Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I have no idea. I'm sure it'll be thoroughly tested during the beta anyway.
    Doesn't always work, squishes were "tested" on the beta, but it still broke a ton of shit both times. The randomly 1 shotting mobs from the first squish were pretty funny though.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    Well, i wonder how they want to make Shadowlands available until end 2020 with a long beta phase still coming up. I mean, isnt blizzard keen on incorporating feedback from the beta phase? As, you know, like in BFA, when they listened to the playerbase complaining about the class changes?
    And here i thought Blizzard didn't care about player feedback.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Doesn't always work, squishes were "tested" on the beta, but it still broke a ton of shit both times. The randomly 1 shotting mobs from the first squish were pretty funny though.
    Yeah, fair enough lol, but in that case I'd feel they would mess it up if they added it early to live or PTR as well.

i see Ion's hate for alts continues as well.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah, fair enough lol, but in that case I'd feel they would mess it up if they added it early to live or PTR as well.
    early to live means more time to fix before launch :P

I'm really surprised that they're not wrapping up the Champions of Azeroth storyline in a minipatch. You'd think we'd get something after 8.3 to deal with the giant sword stabbing the planet, before we're diving into the Shadowlands.

I mean, did we save Azeroth, or not? This expansion wasn't just about fighting each other, Sylvanas and N'Zoth.

Maybe...it's cause they have something great planned..like the greatly anticipated AR mobile title? *you know..similar to PokeGo, WU, MIB..etc*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I'm really surprised that they're not wrapping up the Champions of Azeroth storyline in a minipatch. You'd think we'd get something after 8.3 to deal with the giant sword stabbing the planet, before we're diving into the Shadowlands.

I mean, did we save Azeroth, or not? This expansion wasn't just about fighting each other, Sylvanas and N'Zoth.
    No, no. We gotta move on. Hurry, hurry, hurry. To the next expansion! Let's forget BfA ever happened! Come on, please, players!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    All that said, I'm not giving Blizzard a free pass. They've certainly made mistakes and BfA will certainly not be remembered positively in retrospect. The issue I have with the constant negativity is that it really does make legitimate feedback harder for the developers to react to. If all they ever hear from the community is some variation of "you suck," you can't blame them for not wanting to "listen."
    This is what I'm talking about though. We gave legitimate feedback. It was wholeheartedly ignored. Players once again ended up being right. How many times must we repeat this cycle?

At Blizzcon they got on stage and once again said "we hear you" in regards to alt friendliness. They claimed they will focus on making Shadowlands more alt friendly. They did this whilst 8.3 was in early PTR.

You cannot tell me that they couldn't have done one of the following below to at least let us enjoy the last patch. Especially with the news that 8.3.5 most likely isn't happening. What they are doing in 8.3 is in direct contradiction with what they claim their new philosophy is.

• Account wide Essences.
    • Removal of all time-gating in regards to Essences. Let players grind them out on their own time.
    • Essence vendor for corrupted mementos.
    Last edited by DemonDays; 2020-01-14 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

Maybe it will be covered in 8.3, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    And here i thought Blizzard didn't care about player feedback.
    Right, they did not. And they will not again.

7+ Year Old Account
    So we will have a year long content drought, with no new open world content.

Well done, Ion. Well done.

How many will be still playing before the 9.0 prepatch launches? 100.000?

If you ask me, i believe Ion doses not really care. As long he has his Nyalotha raid.
    1. year long? no, Shadowlands is not releasing in 2021
    2. no new open world content? what are you talking about?
    3. lol remember when people said there would be only 100,000 people playing during wod when it had its 14 month content drought?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Asif the attention wasn't already on Shadowlands to begin with.

But fine, prepare for another drought.
    So be prepared for something that has literally happened with every expansion ever.
    welcome to wow.

- - - Updated - - -

I will remind you of my words when shadowlands will be available in march 2021.
    Yeah thats not happening, and while i would love to do a "i told you so"come shadowlands launch.
    i garuntee this is a burner account, so that wont work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by talmar View Post
    I could totally be reading way too much into the following statement but it does make me think Shadowlands will be a Q4 release.
    i mean he literally just says "we will have more info later, but greece is amazing" (it is really amazing...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    We already have leaks saying it is delayed. Smart people do research before they put their money where their mouth is.
    "We have leaks saying its delayed"
    Yes those are so credible, also what leaks, mind showing me them? cause no credible leaks have come out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. year long? no, Shadowlands is not releasing in 2021
    Says who? The people who brought us Warcraft 3 at 31st december 2019?

2. no new open world content? what are you talking about?
    A new region like Argus.

