Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    If I was in charge of the game, the Horde would be deleted and everyone would be forced to reroll Alliance.
    FUCK THE HORDE!
    And we'd all be dumber for it, in-line with our glorious, horde hating leader. Back to the stone age we go!

help me out, what did wrathion do to get varian killed?. erm why is anduin pissed at wrathion again

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    help me out, what did wrathion do to get varian killed?. erm why is anduin pissed at wrathion again
    Wrathion was the reason Garrosh ended up in AU Draenor. Both WoD / Legion were solely because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    Without Wrathion there is no WoD at all, and Legion would probably still happen but much different/later in the timeline, aka no dead Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pleasantly surprised Blizzard remembers their own cause-and-effect storyline. Few players would realize Wrathion played part in Garrosh's escape, setting in motion both WoD and Legion.

It's probably the worst trailer pre-raid and the new model for Wrathion...just no...

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    WoW BFA and Shadowlands is getting a bit embarrassing now. It's no wonder WoW Classic is doing so well.

I thought it was great, there wasn't any moustache-twirling villain nonsense like the 8.2 trailer, and it was good to see them remember that Wrathion done fucked up

This cinematic is truely awesome if you turn off sound and then turn off captions on the video. Hilarious subtitles

Quote Originally Posted by Sabnock View Post
    It's probably the worst trailer pre-raid and the new model for Wrathion...just no...
    What's so wrong about both this trailer and Wrathion's new model? Did you forget that Dragons age quickly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I thought it was great, there wasn't any moustache-twirling villain nonsense like the 8.2 trailer, and it was good to see them remember that Wrathion done fucked up
    Everyone in Stormwind: YAY! WRATHION! HE CAN HELP US!

Anduin: Bitch, what the fuck?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpistol View Post
    What exactly did Wrathion do to kill Anduin's dad? I'm a bit lost here
    i almost remember and got it put together...

but Wrathion let garrosh out of his shackles >>> kairozdormu took garrosh to WoD >>> AU Gul'dan escaped to our world going into legion expac >>> AU Gul'dan killed varian with the green explosion....

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, God, this art on the front *looking at youtube's "stop capture", fast switching-off page because of immediate feeling of eyes' bleeding, taking a breath* Another hint that it’s worth refraining from reading today

Hey guys, look! One of the only good BFA Cinematic's is an Old God cinematic. Oh wow...

It's almost like the Old Gods are FAR MORE INTERESTING THAN THE FACTION WAR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Nice that Horde get same exact intro. Guess we get our council meetings in Stormwind now
    Boohoo. I guess not everything in every expansion revolves around the Horde.

Frankly, the interaction between Wrathion and Anduin is more interesting than anything that could have occurred in Orgrimmar; it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Nice that Horde get same exact intro. Guess we get our council meetings in Stormwind now
    Anduin sends his ally Valeera Sanguinar to Dazar'alor to tell us that Wrathion has re-emerged and is claiming to want to help us against N'zoth and we get to see the cinematic as her explaining to us what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    WoW BFA and Shadowlands is getting a bit embarrassing now. It's no wonder WoW Classic is doing so well.
    Yeah. The whole no story at all thing is a major plus isn't it? /s
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah. The whole no story at all thing is a major plus isn't it? /s
    smh at least the lack of story isn't embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by FlasKamel View Post
    smh at least the lack of story isn't embarrassing.
    Can't seem to understand this manner of thinking. The RTS and vanilla stories were incredibly simplistic, one dimensional and had next to no personality, character development, or anything really. There's this user, BreadIsFunny, whose has made their signature ranting about how Blizzard "butchered" Alleria's image and character in Legion and they will never forgive them. Thing is, Alleria didn't HAVE a character before Legion. Her personality points were she was an archer who hated orcs and liked Turalyon, that was it. She was a blank slate players were able to project onto to create headcanon about how great she was. When the character was actually fleshed out and revealed and it didn't match their headcanon, they got mad.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Can't seem to understand this manner of thinking. The RTS and vanilla stories were incredibly simplistic, one dimensional and had next to no personality, character development, or anything really.
    A lack of or completely different type of storytelling doesn't automatically make it worse than a story that follows all the rules of good storytelling. The first one brings vague but interesting ideas to the table that let you use your imagination in the world you play in. The latter fleshes out stories with little left for the imagination, and in that case it's much easier to either hate or love the story.

Maybe people enjoyed what was happening before more, even if it was told differently or even worse. I don't like the current idea everyone has of ''technically good storytelling/writing'' - ''good'' writing doesn't matter if the storyline doesn't appeal to you. Good writing doesn't matter if you don't like the direction or how it's done.

Personally I enjoyed the story more in older expansions because it felt more like smaller more immersive developments in the world we spent time in, where we and the people we play with are the main characters interpreting and theorizing or daydreaming about what's going on around the world. These days the main stories revolve around the personalities of characters we barely get to meet, and the major moments are about how they feel. Sure that works better in a movie or series or single player game; not in an MMO where the story is updated 2-3 times a year. 2-3 times to be told ''we're here now, and this is how some cartoon character feels about it.''
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by FlasKamel View Post
    A lack of or completely different type of storytelling doesn't automatically make it worse than a story that follows all the rules of good storytelling. The first one brings vague but interesting ideas to the table that let you use your imagination in the world you play in. The latter fleshes out stories with little left for the imagination, and in that case it's much easier to either hate or love the story.

Maybe people enjoyed what was happening before more, even if it was told differently or even worse. I don't like the current idea everyone has of ''technically good storytelling/writing'' - ''good'' writing doesn't matter if the storyline doesn't appeal to you. Good writing doesn't matter if you don't like the direction or how it's done.

Personally I enjoyed the story more in older expansions because it felt more like smaller more immersive developments in the world we spent time in, where we and the people we play with are the main characters interpreting and theorizing or daydreaming about what's going on around the world. These days the main stories revolve around the personalities of characters we barely get to meet, and the major moments are about how they feel. Sure that works better in a movie or series or single player game; not in an MMO where the story is updated 2-3 times a year. 2-3 times to be told ''we're here now, and this is how some cartoon character feels about it.''
    The first one also allows you to project what you want onto a character only to get mad when the character is actually fleshed out and it's not what you want.

As for the "these days the stories revolve around characters we barely get to me" I don't really buy that. The characters we're interacting with have been, for the most part, with us for years. We have Magni going from king under the mountain forging Ashbringer when he thought he lost his brother and fearing for his kidnapped daughter to petrified to the Speaker of Azeroth. We have Anduin from young boy to a teenager in MoP where we get a feel for the kind of person he's growing into, up to the present. Saying we "barely get to meet them" is factually dishonest. We've been watching these characters develop for a decade or more.