Thread: Old Tank Creed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Let the pet die, eventually the hunter will get tired of reviving it, and either switch pets or switch off growl. Trust me, i even do this to my wife when we run dungeons. I give her a single comment "turn off growl" then its a dead doggo.
    These days sadly the blueberries just don't die so eventually the damn thing will taunt, take aggro and the boss will whirl around, cleave some melee, frontal cone from ranged, and of course it's my fault. Hate blueberries.
    Remember, never look over the long term story and try to piece together what Blizzard planned, only take singular moments out of context and blow them way out of proportion. We can argue better that way.

Every time I try to look at the story as Blizzard are presenting it I'm either called a shill or a fanfiction writer. - Powerogue 2019

Quote Originally Posted by brighthammer View Post
    Years ago, when tanks fought for threat and times were good, there was a creed someone thought up. I can only remember part of it and it's bugging me: "I am their shield... they are my sword." I know there's more, but I can't remember more or where it came from. (I actually got more use out of "If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault, if the healer dies, it's the tank's fault, if the dps die, it's their own damn fault.")

If anyone can point me in the right direction to the rest of this creed from the Golden Age (for me, at least) of tanking, I would really appreciate it.
    That is pretty much all of it. The addendum is if you pull it it's yours have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Lol, your whole answer speaks of adorableness, of how bad you actually must be at the game, that you somehow at the last 15 years of this game, you have people actually overaggroing you.

Sure, i lose threat too on a skittish week for 2 seconds from a world ranking DPS warrior friend once every 5 packs when he goes all out on a M+, but 5 mobs to 5 different people?

God it must be a completely different game if you are utterly bad, at least its probably fun for you.
    You must be retarded, but yes when someone else pulls and I am not actively paying, everyone gets aggro, ie heal aggro, all the dps dropping their AOE etc, it is annoying to pick up. If I was ready to pull, I would. Situation like initiating a pull, establishing good threat, then tabbing rq, or getting a drink, giving the GF attention she craves (something you know nothing about surely).

Obviously in serious M+ these distractions aren't an issue, you're in there to focus and get it done. But during levelling, or random heroics, events, timewalking etc when shit doesn't matter but everyone is the most hardcore motherfucker around, gotta smash that dungeon yeah. Its annoying. Im sorry you can't wrap your little brain around the fact that everyone has an individual life, and style of playing, as well as we all don't live for video games such as you, having nothing better going on in our life. But good try. For most it's just a bit of entertainment (and I promise when I nolifed, and still to this day, I'm a far better at every aspect of this game than you are)

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    It sounds like it was written by a 10 year old.
    I don't know about you but when I was 10 I was picking my nose and flicking it at my sister while contemplating if I could build a fort out of mud in the garden, not writing poetic shit like this.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..