Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    That’s silly.

I respect the office too much to give scum like trump respect while he dismantles the office and everything America is supposed to stand for.

Does Kim deserve respect because he is the leader of nk?
    I am glad you have an opinion. As do I. Since they are opinions they are equal. So if mine is silly than well.. yours is too.. sadly.

Kim and Trump are not comparable. You may not like the results of the election. I didn't. But Trump won a legal election in the United States. Deal with it. I have. Instead of crying about it for 3 years so far I have worried more about trying to get someone else elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I am glad you have an opinion. As do I. Since they are opinions they are equal. So if mine is silly than well.. yours is too.. sadly.

Kim and Trump are not comparable. You may not like the results of the election. I didn't. But Trump won a legal election in the United States. Deal with it. I have. Instead of crying about it for 3 years so far I have worried more about trying to get someone else elected.
    No, not all opinions are equal. If one person thinks that 2+2=4, and another thinks 2+2=5, are both those opinions equal?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, not all opinions are equal. If one person thinks that 2+2=4, and another thinks 2+2=5, are both those opinions equal?
    That isn't an opinion. It is fact that 2 + 2 = 4 within our current understanding of mathematics without outside influence. Thinking something is "silly" cannot be logically worked out the same way.

Nice attempt.

I don’t understand why you feel people aren’t allowed to criticize the president and doing so means you should just deal with it and get over it and “he won a legal election” so the fuck what? Does that now demand respect because he won in a broken system?

The opinion that people deserve respect by virtue of their station is stupid and silly. Why? Because simply existing is not a qualifier for respect for people who can think independently. Does a parent deserve respect by virtue of being a parent if they hurt you at every point and do not behave as a parent?

I don’t understand why you feel people aren’t allowed to criticize the president and doing so means you should just deal with it and get over it and “he won a legal election” so the fuck what? Does that now demand respect because he won in a broken system?
    No one said you are not allowed to criticize anyone or anything. I criticize the President. I welcome to you to as well. But being critical of a President does not mean you have to be disrespectful.

Next spin please.

That isn't an opinion. It is fact that 2 + 2 = 4 within our current understanding of mathematics without outside influence. Thinking something is "silly" cannot be logically worked out the same way.

Nice attempt.
    But, that's the thing, people can believe things, and have an opinion on things that are verifiably false. There's people who think the world is flat, that is their opinion. Is their opinion the same as those who believe the world is an oblong spheroid?

There's this push in society to say that opinions cannot be wrong, which is ludicrous. An opinion isn't inherently equal, simply because it is an opinion.

No one said you are not allowed to criticize anyone or anything. I criticize the President. I welcome to you to as well. But being critical of a President does not mean you have to be disrespectful.

Next spin please.
    Why did you ignore the next argument in why respecting people by virtue of station is silly?

Why is being not respectful such a high crime to you? The man says Mexicans are here to rape and kill. Says racist shit, SAYS RAPIST SHIT. but no we must respect the man cozying up to Russia and NK ignoring intelligence and fucking over our allies?

Respect IS EARNED. Through trust firstly typically. The man lies like there is no tomorrow and has a long track record of issues.

Trump foundation

Trump school

Are just the two recent ones. Why the fuck does he deserve respect? Does Bernie madoff deserve respect too because he was super rich and employed people while also ruining the lives of many and stealing their money?
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-01-17 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But, that's the thing, people can believe things, and have an opinion on things that are verifiably false. There's people who think the world is flat, that is their opinion. Is their opinion the same as those who believe the world is an oblong spheroid?

There's this push in society to say that opinions cannot be wrong, which is ludicrous. An opinion isn't inherently equal, simply because it is an opinion.
    Opinions are not wrong. Because opinions are based on fact and are not an argument. They are simply stating what someone thinks. Thinking the world is flat is not a problem. You might be wrong, but thinking it is not wrong but merely the fact that the world is not flat is wrong. The facts of the case might prove to you the world is a sphere but it still doesn't mean the thought of it being flat is wrong.

Which is why all the examples people bring to me are things of people being in denail of facts. Like 2 + 2 = 4 or 5 or world is flat or round. But they cannot really make a case for "what is silly" which is the exact example in question here. Of course, I understand, when you move the case to a different case with different rules on a plan already proven you can make a case. But until you make one that proves "that is silly" is not an equal opinion than its case closed for you. That is what is on trail here.

Also, why are we worried about this and not the subject? Seems odd. Just need someone to attack or what?

Opinions are not wrong. Because opinions are based on fact and are not an argument. They are simply stating what someone thinks. Thinking the world is flat is not a problem. You might be wrong, but thinking it is not wrong but merely the fact that the world is not flat is wrong. The facts of the case might prove to you the world is a sphere but it still doesn't mean the thought of it being flat is wrong.

