Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lmao who plays wow on a macbook

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Its called DEFAULT settings. If they change the 3D API they have to make sure that people are able to start the game. But yes, it might be that blizzard checks on your hardware and makes a global change just to punish you.
    It's a conspiracy! I've know for years that Blizz takes a personal interest in me!
    *rages*

Its gonna take 30-45 min for me then.. Not that it matters since I won't be home until noon, so I will just start the download when I wake up and let it run while I am away.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Jesus. Now I'm wishing I would've turn on my PC to start the download before I went to work. That's alright I'll just play my PS4 in the meantime.
    Lol 6-7 Gb should not take more than 10-15 min to download :b

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's cute, I remember a time when that would have been unbearable.

7+ Year Old Account
    downloaded the patch faster than servers being online

Nearing the end of the current patch Classic released, it took Chase and Luke from me immediately even though I have never enjoyed leveling, the very thought of spending all that effort only to try and do content I've done before, frankly it revolted me.

It was draining at first, I tried hard to hold on to retail raiding while seeing my close friends, some who've I known or raided with for 10 years slip into the Classic wave. Name your cliche, retail was boring, too hard, love got in the way of a friendship.... It all happened at once. I decided to be the better friend, I created a Mage on Classic, my first character was a mage I deleted at level 47 to start a Priest. That priest still lives on to this day although it wasn't my main on retail anymore, no I played a resto Shaman on retail now, maybe that was my problem. Priest would have been better but Craig thought I wouldn't be able to play Disc as well as the people who already played it.

My work life changed at this point to, I was suddenly able, blessed, cursed, I suppose that is a perspective thing. I could work from home most days, or at the very worst I could have WoW running almost all day long. Classic became a pass time, still not a passion. Still I was there, why not prove them all wrong, and with luck I was able to reach 60 at basically the same time as everyone else. My mage is now doing very well thanks.

So what then? BWL vs 8.3....

God a person could go crazy thinking about this. Classic brought Mumbles, Capthotpants himself back into my life. What a situation, made me take a good look at myself in the mirror when he disclosed he quit wow the first time because I hurt him. Sat him during progression because he wanted to take a bathroom break. Years passed and I never knew, crazy, truly mind boggling to understand how WoW social interactions can stay with you for years.

So here we are, Tuesday, patch day, no time to spare... Dive in, or dip my toe, I'm just not sure.

My assumptions are 8.3 will be here for a very long time. 2021 maybe? There is a lot to do, find a home to raid, that is profoundly hard when you need a home that will take a group of players. 4 maybe 5, all good raiders, but that is nearly 20% of the core. How can I expect a group to take us in, worse what kind of group would take 4 players?! They will probably be very bad at the game, and that will make Chase quit.

So if Chase is going to quit anyways, why bother planning for him? Luke, he'll quit to... Pitpit and Mason already went to established guilds, they'd rather progress alone then struggle with friends... Maybe they have it right?

So where to go? Alliance? I've always wanted to go back Alliance. Mythic +? Can these horrific visions actually keep 3 people occupied better then islands?

7.07Gb's to change my life for the next year...

I hope I choose right, thanks for listening MMO-Team.....
    Dan

Actual data downloaded is about 3.1 GB.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Umm, idk about you all, but I interpreted it more like "there's only 7 gb between us and new content" (in a positive way, that is the new patch is almost there), and not complaining that its too big...

so what? i dl that in less than 5 min

Actual space increase was closer to 4-5 GB.

Doesn't mean that there is a lot of content.

Why so long server down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes, 7gb?! How will i ever download tha.... and im done.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Lol the people celebrating the patch is here and talking about what they'll do while the patch downloads.. and then the aspies roll in confused at what the OP means.

I hope you all enjoy this patch. Let me know if it's good. I want to come back and enjoy this game again.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people also fail to realize when you download let's say 10 gigs of data for patches and stuff, usually only 4 gigs of it actually adds to your game size. The other 6 is data that replaces data already on your PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Why so long server down?
    Welcome to every patch ever. Back in my day every single Tuesday had a 1 hour server down to do matinence. EVERY TUESDAY.

IT WAS THE WORST when you were home sick and your like. "Fuck it's Tuesday. Why couldn't I get sick on like... Wensday."
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

you really look for something to whine any time don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I think a lot of people also fail to realize when you download let's say 10 gigs of data for patches and stuff, usually only 4 gigs of it actually adds to your game size. The other 6 is data that replaces data already on your PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to every patch ever. Back in my day every single Tuesday had a 1 hour server down to do matinence. EVERY TUESDAY.

IT WAS THE WORST when you were home sick and your like. "Fuck it's Tuesday. Why couldn't I get sick on like... Wensday."
    1 hour every tuesday? hell back in vanilla you were lucky if you didn't get an 8 hour maintenance every tuesday.

We've come a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    ??

this took 6mins lmao
    Took a while on my satellite connection but it was way faster than usual so they might have something going.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Looking at this thread, how is it possible that people complain? That downloads in a few minutes, you can't wait that long? I mean, I doubt even the whiners here actually have bad internet, like, it doesn't exist anymore in 2020.