Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Corruption nerfs: exploit early, exploit often

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ncoming/434708

Blizzard had announced a suite of significant nerfs to the popular corruption effects.

All the effort that players have spent cleansing strong corruption effects have been for nothing. While those people who are early to the party are once again rewarded for their efforts, at the expense of everyone else.

Situations like this would not occur if garbage rental systems like Corruption didn't exist.

Yeah! Fuck the devs for trying to balance their game question mark?

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Yeah! Fuck the devs for trying to balance their game question mark?
    That was what the 6 months between patch 8.2 and 8.3 was for.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to MMOs, been like that since the beginning. Those who get the items when they are powerful have an advantage over those who come in after the balancing patches.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    That's what the 6 months between patch 8.2 and 8.3 is for.
    Ah, right. Because Blizzard is notorious for releasing perfectly balanced content.

10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard had announced a suite of significant nerfs to the popular corruption effects.

All the effort that players have spent cleansing strong corruption effects have been for nothing. While those people who are early to the party are once again rewarded for their efforts, at the expense of everyone else.

Situations like this would not occur if garbage rental systems like Corruption didn't exist.
    Living proof that even when Blizzard does what folks want there will always be someone that cries about it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Would you prefer that they let it stay how it was??

Yeah I hate rental gear but dude....it’s done we lost that fight

I'm glad. I'm doing Wqs for 410 gear to get Echoing Void cause it will be stronger than my 460s by a huge margin.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    That was what the 6 months between patch 8.2 and 8.3 was for.
    They can balance stuff that doesn't even exist? Perhaps share that time traveling coding with the rest of the world so you can make trillions and buy Blizzard to fix everything.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    Funny how they aren't saying anything about the worst offender, aka Infinite Stars lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They can balance stuff that doesn't even exist? Perhaps share that time traveling coding with the rest of the world so you can make trillions and buy Blizzard to fix everything.
    It's called the PTR, ya know the thing that they do before going live with a patch?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam6961 View Post
    It's called the PTR, ya know the thing that they do before going live with a patch?
    When has a test realm ever caught 100% of bugs or balance issues? Even the most well tested game will still adjust balance after the fact. The PTR also would be 8.3 and not between 8.2 and 8.3 as the poster I quoted was saying.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Funny how they aren't saying anything about the worst offender, aka Infinite Stars lmao.
    I'm pretty sure they already nerfed that bit but it's still simming high. Gushing wounds is up there as well.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

15+ Year Old Account
    I have seen people say it isn't a big issue because it loses power on multi-target fights and can be dispelled for PvP. It might still find nerfs but isn't as big as the others currently.

Would you have preferred them not nerfing overpowered corruption effects?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

i'm no balancing genius nor do i expect perfect balance, but i'm pretty sure even i could have made a spreadsheet that would have seen this ginormous discrepancy between effects coming.

really no excuse for blizzard who no doubt have automated programs to test these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Would you have preferred them not nerfing overpowered corruption effects?
    Funny how Infinite Stars didn't get nerfed.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Funny how Infinite Stars didn't get nerfed.
    It did and it loses a lot if its' power in multiple target scenarios. Also, it's not something that's absurdly strong on tanks, who can also completely ignore Thing from Beyond and stack even more EV.

You just complain for the sake of complaining, right?
    Still prefer corruption over boring ilvl increase.

Because Infinite Stars got nerfed a number of times already and is only amazing on pure single target? Echoing Void, Gushing Wounds, etc are worse as they're useful for every situation.