Which is why all the examples people bring to me are things of people being in denail of facts. Like 2 + 2 = 4 or 5 or world is flat or round. But they cannot really make a case for "what is silly" which is the exact example in question here. Of course, I understand, when you move the case to a different case with different rules on a plan already proven you can make a case. But until you make one that proves "that is silly" is not an equal opinion than its case closed for you. That is what is on trail here.

Also, why are we worried about this and not the subject? Seems odd. Just need someone to attack or what?
    So, you re saying someone is not wrong if they think 2+2=5...

A human can have an opinion that is in denial of facts, that's my entire point. Cognitive dissonance is a very real thing, as is willful ignorance as a whole.

I'm simply questioning your argument that all opinions are equal.

The subject is bullsuit.

Conservatives got mad at a conservative. They attacked harassed and threatened a conservative calling him a liberal and conservative media took off saying liberals are getting angry over this. When it was all a closed conservative circle being overly reactionary to conservatives. This topic title is entirely wrong.

Why did you ignore the next argument in why respecting people by virtue of station is silly?

Why is being not respectful such a high crime to you? The man says Mexicans are here to rape and kill. Says racist shit, SAYS RAPIST SHIT. but no we must respect the man cozying up to Russia and NK ignoring intelligence and fucking over our allies?

Respect IS EARNED. Through trust firstly typically. The man lies like there is no tomorrow and has a long track record of issues.

Trump foundation

Trump school

Are just the two resent ones. Why the fuck does he deserve respect? Does Bernie madoff deserve respect too because he was super rich and employed people while also ruining the lives of many and stealing their money?
    I believe he has said most those things and that they are disrespectful. Because he might be a very disrespectful person doesn't mean I will bow my head and become Trump to oppose Trump. I respect the office he holds. If he extended his hand to shake mine I would accept the offer. He is the President of my nation weather I like it or not. If he wanted to talk to me about the things he has said or done I wouldn't have a problem discussing why he said and did those things. I would let him know that those things were not respectful and in my opinion some of them were unlawful but at the end of the day my power starts and stops with going to the booth and voting. I would gladly tell him where my power starts and stops will be against him. Then after that, stand up, and EXTEND MY HAND AGAIN, as I ask to be excused.

I believe he has said most those things and that they are disrespectful. Because he might be a very disrespectful person doesn't mean I will bow my head and become Trump to oppose Trump. I respect the office he holds. If he extended his hand to shake mine I would accept the offer. He is the President of my nation weather I like it or not. If he wanted to talk to me about the things he has said or done I wouldn't have a problem discussing why he said and did those things. I would let him know that those things were not respectful and in my opinion some of them were unlawful but at the end of the day my power starts and stops with going to the booth and voting. I would gladly tell him where my power starts and stops will be against him. Then after that, stand up, and EXTEND MY HAND AGAIN, as I ask to be excused.
    Wait so not being respectful is to be the same as Trump? Is this like some weird southern or Texas thing where you show hospitality while talking shit behind everyone's back?

This "whether I like it or not" is stupid.

He is the president whether I like it or not. I do not have to bow down and show respect to a man underserving because... "reasons"

You respect the office more than the office holder so you show the office holder respect as though he deserves it? Sounds silly to me.

Oh I wouldn't mind having a conversation with the president, but this idea of "you must shake hands" you "must be respectful" is just... wtf is wrong with some of you people I just don't get it. It is like just waiting for authority to tell you how to behave and... that's just silly.

"you do not deserve respect... why would I treat you as though you do?" What reason have I?

Your reason is "but he's the president"

I'm saying "so what, he is the president, who isn't abusing the office and has no respect for the office he holds and is causing major domestic and foreign issues because of his own greed and hubris."

He is not a president for the people, he is a president for himself. He has no respect for the office.

Oh and if you extended your hand after chances are he wouldn't shake it, have you seen the way he behaves?

This seems to me to be a major cultural discussion with the majority of Northerners taking an egalitarian approach to customs, where you're not better than me just because of a title, and fake pleasantries and dishonesty in treatment is just not as common. Being that is the case, you don't deserve shit because of a title. You have to actually behave and earn respect.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-01-17 at 02:55 PM.

Wait so not being respectful is to be the same as Trump? Is this like some weird southern or Texas thing where you show hospitality while talking shit behind everyone's back?

This "whether I like it or not" is stupid.

He is the president whether I like it or not. I do not have to bow down and show respect to a man underserving because... "reasons"

You respect the office more than the office holder so you show the office holder respect as though he deserves it? Sounds silly to me.

Oh I wouldn't mind having a conversation with the president, but this idea of "you must shake hands" you "must be respectful" is just... wtf is wrong with some of you people I just don't get it. It is like just waiting for authority to tell you how to behave and... that's just silly.

"you do not deserve respect... why would I treat you as though you do?" What reason have I?

Your reason is "but he's the president"

I'm saying "so what, he is the president, who isn't abusing the office and has no respect for the office he holds and is causing major domestic and foreign issues because of his own greed and hubris."

