Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Two posts up.
    It proves nothing.

The very fact that Velen didn't recognized him is far more conclusive of the fact that Rakeesh isn't is real name.

After all, he is the sole echo of a child we saw as an adult. Blizzard being lazy gave him the name we knew him by.

But the whole Exodar invasion does not make sense if Velen knows who Rakeesh is.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Yeah, yeah. I thin that is more for gameplay reasons than anything. Since they never say what his original name was. I wouldn't put too much stock into that.
    Well its another example of "Blizzard fucking up because they cant see consequences of their writing". They could have easily named him XXXXX with title "Velens son" or something, but instead we have this comical fuckup that made Velen name his son "butcher".

Didn't see that until after I replied, but that said are you always this abrasive? Because that kind of response makes me more want to say "go fuck yourself" than give you any more of my time.
    Sorry but people ignoring the second post while triggering notifications for the older one made me slightly peeved.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This was the position *before* we learned about Argus and its effect on demonic resurrection - how it intersects with Archimonde, if it does at all, is an unknown. If you think it's conclusive then that's fine - I don't. But again, it's pretty much up in the air either way, and as stated they could reverse course at any time even if it is concluded he's definitely dead.
    What?? Demons resurrect in the nether since before sargeras turned evil, argus just made the process faster, it has nothing to do with what happened with archimonde.

And is not in the air, stop twisting things, is not a matter of opinion, is a settled argument because we have the word of a dev.

You always do the same thing, twist things to try to fit your narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I never said i had a source I thought I've heard it in a interview or something....my god I'm not about to slog thought that must shit to find that lol!

- - - Updated - - -

With that in mind could we say that if he is alive he may either end up freeing Sargeras or try to take Sargeras's spot as the leader of the burning legion? That would be really interesting either way I think.
    He is not alive, read again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Sorry but people ignoring the second post while triggering notifications for the older one made me slightly peeved.
    Sorry. I wasn't ignoring it. I had started my reply before ever seeing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    What?? Demons resurrect in the nether since before sargeras turned evil, argus just made the process faster, it has nothing to do with what happened with archimonde.

And is not in the air, stop twisting things, is not a matter of opinion, is a settled argument because we have the word of a dev.

- - - Updated - - -

He is not alive, read again.
    I said if.....blizz been known retcon and con shit at the drop of a hat......just look what what they did with Chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I said if.....blizz been known retcon and con shit at the drop of a hat......just look what what they did with Chronicles.
    Blizzard retcon things but saying "oh they could just retcon it in the future" is not valid because is a generic statement, you can say that about pretty much anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard retcon things but saying "oh they could just retcon it in the future" is not valid because is a generic statement, you can say that about pretty much anything.
    It is valid. They have done it before. They will probably do it again to something, maybe they will leave it alone ( I hope they leave it alone) maybe they won't.

And it's not JUST that, but every fucking one of them reads like a god damn dissertation.
    They are much shorter than they use to, and would you prefer I not post? Or only do things that you approve of? Relax, if you like the lore, the hope is you enjoy the writing, it costs me to spend time writing it too you know, sometimes I type so quickly and in such haste I've spent too long writing and can't bear to spend the time to properly spell check. Makes me look like I don't know English properly, but for me it's a time constraint issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

The word of dev, which literally says: "we're not sure about this, we could change it any time." This isn't my narrative - it's not even a narrative, it's me saying "it's not conclusive, because the devs themselves said it could change - meaning there's a good chance it likely will change because why else mention it?"

There's nothing to even twist here. Do you have some kind of issue with me personally I should know of?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The word of dev, which literally says: "we're not sure about this, we could change it any time." This isn't my narrative - it's not even a narrative, it's me saying "it's not conclusive, because the devs themselves said it could change - meaning there's a good chance it likely will change because why else mention it?"

There's nothing to even twist here. Do you have some kind of issue with me personally I should know of?
    no, it says "it may or may not change in the future but right now he is dead". And present is all that matters.

To be honest, you annoy me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    no, it says "it may or may not change in the future but right now he is dead". And present is all that matters.

To be honest, you annoy me.
    No, he's actually saying that's the idea they were "playing with," as in it wasn't even finalized then, and isn't now (as he says it may not be canon half a dozen times in the same paragraph). He also says it's not conveyed in-game, which is probably why it's not canon. I think you've assumed an objective statement where the developer is more or less at pains to establish there isn't one. It's pretty much as open as you can get.

You're welcome to your opinion, I suppose. We'll know for sure if they ever opt to dig Archimonde up from the proverbial cooler.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

... Considering it's their story to tell, yes, I found it "believable".

But I also don't believe it's been defeated. I am glad they didn't devote an entire expansion to Argus, for sure. Was so tired of demons and fel green at the end of Legion.

No, he's actually saying that's the idea they were "playing with," as in it wasn't even finalized then, and isn't now (as he says it may not be canon half a dozen times in the same paragraph). He also says it's not conveyed in-game, which is probably why it's not canon. I think you've assumed an objective statement where the developer is more or less at pains to establish there isn't one. It's pretty much as open as you can get.

You're welcome to your opinion, I suppose. We'll know for sure if they ever opt to dig Archimonde up from the proverbial cooler.
    when he says "playing with", he is referring to a time before they created that boss fight and when he says "is not conveyed in-game" he is refering that the game doesnt clearly show what happened, which is true, this thread proves it, but he is dead, thats what the dev said.

The Legion isn't 100% defeated. The Burning Crusade has ended but there are still countless demons out there. So while the war is over, the soldiers are still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Sure, I just didn't understand anything when they pulled Sargeras out of clound surrounding Azeroth or wtf happened.
    The cloud was gathering throughout the raid if you looked up. While we were focused on Argus, the two-way portal was spewing hundreds of Legion ships and a slow drip of Sargeras's essence through it, smothering the planet. Judging by the cutscene, he was about 3/4 formed when the titans pulled him off the planet.

So yeah, Azeroth was a little busy while we were gone.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I mean.i believed it after 7.3 showed us how little control the Legion has over Argus. Turns out just not as scary as we thought