Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So did obama. But it's ok if a Democrat does it right?
    Stalin did bad things so Hitler was OK. Piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Oh look the other side of the spectrum found something new to get offended over. Let it snow!
    More like conservatives projecting using some random twitter troll everyone knows Vaughn is a Trump supporter. Besides is he still relevant? not being sarcastic but I can't remember the last movie he did not that I was ever into his type of comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulipmantra View Post
    Stalin did bad things so Hitler was OK. Piss off.
    So now we're comparing the murdering of tens of millions of innocents to the attempted following of the country's laws.

Gotta love strawmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Meh not really a fair comparison though Obama got a lot of flack for it, the difference is Trump changed the laws to do that on purpose. Jeff Sessions even did a roll out as part of their new tough on immigration policies.

I guess he pre-empted anyone trying to ruin his career over this by strangling it in its sleep a decade or so ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

People being outraged for outrageous reasons? Color me surprised....
    Error 404 - Signature not found

It wasn't, there were plenty of protests.

That however is not why Trump is persona non grata, that's item #746. And for the record:

But immigration experts told us last year that family separations under Trump’s most recent predecessors did not occur on the same scale as they did under Trump.

“Bush and Obama did not have policies that resulted in the mass separation of parents and children like we’re seeing under the current administration,” Sarah Pierce, a policy analyst with the Migration Policy Institute, told us for an article published last June.

She said child separations under previous administrations were done in “really limited circumstances” such as suspicion of trafficking or other fraud.

We also interviewed Theresa Cardinal Brown, director of immigration and cross-border policy at the Bipartisan Policy Center, who made a similar point.

She and her co-author, Tim O’Shea, wrote a piece for the Bipartisan Policy Center that explained why families were being separated at the border under Trump.

“Previous administrations used family detention facilities, allowing the whole family to stay together while awaiting their deportation case in immigration court, or alternatives to detention, which required families to be tracked but released from custody to await their court date,” Brown and O’Shea wrote. “Some children may have been separated from the adults they entered with, in cases where the family relationship could not be established, child trafficking was suspected, or there were not sufficient family detention facilities available. … However, the zero-tolerance policy is the first time that a policy resulting in separation is being applied across the board.”
    https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/mo...paration-spin/

Child separation was an exception, not the norm in previous administrations (and they all faced criticism for it, and for border control policies in general). The Trump Administration made it effective standard practice with Jeff Sessions' "zero tolerance policy". It is very different in magnitude.

You've had this explained to you many times before, you persist with these distortions of the truth because you are dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Only way Trump is shaking my hand is if I get the chance to take a big dump on it beforehand
    why would you want to shake a feces filled hand? Seems like an odd fetish...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I'm not talking about trump. I'm talking about people here and on reddit screaming those words at every chance they get. I've lost count at how many times I've been called alt-right or right wing here. When I ask for them to pony up proof. They bitch out. All because I'm not devoting myself to screaming orange man bad. I have no love for trump. My posting history should make that Clear.
    You said it meant nothing anymore, he provided you with an example of one.

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    there are many sites picking up this story now, but it seems a large quantity of people have gone into a frenzy about vince Vaughn not only being with donald trump at a football game (or at least just sitting next to him) but also talking to him and shaking his hand.

reading the twitter comments, the attempts at edgy hashtags to "cancel" vince vaughn and just how some news sites are reporting it as if vince Vaughn was caught drowning a picnic basket of puppies is quite frankly, embarrasing.

so here is one of the Tweets that spawned it all:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...14083192229890

why is it so easy to become so enraged at somebody for simply talking with and/or shaking one's hand? i understand the polarizing divide donald trump has caused in American society, and i also understand that's a different topic altogether, but is it really justified to absolutely hate on somebody for this specifically?

my thoughts: regardless of Vince vaughn's political leanings, Donald trump is still the current president of the country VV resides in so why not sit down, talk with and shake the president's hand?

here is just one of example of somebody taking it to the extreme:

https://twitter.com/SirajAHashmi/status/1216930115969519616

(Ladies & gentlemen, I regret to inform you Vince Vaughn is CANCELED)

https://twitter.com/PalmerReport/sta...34185425948673
    (Vince Vaughn had the chance to stand up to a rapist, traitor, and child murderer, and instead he enthusiastically shook Donald Trump’s hand. Fuck em both.)

i don't expect anybody else to take time to scroll thru the comments/replies of some of these Tweets, but if you do, it really is amazing to see some of the things said coming from both sides.

are we doomed?
    Well, first, the people screaming for him to be cancelled or wishing him harm are idiots. Not left, not right, just idiots. Second, it really depends on what he said. Maybe he told the president he's an idiot, should resign and that he doesn't support him. I'd applaud that. If he does endorse this president, than I wouldn't want to have anything to do with Vince (not that I'll ever be in the position to meet him, but you get the point). That's personal preference and perfectly fine for everyone to decide for themselves. I don't see why it's a problem for people to dislike someone who likes the president.

The problem with the world today is that people actually take twitter (internet) comments, from people that might as well be robots, seriously.
    illuminati all over my body

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Did you really turn some fucking twitter comments into a thread?
    I say the same thing when it's not a forum but a news site instead.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/14/enter...rnd/index.html

Vince Vaughn is free to associate with racist trash and shitty human beings. It's a free country.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Most people are imbeciles. Twitter is just a way for them to demonstrate it.

https://www.vox.com/2020/1/14/210652...x-news-outrage

The morning after a clip of actor Vince Vaughn having a brief, amicable conversation with President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump in a private box at the national championship college football game in New Orleans went viral, Fox News went to desperate lengths to make it seem as though Democrats are mad about it.

