Poll: Is Voided Anduin better than regular Anduin?

Thread: 8.3 Cinematic

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

8.3 Cinematic

For about two minutes I actually liked Anduin. I like how he and Wrathion are done in this one. Then it turns out his burst of humanity was because he was corrupted by Old Gods. Anyway, here's the cinematic:

+

Discuss.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I mean I liked it, but I still like regular struggling young pacifist and idealist Anduin. Every character eventually going evil because magical "corruption" is tiring and lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Man that thumbnail is great. It looks like andy had mexican food for a first time.

Also he punches like a baby.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2020-01-14 at 09:44 PM.

What is the point of this thread if you just want people to answer "Yes"?

No, for me Voided Anduin is not better than normal Anduin because Voided Anduin is just generic brute with anger issues #33.

@Hugnomo @Tenebra the War Criminal

Dude had a perfectly rational reaction to punch the guy who freed Garrosh and so set up the entire sequence of events leading to this point coming home and acting like nothing happened and having actual self-doubt when faced with a freed old god. Especially while struggling at a young age with also getting his fellow leaders to take up his policy proposals. It's also a reversal of their original dynamic - before then it was Anduin who was the white sheep to Wrathion's black, here Wrathion is the one helping Anduin chill out, fittingly given that Anduin was the one who had a major impact on him in the first place in terms of being less of a dick.

As for the poll, I'll let you figure that one out yourself. It's very complex.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    In the future, don't make polls like this - a poll should have cogent options without "gotcha" type answers as in this thread's poll.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    @Hugnomo @Tenebra the War Criminal

Dude had a perfectly rational reaction to punch the guy who freed Garrosh and so set up the entire sequence of events leading to this point coming home and acting like nothing happened and having actual self-doubt when faced with a freed old god. Especially while struggling at a young age with also getting his fellow leaders to take up his policy proposals. It's also a reversal of their original dynamic - before then it was Anduin who was the white sheep to Wrathion's black, here Wrathion is the one helping Anduin chill out, fittingly given that Anduin was the one who had a major impact on him in the first place in terms of being less of a dick.

As for the poll, I'll let you figure that one out yourself. It's very complex.
    No. Anduin is not a brute. He is able to maintain his composure and act diplomatically. He would not literally punch a guy to punish him, and indeed this was not really Anduin but the Old God influencing him and making him act in a completely opposite way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    No. Anduin is not a brute. He is able to maintain his composure and act diplomatically. He would not literally punch a guy to punish him, and indeed this was not really Anduin but the Old God influencing him and making him act in a completely opposite way.
    A regular person would be pissed at Wrathion's role. Especially since Anduin wasn't punching him to punish him, but to take his anger out. Faults make someone human. Punching someone who wronged you in a difficult time and calling him out, then quieting down after you talk to him later and discussing the pertinent state of affairs is all perfectly human. This, like Anduin's uncertainty over in the Legion 7.2 cinematic or the VA sounding like he's telling himself that peace must work during the Alliance epilogue clip in 8.3 are the times he's allowed to be human.

It's shit like this that shows he can actually feel pressure and that he has limits and issues rather than being an implacable god man who can do no wrong. It in turn makes when he does act as benevolent as he usually does actually mean something because it's coming from an actual character instead of a robotic author's mouthpiece.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-01-14 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    That sums N'zoth threat level perfectly - he makes people punch each other and than feel sorry causing awkward social situations.

N'zoth - god of unintended domestic violence.

I feel like Wrathion should have a parrot on his shoulder.

Baine in SW makes me sick. Sylvanas should have executed that trailer asap she had a chance.
    Last edited by kappalol; 2020-01-14 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Anduin isn't really one to let his emotions get the better of him - and his demeanor before Wrathion arrives even displays irritation and shortness of temper, so the tableau is painted that he's not quite himself. That aside Wrathion getting punched in the face by Anduin was deeply satisfying to watch, Old God corruption or not.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    A regular person would be pissed at Wrathion's role. Especially since Anduin wasn't punching him to punish him, but to take his anger out. Faults make someone human. Punching someone who wronged you in a difficult time and calling him out, then quieting down after you talk to him later and discussing the pertinent state of affairs is all perfectly human. This, like Anduin's uncertainty over in the Legion 7.2 cinematic or the VA sounding like he's telling himself that peace must work during the Alliance epilogue clip in 8.3 are the times he's allowed to be human.

It's shit like this that shows he can actually feel pressure and that he has limits and issues rather than being an implacable god man who can do no wrong. It in turn makes when he does act as benevolent as he usually does actually mean something because it's coming from an actual character instead of a robotic author's mouthpiece.
    Punching someone in front of your court and household is not being under pressure and not knowing what to do, it is being a brute and rash villain.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I feel like Wrathion should have a parrot on his shoulder.
    More like an empty bottle of rum.

5+ Year Old Account
    Agree with OP. Wrathion getting slammed in the face was just natural, after all he screwed it up big time when he freed Garrosh and was thus directly responsible for Varian's death. But writers (Golden?) can't help but to show Anduin as a smiling, soft-spoken wuss. A perfectly fine rush of rage is now "old god influence"... pffft. At least the Sha in MoP had more style.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards in game cinematics are getting better I must admit... Also the sexual tension is high here

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Agree with OP. Wrathion getting slammed in the face was just natural, after all he screwed it up big time when he freed Garrosh and was thus directly responsible for Varian's death. But writers (Golden?) can't help to show Anduin as anything but a smiling, soft-spoken wuss. A perfectly fine rush of rage is now "old god influence"... pffft. At least the Sha in MoP had more style.
    Agree I am glad Blizzard acknowledged the fact that he's been AWOL during the Legion invasion when he warned us about it back in MoP. Instead of just shifting it under the rug and pretending it never happened. Even if it was short lived. But i'll take it
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-01-14 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Anduin isn't really one to let his emotions get the better of him - and his demeanor before Wrathion arrives even displays irritation and shortness of temper, so the tableau is painted that he's not quite himself. That aside Wrathion getting punched in the face by Anduin was deeply satisfying to watch, Old God corruption or not.
    Oh, yeah, it is out of character. Regular Anduin would just calmly hear him out and carry on and bring up teh fact that Wrathion fucked everything up for years on end about as often as he brings up the night elf barbecue having more than one cook. That's kind of the problem with the character. Still, those two minutes brought me more enjoyment out of his character than the entirety of his role in BFA and its adjacent material up to this point.

That and Wrathion getting punched is a highlight. Even if I can't tell if Wrathion was glowing because of the Light in the punch or if that was his true form peeking through.

@Tenebra the War Criminal

It's also human. Seeing someone who last you know smugly freed the guy who'd waged war on your people and broke every bone in your body, triggering a chain of events that lead to your dad's death and the loss of countless lives would not make you happy, especially if he pretends nothing happened.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-01-14 at 10:05 PM.

Damn, anduin went from a spineless pacifist to a real man

I think I need to change pants. A good looking wow character, AND likeable? That IS a first
    An'u belore delen'na

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In the future, don't make polls like this - a poll should have cogent options without "gotcha" type answers as in this thread's poll.
    People can always ignore and go to a different thread. It's not like he is doing some heresy in pool theory law. It's just a thread about a cinematic about a game. Chill out. Fun police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion x Anduin shippers have ressurected from the ashes with this video

We even have Baine and Valeera watching, for those that prefer any of those for Anduin to make it even better (We are just missing Bolvar's daughter and we will have the whole gang!)

Note: Well i guess Valeera is with Bron, but i'm not sure if they have more of a couple relationship or a daughter x father relationship