Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    i'm on a 128gb macbook
    fuck this shit i'm out
    It’s not necessarily ADDED (although wow is already like 50-60gb so...)

A solid portion is probably edits and changes to files that are being replaced
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I hate you. I get 25 mbs (which is almost always 15-20 mbs) for probably around the same price.
    You need better interwebs! Do you live somewhere remote or do they just not offer good internet where you are?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    took less than 10 minutes for me. you promised a wild ride OP and failed to deliver. how dare you, I want to speak to your manager!

Quote Originally Posted by mrlachyg View Post
    took less than 10 minutes for me. You promised a wild ride op and failed to deliver. How dare you, i want to speak to your manager!
    karen. I wish to speak with you.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I thought the initial client was a bit bigger than that, Blizz has just worked some crazy compression magic to keep it relatively small.
    I remember it being 20-25GB or so. Probably because it was mopaq format instead of the much more efficient structure they use now.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post

My assumptions are 8.3 will be here for a very long time. 2021 maybe?

Dan
    not for that long, probably 9 months

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    How I don't miss the days of Dial-up! I didn't get broadband till end of MoP...
    I remember starting my DLs (During WotLK) before I left for work, just to see them finish by the time I got home in the Evening. I don't miss those days either. xD

thanks for heads up, but was expected really.

Are servers down for another 3 hours? holy shit.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What the fuck? How were you playing before?
    I have Factorio, Offworld Trading Company, Europa Universalis 4, Fallout: New Vegas, FFXIV, and WoW installed on my 256 GB laptop, so it's not crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I remember it being 20-25GB or so. Probably because it was mopaq format instead of the much more efficient structure they use now.
    That's what I thought, didn't it swell to like 60-65gb in Wrath before they changed the format? I'm actually still shocked when the entire Vanilla client is 5gb I believe. It's impressive compression, at least to my more or less uninformed eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I have Factorio, Offworld Trading Company, Europa Universalis 4, Fallout: New Vegas, FFXIV, and WoW installed on my 256 GB laptop, so it's not crazy.
    Laptop or not, it's almost inexcusable to only have 128 GB of space when you can get a 1 TB drive for less than what you'd pay for a nice dinner.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Considering some series in highest quality are downloaded for 21GB, this is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Laptop or not, it's almost inexcusable to only have 128 GB of space when you can get a 1 TB drive for less than what you'd pay for a nice dinner.
    The computer might not be that new. It's a laptop and a mac, so it's really not as simple as just buying a new drive. It probably costs more than the computer is worth to upgrade and they might not be able to afford it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Considering some series in highest quality are downloaded for 21GB, this is nothing.
    It's worth mentioning that CoD 2019 is like 150GB.

If you have the PTR client installed I think it uses that and so there’s virtually no download needed when it goes live. It was all just magically up to date here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading about other people's internet speeds makes me so sad! I'm still on a 2mbit connection.... lol

Takes a lot for the void theme overlay covering up the same shit we've seen before. Just like the copy and paste caves ooo this one's dark!
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    You need better interwebs! Do you live somewhere remote or do they just not offer good internet where you are?
    I don't know if I'd call it remote but its a town of only around 1k people but there is only 2 internet companies here. Wasn't till like 2 years ago that they upgraded me from 10 mbs to 25.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    took less than 10 minutes for me. you promised a wild ride OP and failed to deliver. how dare you, I want to speak to your manager!
    10 mins is more than enough for a wild ride...