Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

I on Hazzikostas - there will be NO 8.3.5

Question: Horrific Visions remind us of Torghast from Shadowlands in the way it has been described, but only a few rewards have been introduced on the PTR so far. Are more rewards planned for release, even in a hypothetical 8.3.5?

Ion: First of all, just to get it out of the way, we currently don’t have any 8.3.5 plans — there may be some small systems tweaks or updates for stability between now and Shadowlands, but Visions of N’Zoth is really the concluding chapter of Battle for Azeroth, and we’re excited to focus our attention on Shadowlands and the upcoming beta for Shadowlands that’ll be opening up over the course of the year.

https://www.millenium.us.org/guide/10782.html

So we will have a year long content drought, with no new open world content.

Well done, Ion. Well done.

How many will be still playing before the 9.0 prepatch launches? 100.000?

If you ask me, i believe Ion doses not really care. As long he has his Nyalotha raid.
    Last edited by shaggawoolin; 2020-01-13 at 11:06 PM.

Okidoki, no skin off my nose. I will play 8.3 as long as I feel like, and then I will do other things. Plenty of games out there, people stuck in content drought s are choosing it themselves.

If 8.3 lasts me 4 months, it will be a short break between this endpatch and the prepatch Indeed.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-01-13 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asif the attention wasn't already on Shadowlands to begin with.

But fine, prepare for another drought.

They're definitely writing off BFA now. It does suck for the next 10 months, but it only means great things for Shadowlands. Blizz wrote off WoD to make Legion better

10+ Year Old Account
    If Shadowlands arrives in August-September, that's 7 or 8 months of 8.3 - whether or not that's acceptable depends on how fun the 8.3 stuff is over the long haul.

Though, I suppose this puts the lid on any extra allied races, at least for this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post

If you ask me, i believe Ion doses not really care. As long he has his Nyalotha raid.
    They've been shooting for August expansion releases, which means July prepatch.

6 months isn't really a drought

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If Shadowlands arrives in August-September, that's 7 or 8 months of 8.3 - whether or not that's acceptable depends on how fun the 8.3 stuff is over the long haul.

Though, I suppose this puts the lid on any extra allied races, at least for this expansion.
    At earliest, Shadowlands is October. When they put up "release by" date, it's their more friendly way of stating the quarter they're aiming for. Legion/BFA had "by September 21 release" aka Q3. Shadowlands is "by December 31 release". Q4 is October to December.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    They've been shooting for August expansion releases, which means July prepatch.

6 months isn't really a drought
    I will remind you of my words when shadowlands will be available in march 2021.

Year long? Last I checked there's less than a year before the end of the year and I figure they're probably trying to get it in before Blizzcon since talking about the same thing again would probably look lame.

Rats are thigmophilic. This means they feel safer moving around close to a wall. The boundary protects them from attack on that side. This could explain why a rodent like Ion prefers to put such a narrow funnel in the game.

they also like chewing on low voltage wires for the electric buzz it gives their brain, like a small high

Ion craves the abuse from the fans
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I will remind you of my words when shadowlands will be available in march 2021.
    And I will remind you to eat them when that silliness is proven wrong.

seems like a good idea

Welcome to WoW. For new players as yourself, there is always a content drought for about a year between the last patch and the new expansion. As a new player you should concentrate on making friends and\or joining a guild. This could make your experience in WoW a lot better. Especially concerning your unfounded fears of subscriber count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I could totally be reading way too much into the following statement but it does make me think Shadowlands will be a Q4 release.

Last question — the heat always reminds me of Teldrassil, so I’d like to book a Greek cruise for mid-July. However, as the last two expansions have arrived at the end of summer, I’m questioning that call. What’s your advice?

Ion - I mean, I’ve heard Greece is lovely in the summer! Growing up we’d go visit family there often, I recommend it highly.

Certainly, with regard to releasing Shadowlands, we’ll have a lot more information there later in the year, as we get into Beta — but I really can’t recommend Greece highly enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And I will remind you to eat them when that silliness is proven wrong.
    We already have leaks saying it is delayed. Smart people do research before they put their money where their mouth is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account

a year? are you one of those folks that thinks that Shadowlands isn't coming until 2021?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by talmar View Post
    I could totally be reading way too much into the following statement but it does make me think Shadowlands will be a Q4 release.
    I mean, December as a tentative release month vs September should have painted that anyway.

Nice, Blizzard must not like money. I can unsub until Shadowlands after I've finished doing what I want to do in 8.3, assuming I even care to re-sub for Shadowlands. Between no new class and no new races, I'm not going to stay subbed to an expansion for 2-3 years just to wander around the Underworld, do a Kael'thas quest line and then play around with my character's skin colors and hairstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    We already have leaks saying it is delayed. Smart people do research before they put their money where their mouth is.

We've had leaks saying many things, leaks mean nothing.