lot. If it were to be a major patch it would be 8.4

15+ Year Old Account
    They're minor patches, they're never made to have a lot. If it were to be a major patch it would be 8.4
    And yet earlier .5 were fine. Why are they TOO SMALLLLLLL now?

And yet earlier .5 were fine. Why are they TOO SMALLLLLLL now?
    Because before they were stop gaps, now they'll just eat into dev time for SL.

8.3 is releasing late compared to 7.3, basically at the same time as 7.3.5, it's time to give up on BfA development and move on to greener pastures.

I've honestly never been a fan of .5 patches, seem like wasted time that could be thrown into the larger patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    If this was a small, indie company - I'd agree with you @FelPlague.

But it isn't - Blizzard is a big corporation. Because of that, Ion isn't allowed to say whatever he wants, like "it won't release in the summer". If he said this, he'd get in a lot of trouble, because it's not his place to decide when to announce stuff. This is handled by Blizzard's marketing department and I'm pretty sure that they would not appreciate the game director tossing a wrench into their marketing plans for Shadowlands.

If there was anything that Ion could say to give us a hint and still get away with it, it was exactly what he said. Anything more would be crossing the line. And that's not me saying that "oh, it's definetely a hint" - it's me saying: "it might be a hint, but who knows".
    Ion is literally the game director, in the past they have said exactly that, just random stuff...
    by your point you say he woudnt be allowed to say.. which he didnt, he literally said, we will let you know later in the year. but i highly reccomend greece its great.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Because before they were stop gaps, now they'll just eat into dev time for SL.

8.3 is releasing late compared to 7.3, basically at the same time as 7.3.5, it's time to give up on BfA development and move on to greener pastures.

I've honestly never been a fan of .5 patches, seem like wasted time that could be thrown into the larger patch.
    I would rather they make bfa better because that is the expansion we're currently playing. Also sl might not be greener pastures considering its the same team again.

I blame China on this one

I would rather they make bfa better because that is the expansion we're currently playing. Also sl might not be greener pastures considering its the same team again.
    They are making BfA better, with 8.3, but there's only so much you can polish a turd.

No TF/WF, a cap on the AP grind, no more stupid faction war, sign me up for SL, the unpruning is just the cherry on top