Poll: Is Voided Anduin better than regular Anduin?

Thread: 8.3 Cinematic

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    It's been happening increasingly since start of MoP, telling two similar but not identical stories, realizing later they conflict with the current crap, and declaring one of them canon, hoping that will let them sleaze their way out of their laziness.
    Here's a better idea. How about you have each faction tell half of the story? Like the Alliance tells 1 half? While the Horde tells the other? Ya know? Like they've always done?

Disapointed by the dialogue after the cinematic, giving N'Zoth the creds for a minor sign of anger from Anduin. I really enjoyed the cinematic at first, thinking that

1. Being perfect, young and kinda leading to PEACE at that age went to his head a bit. SOME signs of pride and elitism taking over.
    and
    2. The stress of always fighting, even after just finally reaching peace again, causing some rage.

I find it ridiculous that NORMAL emotions like these are caused by an Old God.... that's all he can do? Is an Old God the only explanation for some reasonable stress and anger? Egh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The point isn't that Anduin in this cutscene is better than our usual Jesus analogue Anduin because he punches people. It's that Anduin expressing anger over someone with this much culpability in so many deaths, acting like nothing has happened, to whom Anduin has a personal relationship humanizes him because it shows him capable of losing his temper and not always being on top of things. A young ruler having a brief lapse but then reappraising his position and still hearing Wrathion out makes him a better character than if he'd greeted it with the same equanimity he meets everything else.
    Even Jesus got angry and turned tables over and shit at the Synagogue. It's hilarious to think someone that is usually calm can't get angry.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Anduin and Wrathion are the chads of BFA, ngl. Jaina was the only other character I could bare...

If ANDUIN AND JAINA are the least insufferable characters of BFA, then you fucked up big time!
    Bwonsamdi is a chad too, I just find they just made him seem 'evil' during the Rastakhan fight. Other than that, he's good

Also, most people like him, except the ones that die in Zandalar too much
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Bwonsamdi is a chad too, I just find they just made him seem 'evil' during the Rastakhan fight. Other than that, he's good

Also, most people like him, except the ones that die in Zandalar too much
    No, he's not a chad.

HE'S A GOD!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously tho, Bwonsamdi is the best fucking character. I love him so much!

Wrathion deserved that punch.

Here's a better idea. How about you have each faction tell half of the story? Like the Alliance tells 1 half? While the Horde tells the other? Ya know? Like they've always done?
    Er, did you think I was defending the new approach or something? The half and half approach took a mortal wound in TBC and died with the Lich King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Er, did you think I was defending the new approach or something? The half and half approach took a mortal wound in TBC and died with the Lich King.
    Well there was a nice one in cata-revamped barrens. Something that actualy showed the conflict as being gray. Propably a fluke though since they tried to repeat it multiple times and failed miserably every time.

What was more directed at Blizzard than it was to you. My bad.

Seriously tho, Bwonsamdi is the best fucking character. I love him so much!
    I'm looking forward to him being a minor dungeon boss.

how long did Anduin survive in the 'Witcher world')
    Ok encrypted model <Broken King of Stormwind> not used, maybe in mystic phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I mean I liked it, but I still like regular struggling young pacifist and idealist Anduin. Every character eventually going evil because magical "corruption" is tiring and lazy.
    He's not a pacifist or idealist. He's a cold blooded moron, full of himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    No. Anduin is not a brute. He is able to maintain his composure and act diplomatically. He would not literally punch a guy to punish him, and indeed this was not really Anduin but the Old God influencing him and making him act in a completely opposite way.
    Composure, maybe. Diplomatically. No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    how long did Anduin survive in the 'Witcher world')
    Ok encrypted model <Broken King of Stormwind> not used, maybe in mystic phase?
    I assumed the data-mined "Broken King of Stormwind" version of Anduin would likely appear in the Horrific Vision of Stormwind, where a corrupted Alleria has basically taken over and subverted the entire city to N'Zoth's control.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I assumed the data-mined "Broken King of Stormwind" version of Anduin would likely appear in the Horrific Vision of Stormwind, where a corrupted Alleria has basically taken over and subverted the entire city to N'Zoth's control.
    it was added to the most recent PTR build and I didn't see him in Horrific Vision of Stormwind.

there are two option
    -blizzard abandoned this idea
    -it will appear in ny'alotha

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    it was added to the most recent PTR build and I didn't see him in Horrific Vision of Stormwind.

there are two option
    -blizzard abandoned this idea
    -it will appear in ny'alotha
    Hard to say, then. I don't recall seeing him in the Waking City raid on the PTR, so it's possible it's an object that just isn't in the game.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Hard to say, then. I don't recall seeing him in the Waking City raid on the PTR, so it's possible it's an object that just isn't in the game.
    mabe exist mythical phase where this model use how vision or ghost. In the epilogue cinematic he was already broken

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    God damn it. I wish I could up-vote this comment.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Only if we don't kill him and he lives. It would be a shame for them to make a dungeon featuring him, only to kill him off

Also I think that other than having him in the Other Side dungeon, they shouldn't have him appear somewhere for a while unless it's necessary because I'm worried he has a higher chance of being killed of is he appears more

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Only if we don't kill him and he lives. It would be a shame for them to make a dungeon featuring him, only to kill him off
    Why, both Horde and Alliance players hate him. Beating him into bloody pulp as he screams would be a massive fanservice.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why, both Horde and Alliance players hate him. Beating him into bloody pulp as he screams would be a massive fanservice.
    Most people who hate him probably die too much and get to listen to his sassy voice lines. I personally don't think he's annoying tbh. Might be because I have a sarcastic sense of humor like him.

Also, Ion referred to him as "our favourite Loa Bwonsamdi!" and said something along the lines of "and how much do we love Bwonsamdi?". So clearly, some people like him. I guess they could also make the dungeon non canon as well