He is not a president for the people, he is a president for himself. He has no respect for the office.

Oh and if you extended your hand after chances are he wouldn't shake it, have you seen the way he behaves?
    I see you are the absolutist type and I can respect that. The problem is, in my opinion (and it is just an opinion) absolutists are going to give Trump 4 more years. Because you spent enough energy coming at me, someone that will vote against Trump, as you should someone that is still on the fence and trying to decide. Wasted energy.

You can continue your ranting if you want. I am pulling out of the "Well I think..." "WAIT A MINUTE YOU ARE ON MY SIDE BUT NOT AS AN ABSOLUTE ON MY SIDE!!! DIE!!!" discussion you seem invested in.

But I would still shake the man's hand if he extended it. He is a fellow American. Just how it is. You disagree and that is ok. I am just not going to waste energy discussing what will not be changed here. Sorry.

I see you are the absolutist type and I can respect that. The problem is, in my opinion (and it is just an opinion) absolutists are going to give Trump 4 more years. Because you spent enough energy coming at me, someone that will vote against Trump, as you should someone that is still on the fence and trying to decide. Wasted energy.

You can continue your ranting if you want. I am pulling out of the "Well I think..." "WAIT A MINUTE YOU ARE ON MY SIDE BUT NOT AS AN ABSOLUTE ON MY SIDE!!! DIE!!!" discussion you seem invested in.

But I would still shake the man's hand if he extended it. He is a fellow American. Just how it is. You disagree and that is ok. I am just not going to waste energy discussing what will not be changed here. Sorry.
    If someone is pushed to vote for Trump by another because they were rude to them, then they're really a weak minded, weak willed person who cannot think for themselves and are easily manipulated.

See this is what I mean this is some Texan/Southern shit.

Northerners take an egalitarian approach to customs, no one is better than anyone because of a title, no one deserves respect because of a title. You earn it or you behave in a respectful fashion, but if you don't behave or earn it... you don't get it. Simple as that.

The president if from fucking New York, so that's how his hometown people would view this entire thing. In the cultural light of northerners.

Your arguments here, the true root is the differing culture between the South and North.

This could have raised from the high concentration of Scandinavians in the north which at the time had a less classist culture than the south.

Generally what I've found is people up here are direct. If they don't like you they will avoid you or... treat you like they don't like you. If they do not respect you, you won't get respect.

Down there, if people don't like you, they will give you honey soaked smiles while calling you Sir and asking about your day, and then calling you an uppity bitch behind your back.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-01-17 at 03:01 PM.

If someone is pushed to vote for Trump by another because they were rude to them, then they're really a weak minded, weak willed person who cannot think for themselves and are easily manipulated.

See this is what I mean this is some Texan/Southern shit.

Northerners take an egalitarian approach to customs, no one is better than anyone because of a title, no one deserves respect because of a title. You earn it or you behave in a respectful fashion, but if you don't behave or earn it... you don't get it. Simple as that.

The president if from fucking New York, so that's how his hometown people would view this entire thing. In the cultural light of northerners.

Your arguments here, the true root is the differing culture between the South and North.

This could have raised from the high concentration of Scandinavians in the north which at the time had a less classist culture than the south.

Generally what I've found is people up here are direct. If they don't like you they will avoid you or... treat you like they don't like you. If they do not respect you, you won't get respect.

Down there, if people don't like you, they will give you honey soaked smiles while calling you Sir and asking about your day, and then calling you an uppity bitch behind your back.
    I will leave this final though for you. I do live in Texas now at age 41. But I lived in California until I was 31 where I grew up and went to school at. I mean this really isn't a culture war thing against the south you are trying to make it out to be.

Now I will just block you because it is obvious you are just agenda andy here.

I will leave this final though for you. I do live in Texas now at age 41. But I lived in California until I was 31 where I grew up and went to school at. I mean this really isn't a culture war thing against the south you are trying to make it out to be.

Now I will just block you because it is obvious you are just agenda andy here.
    Apparently this guy wants to block me because he doesn't know about southern hospitality and the differing between north and south culture... bless your heart.

This guys stance is stereotypical of that region, but nope it must be I'm trying to start a culture war... because merely acknowledging that there are differing cultures that affects one's viewpoint in America is wrong. What foolery is this?
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-01-17 at 03:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Conservatives get mad at conservatives on social media.

Conservatives say it's liberals getting mad for no reason on social media.

OP creates thread under the above false premise, attracting conservative posters to comment about how dumb and hateful liberals are.

10+ pages ensue.

Where are the mods?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Where are the mods?
    Treating the politics forum like a dumpster and moving this GenOT trash here instead of locking it.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Treating the politics forum like a dumpster and moving this GenOT trash here instead of locking it.
    Hey now. Dumpster fires keep hobos warm in winter.

Why do threads like this not get locked? It's just using random ass people on Twitter to try to bash one political party. It's clearly trolling.