3. lol remember when people said there would be only 100,000 people playing during wod when it had its 14 month content drought?
    And it was a million, right? People should unsub once they have no content left. Means.. every 2 months until a new patch.

the experience of playing bfa is like being poisoned and feeling your organs slowly shut down one by one except your annoying cousin is also talking to you on web forums telling you that its actually fine and you felt worse than this last summer when you burned your finger on the stovetop
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    /laughs in WotLK which released a few tournament dailies as the only world content added the entire expansion. And final patch lasting > 1 year.
    people seem to forget expansions liek wotlk and cata, even vanilla added 0 new zones, while others like wod, tbc, and legion only added 1, and expansions like mop added 2, sorta like BFA added 2.

A LARGE amount of releases on time or "early" vs 1 game in the last 15+ years one month delayed.

Which one is the pattern and which one is the outlier

7+ Year Old Account

A new region like Argus.

And it was a million, right? People should unsub once they have no content left. Means.. every 2 months until a new patch.
    1. says them, and i guess you know better then them right? also especially since idk if yiou know this... but the people who make wow... arnjt the same people who make warcraft reforged...

2. or like what was wotlk's last area? What was cataclysm last area? Oh yeah didnt have em. BFA already got 2 zones in its last patch, that is just as much as legion added post.

3. a million? no, we didnt know, but it was well over a million atleast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    the experience of playing bfa is like being poisoned and feeling your organs slowly shut down one by one except your annoying cousin is also talking to you on web forums telling you that its actually fine and you felt worse than this last summer when you burned your finger on the stovetop
    Except your cousin is telling you that you dont have to drink that, and that tons of other people arnt getting poisoned, so it might be your just allergic to it, but instead of stop drinking you just keep drinking.

"Dude other people are fine, your just allergice"
    "NO IM NOT ITS POISONIOUS" *Keeps drinking*
    "DUDE STOP DRINKING IT IF IT HURTS YOU!"
    "But then i cant complain that its hurting me!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Fun fact: he's not even good at that.

His shaman is 8/8M EP, but parses green. Elitist Jerks hardcarries him.
    Surprise, he used to be really good at the game, but once a game becomes your job, you dont really give as much to it.

he gets paid to work on the game, not play it, so when he gets home after a long day of working and getting told by fans to kill himself, last thing he wants to do is log onto wow and grind for a few hours.

i get that feeling sometime, and i get maybe a millionth of the bad comments he does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I just wish people would realize it's like... ok to unsub if you get bored. Hell, the lead from a certain other game actively encourages people to unsub and play other games if they get bored and come back when something interests them.
    blizzard does that too, they have made it very clear "We understand people get bored of our game after a few weeks or months and leave, then return, its part of the cycle of a cyclical game and audience like ours."

were they met with praise for understanding their audience? no they were told to fuck of cause "its your fault we are cyclical, if you made actual good content we would never need to stop playing!"

- - - Updated - - -

Easy solution for blizzard: Create a compelling gameplay experience. Up to then it is very easy to use the negativity for getting an agenda going. And to make a small fire even bigger.

I for one love to be an arsonist. In special if the fire hits a billion dollar company with strong ties to china and its totalitarist leaders.
    Show me a game, any game, that is PVE focused, that has you playing 8 hours a day, every day for 15 years, without getting boring.
    do it, show me.

/laughs in WotLK which released a few tournament dailies as the only world content added the entire expansion. And final patch lasting > 1 year.
    Ok, well I'm playing BfA, not WotLK, or TBC, or Classic. Things are supposed to move forward, not backward.

That patch also launched with THREE new dungeons and an alt friendly gearing and progression system. The key here is alt friendliness, something 8.3 has nothing of.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    How are you not able to take a step back and realize why it has become this way?

Blizzards repeated failures and mistakes whilst simultaneously completely ignoring all player feedback is the reason we have arrived here. Couple that with some very shoddy business decisions like the Hong Kong incident and contributing zero dollars to the Arena tournaments. I mean really, you can't claim Blizzard didn't contribute to us arriving here.
    I mean your right on the tournoment thing, they shoulda made it more clear.
    but the hong kong thing is literally 100% the internets fault, it had nothing to do with HK, it had to do with a political messege being forced on their viewers, something they have never allowed.
    It had nothing to do with china, and that was even more confirmed when they gave him back his winnings, and apologized TWICE, even at blizzcon, something china would NEVER allow.
    then EVEN MORE CONFIRMED when they allowed and encourged people to protest at blizzcon, including the kid yelling free hong kong on mic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    That patch also launched with THREE new dungeons and an alt friendly gearing and progression system. The key here is alt friendliness, something 8.3 has nothing of.
    "Has nothing of"
    You mean like massive amounts of AK
    New catchup gear
    and easier to obtain azerite essences, 3 of them earned in only about 2 hours.
    also being able to skip questlines you have already done.
    yeah alt freindliness.

lets look back at wotlk and its alt friendliness, mind explaining what wotlk 3.3.5 added for gearing alts?
    Having to do dungeons every day for weeks to buy a few pieces of tier gear?
    Rerun old raids to get gear?
    Hmm sounds familiar.
    Anything else?

i love wotlk, best expansion imo
    but alt freindly? you make me laugh.