Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Okidoki, no skin off my nose. I will play 8.3 as long as I feel like, and then I will do other things. Plenty of games out there, people stuck in content drought s are choosing it themselves.

If 8.3 lasts me 4 months, it will be a short break between this endpatch and the prepatch Indeed.
    These long patches murder guilds and raids. When people are trying to keep them afloat and feel like Blizzard abandon them they are reasonably upset.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    These long patches murder guilds and raids. When people are trying to keep them afloat and feel like Blizzard abandon them they are reasonably upset.
    There has always been content droughts, always will be. If MoP didn't prove a disaster with its 14 months of drought, BfA won't either.

This one might end up being one of the shorter in any case. If guilds can't stick through it, others will form.

AHAHAHAHA surprise surprise, no 8.3.5. I find this quite hilarious honestly, but it's expected. Shadowlands needs so much work to be released this year that this is really no surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    They've been shooting for August expansion releases, which means July prepatch.

6 months isn't really a drought
    Shadowlands will never launch in August / Q3 this time, they moved the deadline to the end of the year which basically means it comes exactly then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    This is in the store:
    *World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020

They are obligated to launch by then.

Legion and BfA had that exact same message, both which came out in August.
    Legion and BfA had a deadline set in September, Shadowlands has in December. Guess what this means - Shadowlands will be here most likely in November, but the latest date is December.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

nO wAy! BlIzZaRd HaS pAtChEs PrEpLaNnEd AnD wOrKeD oN FOR MONTHS AND YEARS AHEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    nO wAy! BlIzZaRd HaS pAtChEs PrEpLaNnEd AnD wOrKeD oN FOR MONTHS AND YEARS AHEAD!
    With a usual content drought of 10 months between expansions I doubt their planning has any effect.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7.3 wasn't enough content to last 10-11 months, and that had 3 new open-world zones! 8.3 is just a bunch of daily quests in old content and a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    With a usual content drought of 10 months between expansions I doubt their planning has any effect.
    Im not talking about the effect. But there were bits and pieces in the files that were flagged for patch 8.3.5. How 8.2 felt unfinished and chopped. Etc.

Also between 7.3.5 and 8.0.1 there was "only" 6 months. We did get the scaling world in 7.3.5. 8.3.5 would have been the best to do the levelsquish and let people level up alts till shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    8.3.5 would have been the best to do the levelsquish and let people level up alts till shadowlands.
    Oh hell no, with how bad the stat squishes have played out and the ilvl squish played out that shit is going to need months and months of testing, it's going to be SO bad when alpha first launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Oh hell no, with how bad the stat squishes have played out and the ilvl squish played out that shit is going to need months and months of testing, it's going to be SO bad when alpha first launches.
    It will be buggy, but this hypothetical 8.3.5 would have been around the June/July timeframe, well after everybody completely exhausted 8.3.0 content anyway. So there wouldn't be anyone left playing to care, and the patch would bring people back with faster leveling and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It will be buggy, but this hypothetical 8.3.5 would have been around the June/July timeframe, well after everybody completely exhausted 8.3.0 content anyway. So there wouldn't be anyone left playing to care, and the patch would bring people back with faster leveling and such.
    And the expansion will bring people back for prepatch, it's ok to take a break from the game for awhile. Good MMO companies know this.

Don't rush an even buggier mess of the Level squish just for a month or two of subs.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    I will remind you of my words when shadowlands will be available in march 2021.
    rofl, obviously they are already working on it and have been so for a while. I would out my bets on a November release the latest.. 2020.

Ehhh.. Honestly 8.3 right now is a buggy mess and there isn't much to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yea... I'm a bit confused about how this patch being the final patch of BFA fits into the whole..... Sylvanas planning on attacking Stormwind thing that was clearly stated in the novel 10 times, or the devs themselves coming out and saying that the giant canon in Azshara goblin area will be fired before the end of this xpac...

Is this another WoD situation where we're just supposed to forget those things were said and done? O-o

Every patch since 6.2 (besides Argus) was shit.

Getting Shadowlands out asap is in the best interest of the game, since Blizz can only do base expac patches right.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And the expansion will bring people back for prepatch, it's ok to take a break from the game for awhile. Good MMO companies know this.
    Yeah, I'm sure Bobby Kotick is happy to have people stop paying him money. What does Bobby care about money? He's a man of the people, trying to do the right thing.

C'mon, man. Get real. They're running a business here, they want us to stay subscribed.

Yeah, I'm sure Bobby Kotick is happy to have people stop paying him money. What does Bobby care about money? He's a man of the people, trying to do the right thing.

C'mon, man. Get real. They're running a business here, they want us to stay subscribed.
    And yet time and again they (and other MMOs looking at you FFXIV) have basically told players to take damn breaks. Go play other games, stop no lifing. Difference is that when FFXIV devs said it their community reacted with "That makes sense." while this community acted as a bunch of petulent babies crying about how Blizzard can't make it possible to no life games and have unlimited content.

Great. Can you link to where Blizzard said they were fine if people unsubscribed?

10+ Year Old Account
    No worries, but April or May, they'll release another mount tied to a 6 month sub to deceptively keep those numbers somewhat stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    No worries, but April or May, they'll release another mount tied to a 6 month sub to deceptively keep those numbers somewhat stable.
    Those mounts aren't "tied" to a 6 month sub, they're just free if you happen to purchase a six month sub, which many people do sub in 6 month periods.

They're available separately too if you don't care about paying for just the mount. And, no, there won't be one in April or May, if there is another one it will be June or July at the end of this 6 months.

Great. Can you link to where Blizzard said they were fine if people unsubscribed?
    Not releasing a patch for almost 1 years means....they feel fine about it...i guess?