The problem, however, is that there isn’t much evidence anyone aside from right-wingers is actually mad.

In fact, Fox News’s article about how Vaughn supposedly “faces liberal outrage after he was seen with Trump during national championship game” prominently features a tweet from Washington Examiner staffer Siraj Hashmi, who is hardly a liberal, sarcastically quipping that “Ladies & gentlemen, I regret to inform you Vince Vaughn is CANCELED” — but the tweet is presented in David Aaro’s article as though Hashmi is a liberal who meant it earnestly.

Hashmi later noted on Twitter that the Fox News article caused right-wing trolls to flood his Instagram page with abusive comments. And the few other examples of “liberal outrage” in the piece were gleaned from the far fringes of Twitter. (Fox News still hasn’t figured out that Hashmi isn’t actually liberal as of Tuesday afternoon — his tweet was falsely cited as an example of “liberal cancel culture” on Outnumbered.)

The clip of the conversation between Trump and Vaughn — a libertarian who supported Rand Paul’s presidential bid — was originally posted to Twitter by former Deadspin staffer Timothy Burke, who wrote, “I’m very sorry to have to share this video with you. All of it, every part of it.”

The irony is that in trying to portray liberals as irrational and “triggered,” Fox News accidentally illustrated the extent to which that entire discourse is projection. In trying to own the libs, they owned themselves.
    So completely manufactured outrage by right wing mad at another right winger they thought was left. Then they say it is liberal outrage. When it was right wing outrage at a right winger because they thought he was a liberal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I truly do not understand the hate against Donal Trump. He's probably the most liberal republican that has avoided any wars in his first term. What do these people want? I don't understand. The economy is doing great. We got better trade deals ... we avoided wars without surrendering to the enemy's demands (anyone can avoid war by simply submitting to our enemy's demand). Yes you can point out a lot of stuff that you don't like ... but that was the case for every president although none got the hate he is getting now. I understand if you don't like him or don't support him or his policies ... that's 100% fine but this cult of hatred toward him and his supporters who are often bullied or beat up if they dare wear a Trump hat is just insane.
    victim card declined
    /s

I truly do not understand the hate against Donal Trump. He's probably the most liberal republican that has avoided any wars in his first term. What do these people want? I don't understand. The economy is doing great. We got better trade deals ... we avoided wars without surrendering to the enemy's demands (anyone can avoid war by simply submitting to our enemy's demand). Yes you can point out a lot of stuff that you don't like ... but that was the case for every president although none got the hate he is getting now. I understand if you don't like him or don't support him or his policies ... that's 100% fine but this cult of hatred toward him and his supporters who are often bullied or beat up if they dare wear a Trump hat is just insane.
    He's a racist, sexist piece of shit who has been accused of sexual assault by more than a dozen people.

That alone should be sufficient.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-01-15 at 11:59 PM.

Accused is not a guilty verdict.
    Yup, accused by a lot of people. Considering how many times he's lied, and the fact that he bragged about being a fucking peeping Tom, and sexually assaulting women... I'm going to believe the women. Considering he got caught refusing to rent to people, because they were black, I'd say the evidence is pretty damn strong.

Of course, if you don't understand why people hate racists, sexists, and sexual assaulters... there's probably not much I can do to help you.

Also, this is not a court of law.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say the majority of the people on social media sites, at least the loud ones, are liberal democrats (who are all on the emotional bandwagon they all seem to be riding) so any time Trump is seen in a more positive light you'll always have your liberal lynch mob coming out with their anti-Trump insults and their old, worn out "orange manbaby" jokes. So it's no wonder this kind of stuff happens. Hell they even got upset at Ellen who is seen as like one of their SJW goddesses for hanging out with a republican, George Bush.

The left thinks they're the good guys for hating on Trump so hard but in reality they're making themselves look just as bad as the fanatics on the right that they oh so hate. They fight racism with more racism, sexism with more sexism, and hate with more hate. They think they're the new revolutionary generation that's going to change our country but they're really just making it much worse.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Exactly, ... so not really something we should worry about when it comes what people accuse him of. I know a president who did abuse women, his name was Bill Clinton. And another who had a lot of accusations (but not a lot of hate) was Joe Biden. I think you should not take these accusations seriously .. I'm pretty sure he refused some white people as well when it comes to rent. You should always give people the benefit of the doubt, politics is nothing but trying to make up dirt about your political enemy and sadly people tend to eat it up when it's someone they don't like.
    Of course it is, some people find such behavior for to be utterly repugnant.

The irony of you then turning around, and declaring that Bill Clinton did abuse women, after whining about peoe being accused of it. Did you even read that nonsense before you clicked?

Trump specifically refused to rent to people, BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK. If you can find evidence that he also refused to rent to people, because they are white, then let's see it. If you can't, then you are just disingenuously deflecting for racism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...160_story.html

https://www.nytimes.com/times-inside...mid=tw-nytimes

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...s-in-city.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I would say the majority of the people on social media sites, at least the loud ones, are liberal democrats (who are all on the emotional bandwagon they all seem to be riding) so any time Trump is seen in a more positive light you'll always have your liberal lynch mob coming out with their anti-Trump insults and their old, worn out "orange manbaby" jokes. So it's no wonder this kind of stuff happens. Hell they even got upset at Ellen who is seen as like one of their SJW goddesses for hanging out with a republican, George Bush.

The left thinks they're the good guys for hating on Trump so hard but in reality they're making themselves look just as bad as the fanatics on the right that they oh so hate. They fight racism with more racism, sexism with more sexism, and hate with more hate. They think they're the new revolutionary generation that's going to change our country but they're really just making it much worse.
    Maybe people should oppose Trump for being a racist piece of shit, just a thought.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-01-16 at 02:37 AM.