Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are they trying to end at 10.0? Why are they rushing so much?

I don't and will never understand Blizzard's urge to rushing through so many expansion-worthy materials like:

- Faction War
    - Argus
    - Nazjatar
    - Ny'alotha

It's like they forgot about the WORLD in the World of Warcraft but so caught up with this character based(look at Sylvanas' ridiculous arc) plot, that they are just rushing through all the potential worlds for us to explore.

I mean what the fuck are they smoking?

Who is this visionary director that thinks and loves a linear, character focused path in a MMO that's filled with history, culture and worlds to experience?

Now it feels like every expansion, we need another ass-pulled new material shoved it into the lore or we need to jump the ship and bring the story to a whole another planet to go forward.

What a god damn waste of the world in World of Warcraft. I wish 10.0 is truly inspiring and eye opening. But I have little hope.

EDIT:

> Probably the business reasons for quick cash grab is the saddest and the most truthful reason I wish to ignore...

> I'm not trying to say 10.0 absolutely symbolizes the end of the franchise. What I'm saying is that, to me it feels like they're exhausting out the potential lore contents like they are in a rush as if they're trying to end this game.

> Just because we, the player base are not able to think beyond a single theme for the aforementioned zones, does not mean a professional development team who converted "red wasteland = Outland with 7 zones, a blue icy land = Northrend with 10 zones." They are able to flesh out different atmospheres if it's given to them as a job. It's mostly about the questionable direction they're taking, not their capability of creating the world.

Also, if they've decided to work on those zones, Legion and BfA would've either not existed or been very different expansions, why the heck would anyone think nothing would've changed from what we've got in the What-If scenarios?
    Last edited by MatthiasLehner; 2020-01-15 at 05:55 AM.

No one wants to spend an expansion in Nazjatar.
    change can't wait.

If the Lich King couldn't warrant two expansions of material not sure how they could sustain that for N'zoth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    As insane as this sounds, I don't understand Blizzard's urge to rushing through so many expansion-worthy materials like:

- Faction War
    - Argus
    - Nazjatar
    - Ny'alotha
    My personal opinion is that the current dev team (or at least Ion) understands little of the "world" part in World of Warcraft. They rock at instanced content (raids and dungeons), but everything else appears to be just an afterthought - but they are fortunate enough to be carried in that regard by an absolutely beastly art team.

Besides, it isn't like they have a lot of material left to explore, so wasting iconic locations such as Argus or N'yalotha (this I'm especially salty about) is simply mind-boggling. And if the new material from Danuser & co. is going to be the same asspull of BfA Sylvanas + shadowlands... Urgh
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    As insane as this sounds, I don't understand Blizzard's urge to rushing through so many expansion-worthy materials like:

- Faction War
    - Argus
    - Nazjatar
    - Ny'alotha

It's like they forgot about the WORLD in the World of Warcraft but so caught up with this character based(look at Sylvanas' ridiculous arc) plot, that they are just rushing through all the potential worlds for us to explore.

I mean what the fuck are they smoking?

Who is this visionary director that thinks and loves a linear, character focused path in a MMO that's filled with history, culture and worlds to experience?

Now it feels like every expansion, we need another ass-pulled new material shoved it into the lore or we need to jump the ship and bring the story to a whole another planet to go forward.

What a god damn waste of the world in World of Warcraft. I wish 10.0 is truly inspiring and eye opening. But I have little hope.
    Shouldn't we see 9.0 before we start bursting out in tears about 10.0?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    No one wants to spend an expansion in Nazjatar.
    I did. At least, the Nazjatar I had hoped for, not the one we got.

They think by making the patches grand in terms of characters, lore and story, that the patches will feel more exciting.

Announcing Argus as a patch. Big thing. Gets more attention than some elven island they pulled out of nowhere. Azshara. N'zoth. All big names.

The problem is in reality they've just underdelivered on all of these things. Imagining what Argus could be like was better than actually seeing what they came up with. Nazjatar looked like dogcrap. And N'yalotha is just a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I did. At least, the Nazjatar I had hoped for, not the one we got.
    Can you imagine an entire expansion in the Nazjatar we got? I would have clicked the unsub button so hard, it would have broken my mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Can you imagine an entire expansion in the Nazjatar we got? I would have clicked the unsub button so hard, it would have broken my mouse.
    I'd be even more disappointed than what we got, to be honest. At least what we got we're done with after a patch.

It really does amaze me how utterly boring Nazjatar is. Even with the whole parting of the seas thing, they could've gone a lot more interesting than what we got. What a pity.

A full Azshara expansion would not have been just in Nazjatar.

Please click the button and go.

The answer is obvious: Shareholders of their parent company want faster returns on their investment. Blizzard constantly needs to pull out big guns and bells and whistles in the never-ending urge to get those results sooner... rather than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Please click the button and go.
    But then who would trigger the snarky MMO posters?

I personally think a huge part of it is Activision. They want Blizzard making the maximum amount of profits for minimum effort. So Blizzard can't go and make the "World" part since they need to crank out content as fast as possible to keep the higher ups happy.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Man View Post
    You misunderstand - I don't have any issues with an Azshara/naga-themed expansion. But I did not like the Nazjatar that we got at all. It was a bitch to navigate without flight (one of the very few zones I feel that way about), and Blizz just rushed us through the story in days, instead of giving the battle with Azshara the build-up and payoff that it deserved IMO.

I feel like EP should have been a raid about fighting her most powerful minions, building up to a standalone fight with Azshara herself. To just walk in like... 2 weeks? after the patch goes live and drop her with little fanfare just didn't set well with me, and is the first time where I felt genuine/significant disappointment with an 'iconic character' boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Man View Post
    Could you imagine an entire expansion about Aszhara? It would probably involve a dark cult that worships the deep ocean depths, and using its spiritual power over a human nation to keep it weakened and divided while Aszhara pulls the strings in the background enough to open the seas and trap the world's most powerful heroes wielding the power of the Titans into unchaining Aszhara's Old God boss, and using the ensuing chaos to escape the deal she made with the Old God, and be free of that which kept her bound to him.

Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I personally think a huge part of it is Activision. They want Blizzard making the maximum amount of profits for minimum effort. So Blizzard can't go and make the "World" part since they need to crank out content as fast as possible to keep the higher ups happy.
    You say that like players aren't RELENTLESSLY bitching at them about content droughts, gaps between expansions, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Could you imagine an entire expansion about Aszhara? It would probably involve a dark cult that worships the deep ocean depths, and using its spiritual power over a human nation to keep it weakened and divided while Aszhara pulls the strings in the background enough to open the seas and trap the world's most powerful heroes wielding the power of the Titans into unchaining Aszhara's Old God boss, and using the ensuing chaos to escape the deal she made with the Old God, and be free of that which kept her bound to him.

Oh wait.
    Yep, all of this. She definitely had a presence for the majority of BFA, I just wish the battle with Azshara herself had been more epic/built up.

To make money OP, that is all. I hate new patches and spending money on exspansion by now...There is to much shit to do in wow.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

You say that like players aren't RELENTLESSLY bitching at them about content droughts, gaps between expansions, etc.
    It's based on Activisions time table. When they check in with Blizzard they want a certain amount of progress on the next expansion done. All they care about is %s and numbers.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

As if you would ever unsub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post

Oh wait.
    Yeah. Minus the hamfisted war garbage that only detracts from it. B)