Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    There are SO many good games coming out, in just a few weeks we'll have cyberpunk, another ori game, FF7:R amongst others, just unsub until shadowlands if you get bored of 8.3 it's not a big deal there is no mini 8.3.5 patch that wouldn't add much anyways, people would still be crying about what is on it.
    If i could i would. Unfortunately, i got a 6 month subscription as present. And blizzard is not customer friendly enough to allow me to pause it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This might be the funniest comment I've ever read on mmo-champion.

On topic: Did anyone honestly think there was going to be an 8.3.5 patch?
    Well, kind of, we had a 7.3.5 so there was a 50/50 on a 8.3.5, though nothing major.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    If i could i would. Unfortunately, i got a 6 month subscription as present. And blizzard is not customer friendly enough to allow me to pause it.
    I can't think of any company that will allow you to pause an already paid for sub.

Hulu and the like let you pause, but only starting after the period you paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This might be the funniest comment I've ever read on mmo-champion.

On topic: Did anyone honestly think there was going to be an 8.3.5 patch?
    There was a 7.3.5 and it introduced our first four allied races.

5+ Year Old Account
    So does this mean they'll finish off the rest of the heritage armor sets in SL?
    Kupo.

Huh.

I kind of felt like there was a missing piece of storytelling between what we know now and the SL cinematic but I guess not?

As for the people threatening to unsub because of the lack of another content patch: LOL. The same fucking people would be threatening to unsub if there was an 8.3.5 because it would assuredly push back SL's release date. You can't win with this shitty fucking community.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That's probably why there's no need for 8.3.5. We're not draining the neck, there's no expansion thing to introduce like the allied races, there's not really any need for it.

I mean, the only comparable thing Shadowlands has is DKs for allied races/pandas and we're already getting that with 8.3. Considering BfA's reception, it makes total sense that they'd skip 8.3.5 and shift the work towards Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Huh.

I kind of felt like there was a missing piece of storytelling between what we know now and the SL cinematic but I guess not?

As for the people threatening to unsub because of the lack of another content patch: LOL. The same fucking people would be threatening to unsub if there was an 8.3.5 because it would assuredly push back SL's release date. You can't win with this shitty fucking community.
    The only winning move is to not be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    So we will have a year long content drought, with no new open world content.

Well done, Ion. Well done.

How many will be still playing before the 9.0 prepatch launches? 100.000?

If you ask me, i believe Ion doses not really care. As long he has his Nyalotha raid.
    Fun fact: he's not even good at that.

His shaman is 8/8M EP, but parses green. Elitist Jerks hardcarries him.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

You can't win with this shitty fucking community.
    Oh you can. Just create a funny game. And not one that entirely works based on skinner boxes and other psychological tricks.

Huh.

I just wish people would realize it's like... ok to unsub if you get bored. Hell, the lead from a certain other game actively encourages people to unsub and play other games if they get bored and come back when something interests them.

Rip my hope of one last set of BfA Allied Races that I might actually enjoy.
    What!? You mean you aren't excited for playable rats or junker trash piles?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I just wish people would realize it's like... ok to unsub if you get bored. Hell, the lead from a certain other game actively encourages people to unsub and play other games if they get bored and come back when something interests them.
    How does the lead of XIV actively encourage people to not play his game if they're bored and get praised for it?

I mean, December as a tentative release month vs September should have painted that anyway.
    Dont you remember legion AND BfA also had december releases when they were announced? Then once we got closer we got a real date. The reason for the "December 31, 2020" release date is they can not legally presell something without a target time.

And before you say that "Warcraft 3 reforged got delayed a month" warcraft 3 reforged is NOT blizzards flagship game. They will do almost anything to get shadowlands out on time

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    How does the lead of XIV actively encourage people to not play his game if they're bored and get praised for it?
    He's flat out said before that if you find yourself bored it's ok to unsub and come back with a patch, that mmo's are cyclical and patch based, it's just a different culture.

They realize they can't create infinite content and accept that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    Dont you remember legion AND BfA also had december releases when they were announced? Then once we got closer we got a real date. The reason for the "December 31, 2020" release date is they can not legally presell something without a target time.

And before you say that "Warcraft 3 reforged got delayed a month" warcraft 3 reforged is NOT blizzards flagship game. They will do almost anything to get shadowlands out on time
    No, they both were "On or before September 20"

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Fun fact: he's not even good at that.

His shaman is 8/8M EP, but parses green. Elitist Jerks hardcarries him.
    I do not believe he still plays that character. It is more likely his char everyone knows about is not being upgraded by playing, but more likely by database updates.

He's flat out said before that if you find yourself bored it's ok to unsub and come back with a patch, that mmo's are cyclical and patch based, it's just a different culture.

They realize they can't create infinite content and accept that.
    Lol, yup, if a western dev said that they'd get spit-roasted. Different cultures indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The only winning move is to not be a part of it.
    At one point this forum presented opportunities to have passionate discussions about what Blizzard was doing well versus what could be improved. There were whiners then just as there were now but it has seemingly reached critical mass lately in that nearly every fucking topic is the same regurgitated "DAE Blizz sux" followed by a chain of replies with people giving each other empty platitudes and reassurances that Blizzard really is an evil company hellbent on maximum customer dissatisfaction. It's really frustrating because even a slightly positive prerogative is immediately met with people calling you a paid shill.

At one point this forum presented opportunities to have passionate discussions about what Blizzard was doing well versus what could be improved. There were whiners then just as there were now but it has seemingly reached critical mass lately in that nearly every fucking topic is the same regurgitated "DAE Blizz sux" followed by a chain of replies with people giving each other empty platitudes and reassurances that Blizzard really is an evil company hellbent on maximum customer dissatisfaction. It's really frustrating because even a slightly positive prerogative is immediately met with people calling you a paid shill.
    It's a sign of unhappy times for western consumers that feel powerless. It's understandable but also a complete shit environment for discussing western videogames.

It's okay to unsub but it's not okay (imo) to use your intention to unsub to openly admonish Blizzard for failing to adhere to whatever arbitrary level of service you feel is necessary to keep you subbed.