Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I know you weren't replying to me on this part, but:

Does the lore explain how the big bads of each raid are magically alive each week, with new loot every time? Or how mounts pop out of nowhere, not even taking up space in a backpack, or needing to be fed?

There are certain times where the 4th wall of the RPG has to make way for game mechanics, because at the end of the day it's also a game. Account-wide stuff falls under that, IMO, largely because the game is being played by a human being behind the keyboard(Most of the time. Cats and bots don't count). And while it's certainly true that some players enjoy the full investment of time in each and every character they have, I don't think that needs to be enforced for every player.
    Which is why you don't see me making threads about it.

And your example is not bad, but there is a slight difference: Raid bosses living again every week has always been this way. It is baked into the premise of the game. Of the genre, really. Account-wide mounts are a later change, caving in to players - so I accept it works this way but do not find it inherent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats the reason why i refuse to make an alt. Give acc wide shit = more alts or just alt. They bind me to my char not because im trully on it. Im binded to him because in some way i have to. I cant do proper alt so i just stick to one character. Im rerolling main between major patches and expansions but i mostly play one char for a long period of time.
    Last edited by czarek; 2020-01-16 at 12:47 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I earned Pathfinder only on my main. Therefore, by the logic of some folks ITT, only my main should be able to fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

just played about 3 hours of 8.3 just thinking of the grindfest on all my characters I am seriously considering just quitting the damn thing, I just like raids, mythic plus and arenas, sick of flying around for hours looking for crappy rares, single player content is fine to do once but having to repeat ad nauseam with alts kills the game for me
    Last edited by Tamurello; 2020-01-16 at 05:07 PM.

The accountwide essences paradox just got solved!!! We did it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    The accountwide essences paradox just got solved!!! We did it!!!
    You didn't actually cus you're gonna have to grind to get them.

10 bucks says it has a weekly cap

Honestly, BFA is not blizzard's greatest expansion.

Essences and extra customization is something i find interesting, while rng on rng given by corruption is something they did definitely wrong ( even if i appreciated they removed warforged and titanforged ).

The issue here is, imho, that essences enhance the player's gameplay, and because of that should be accessible to every player and any character.
    Instead of creating a token system in order to unlock essences on alts, it would have been wiser to put the essences unlock account bound, eventually increasing their requirements.

They would have then required some sort of stuff ( tokens or whatever ) to be unlocked for the whole account.
    A progression for the account but not for a specific character, which could be achieved through different ways ( casual pvp, rated pvp, m+, raids, world stuff, etc... ).

What I miss is the possibility to just log in in order to dedicate myself to the content I like, knowing that the only thing I have to worry is, eventually, the equipment progression.

I really hope they realize that they can achieve the same results, if not better ( because less players solo farming to unlock stuff would mean more players doing group activities and because of that a reduced queue for may game modes ) by putting account progression instead of character progression, when it comes to gameplay customization ( so rep farming to unlock skins, mounts, recipes, toys, titles, etc... would be always ok ).

Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Honestly, BFA is not blizzard's greatest expansion.
    No shit sherlock

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    You didn't actually cus you're gonna have to grind to get them.

10 bucks says it has a weekly cap
    That'd be very out of character for BfA.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU