Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    What!? You mean you aren't excited for playable rats or junker trash piles?!?
    Amputee diaper gnomes wouldn't have been my pick for final allied race of BfA, no.

Shock and awe.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's really frustrating because even a slightly positive prerogative is immediately met with people calling you a paid shill.
    Easy solution for blizzard: Create a compelling gameplay experience. Up to then it is very easy to use the negativity for getting an agenda going. And to make a small fire even bigger.

I for one love to be an arsonist. In special if the fire hits a billion dollar company with strong ties to china and its totalitarist leaders.
    Last edited by shaggawoolin; 2020-01-13 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Lol, yup, if a western dev said that they'd get spit-roasted. Different cultures indeed.
    Some day, maybe, the western companies will release if you force people to play things just because (infinite grinds, fomo, etc) you end up just burning them out and instead of having someone who unsubs and comes back when new content is released, you just lose that person entirely.

Every company is in there for a profit, but I swear US companies just have to have their profit NOW and a period of downturn isn't worth a bigger upturn.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That's probably why there's no need for 8.3.5. We're not draining the neck, there's no expansion thing to introduce like the allied races, there's not really any need for it.
    I mean, there's plenty of use in establishing a post-N'Zoth world, though.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    If i could i would. Unfortunately, i got a 6 month subscription as present. And blizzard is not customer friendly enough to allow me to pause it.
    Well i hope you get alpha/beta access!

It's okay to unsub but it's not okay (imo) to use your intention to unsub to openly admonish Blizzard for failing to adhere to whatever arbitrary level of service you feel is necessary to keep you subbed.
    Right, threatening to unsub is a weak ass argument honestly... most of them come back.

At one point this forum presented opportunities to have passionate discussions about what Blizzard was doing well versus what could be improved. There were whiners then just as there were now but it has seemingly reached critical mass lately in that nearly every fucking topic is the same regurgitated "DAE Blizz sux" followed by a chain of replies with people giving each other empty platitudes and reassurances that Blizzard really is an evil company hellbent on maximum customer dissatisfaction. It's really frustrating because even a slightly positive prerogative is immediately met with people calling you a paid shill.
    How are you not able to take a step back and realize why it has become this way?

Blizzards repeated failures and mistakes whilst simultaneously completely ignoring all player feedback is the reason we have arrived here. Couple that with some very shoddy business decisions like the Hong Kong incident and contributing zero dollars to the Arena tournaments. I mean really, you can't claim Blizzard didn't contribute to us arriving here.

No, they both were "On or before September 20"
    not with prepurchase. release date on both got updated when the closed beta started iirc

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

At one point this forum presented opportunities to have passionate discussions about what Blizzard was doing well versus what could be improved. There were whiners then just as there were now but it has seemingly reached critical mass lately in that nearly every fucking topic is the same regurgitated "DAE Blizz sux" followed by a chain of replies with people giving each other empty platitudes and reassurances that Blizzard really is an evil company hellbent on maximum customer dissatisfaction. It's really frustrating because even a slightly positive prerogative is immediately met with people calling you a paid shill.
    That or a lot of people do bring up a lot of good criticism, but it's overwhelming for you because there are fewer people formulating counterarguments alongside you.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    not with prepurchase. release date on both got updated when the closed beta started iirc
    the first date ever announced on both was september, I prepurchased both first day it was available.

And I will remind you to eat them when that silliness is proven wrong.
    why would it be silly?we have had 13 and 14 months of end of expansion patches....its completly posible that shadowlands hits 2021

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    How are you not able to take a step back and realize why it has become this way?

Blizzards repeated failures and mistakes whilst simultaneously completely ignoring all player feedback is the reason we have arrived here. Couple that with some very shoddy business decisions like the Hong Kong incident and contributing zero dollars to the Arena tournaments. I mean really, you can't claim Blizzard didn't contribute to us arriving here.
    Nobody is questioning WHY it's like this, but simply stating the fact that the community is absolutely terrible for discussing the game.

We get it. BFA is bad, Blizz is shitty. Some people still want to talk about the game. It is really shitty that I feel like I have to go cold turkey on WoW forums and discussion boards to have fun with the game but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    why would it be silly?we have had 13 and 14 months of end of expansion patches....its completly posible that shadowlands hits 2021
    not when they've already said 2020, the chances of that happening are less then winning the lottery while getting struck by lightning. I have seen nothing that points to a delay honestly.

In the last 15-20 years they have delayed one game, by a month, and that games team is tiny.

Not a bad thing. Just take a long hiatus from games and start living life my dudes. Get out and hike, volunteer, work on your physical strength, and pursue Christ. Time to be men my dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Well i hope you get alpha/beta access!
    Oh yeah i hope as well.

What Blizzard needs? This, in order of importance.

1. Split from Activision, letting Activision keep Overwatch (it's shit anyway)

2. Fire Ion Hazzikostas, J. Allen Brack step down and leave / self-terminate.

3. Make a new IP franchise and put serious thought into the ending days of World of Warcraft. Develop some background for a new, modern generation MMO RPG and start theory-testing and doing focus groups for new franchise lore.

4. Reallocate the entire Overwatch, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm teams to future projects.

5. Develop Diablo 4 & Starcraft 3, free of Activision's grip.

Why Blizzard needs to do these things? Because it's stagnating and burning itself to the point of unstoppable decline. Either they do something or Blizzard becomes a hollow front for money laundering like the rest of Activision.

How Blizzard can do these things? They can't and won't as they are now, so it will take a concerted effort from customers putting financial pressure on them for change and from real influence from the gaming community / media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Lol, yup, if a western dev said that they'd get spit-roasted. Different cultures indeed.
    It's implied by the way they design the game though. Easy to unsubscribe, easy to come back in again for a month or so, you get a boosted character every expansion and generous catch-up requirements for patches. It's almost as if they know and understand that people come and go and want to make it easy for them to return.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by talmar View Post
    Question: Horrific Visions remind us of Torghast from Shadowlands in the way it has been described, but only a few rewards have been introduced on the PTR so far. Are more rewards planned for release, even in a hypothetical 8.3.5?

Ion: First of all, just to get it out of the way, we currently don’t have any 8.3.5 plans — there may be some small systems tweaks or updates for stability between now and Shadowlands, but Visions of N’Zoth is really the concluding chapter of Battle for Azeroth, and we’re excited to focus our attention on Shadowlands and the upcoming beta for Shadowlands that’ll be opening up over the course of the year.

https://www.millenium.us.org/guide/10782.html
    Maybe he does have plans..just doesn't want to say?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's implied by the way they design the game though. Easy to unsubscribe, easy to come back in again for a month or so, you get a boosted character every expansion and generous catch-up requirements for patches. It's almost as if they know and understand that people come and go and want to make it easy for them to return.
    Nothign wrong with unsubbing from a game during a long drought. Many have done it, i've done it. Gaming breaks are good.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    We already have leaks saying it is delayed. Smart people do research before they put their money where their mouth is.
    >smart people do research

>using unverified leaks by randos on the internet

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Maybe he does have plans..just doesn't want to say?
    Well, i wonder how they want to make Shadowlands available until end 2020 with a long beta phase still coming up. I mean, isnt blizzard keen on incorporating feedback from the beta phase? As, you know, like in BFA, when they listened to the playerbase complaining about the class changes?