Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    No, you're not cynical. Cynical people still argue with logics. You ONLY lash out on stuff you grab onto mid air. That's the difference.
    cynical
    /ˈsɪnɪk(ə)l/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    adjective: cynical

believing that people are motivated purely by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity.
    "he was brutally cynical and hardened to every sob story under the sun"
    doubtful as to whether something will happen or whether it is worthwhile.
    "most residents are cynical about efforts to clean mobsters out of their city"

concerned only with one's own interests and typically disregarding accepted standards in order to achieve them.

Second one does apply.

Down to brass tacks though, I don't think #NoChanges should be in the way of some QoL changes, I really don't. Problem is, Blizz has dug themselves a hole with the stance of the majority vote they held, and sharding hasn't helped.

Blizz, if they keep their word, won't change the Black Lotus problem, to the detriment of players and the in-game economy. If they do, they will recieve flack for going back on their word (again, if you count sharding).

I will admit to a degree of schadenfreude, as it is my opinion that either way the vanilla cake was sliced, a leg was shot in sacrifice. I would have entertained playing it, had it had some improvements, but alas. Majority voted and thought otherwise.

Seems like an entitlement issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Seems like an entitlement issue to me.
    Although a good chunk of the classic community is awesome, there remains and will always remain a subset of the community, a vocal minority, who are NEVER happy, and yes, will request, or more likely demand #changes that suit there personal playstyle. I think it really tarnishes the rest of the community who are enjoying what they asked for, and what they got.

I mean, OP does have a point. People who bring up #Nochanges forget that increasing the amount of players per server was a change to begin with. If black lotus spawns were designed relative to Vanilla player numbers then obviously if that player number is increased 5+ times it creates an issue that didn't exist in Vanilla which breaks #nochanges to begin with.

I believe the theoretical maximum amount of black lotuses that can be farmed per week would be 672. Probably unlikely that number gets reached but already then we see the issue that if every guild were to flask the demand outweighs the supply by a lot whereas in actual Vanilla most servers wouldn't have had 600 people raiding to begin with.

Should Blizzard do something about it? I don't know, as others have pointed out you don't "need" to flask so it's possible to prepare for Naxx and maybe AQ40 beforehand by stocking up. Then again, as OP points out even if it's not "needed" people still do flask for all kind of reasons even now and have done so for weeks so it's hard to tell how much is consumed per week right now and how much is actually stockpiled and ready to use for when it's actually needed.

There will be a small handful of players left anymore when AQ40 and Naxx hits, so it might not be that big of an issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Since this thread started, the black lotus on my server has gone from a 60~g average, to over 100g...

I've found 2 in my life...
    I know a few guildies with over 100...

100% they do. lol
    Maybe on cringe servers like gehennas or faerlina
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yeah just like tanks will need 300FR to tank MC just like back in the day?

I dare say resistances will see little to no play at all ever in Classic, except maybe for a fight or two in Naxx
    AQ40 will be closer difficulty wise than MC was compared to vanilla, AQ40 was patch 1.9 (I think), so many of the buffs we have in 1.12 were already present.

It's easy to get 250+ NR though. You should only need around 200 if you have decent healers, and guilds will probably only use 1 tank.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-01-24 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    AQ40 will be closer difficulty wise than MC was compared to vanilla, AQ40 was patch 1.9 (I think), so many of the buffs we have in 1.12 were already present.

It's easy to get 250+ NR though. You should only need around 200 if you have decent healers, and guilds will probably only use 1 tank.
    Huhu is going to die so quick after 30%. I'm not sure wearing resistance for her will make sense. But we'll see I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Huhu is going to die so quick after 30%. I'm not sure wearing resistance for her will make sense. But we'll see I guess.
    Yeah we'll see, on private servers, my rogue did require around 200-250 NR, can't remember if it was closer to 200 or 250. Private servers did tune the content harder, not sure if they did that for AQ40 or not, but the soakers do take a tonne of damage.

Time will tell, will not be surprised if the top guilds just brute force it with DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    There will be a small handful of players left anymore when AQ40 and Naxx hits, so it might not be that big of an issue.

Classic is dying!!1!!11 omg

15+ Year Old Account
    This image explains this whole "issue".
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

no one truly knows classic wow server populations other than blizzard. but many started using ironforge.pro including popular classic wow streamers use it to cite examples in their pro or negative comments.

all time high
    https://ironforge.pro/servers/?filter=false&server=us

last two weeks
    https://ironforge.pro/servers/?filter=true&server=us

of course there may be increases or further decreases with upcoming raid adds, doubt the all time highs will return

blizzard has no reason to buff a herb spawn, i agree with post #192 image, hilarious

Shouldn't there be a black lotus spawn in diremaul or was that also a pirate server thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post

Classic is dying!!1!!11 omg
    Slow and steady, it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Classic servers have 4x the population of Vanilla (or more).
    No it doesn't.
    Stop pulling numbers out of you ass.

Classic numbers have never been no where near Vanilla, let alone higher.
    And numbers have dwindled since release, day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Vanilla Black Lotus supply doesn't meet Classic demand on modern "medium" and "high" pop servers.

Hopefully Blizzard will implement the Pserver fix with 50+ BL spawn locations and decreased respawn times.
    They won't, as it's not a bug

#NoChanges
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You think you want it, but you don't.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2020-01-31 at 08:25 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No it doesn't.
    Stop pulling numbers out of you ass.

Classic numbers have never been no where near Vanilla, let alone higher.
    And numbers have dwindled since release, day by day.
    Your avatar suits you, he's talking about servers genius.

Classic servers have at least 4 x the population of vanilla servers.

Who tf flasks for MC lmao. Get your head out of your asses no one cares if you clear it in 30 mins.

You can't simultaneously waste limited resource then complain that the resource is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    #NoChanges
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You think you want it, but you don't.
    Yea just ignore all the other changes that have already been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Yeah we'll see, on private servers, my rogue did require around 200-250 NR, can't remember if it was closer to 200 or 250. Private servers did tune the content harder, not sure if they did that for AQ40 or not, but the soakers do take a tonne of damage.

Time will tell, will not be surprised if the top guilds just brute force it with DPS.
    If we compare MC on private server and MC on Classic, it is safe to assume resistance gear will mostly not be needed.
    As a matter of fact, there is currently a bug with resistances not working as intended (tested in PVP - simply put the chance to land works but the damage reduction is wrong). I think it was part of the long bug list that was never adressed by the devs since launch.

Most people don't need fire resist in MC. However, it does help, particularly for the trash packs. Only the main tanks will need 315 fire resist for Rag. Fire resist trivializes his damage pretty thoroughly.