1. #3741
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    .......And it's hard to find a reason to push yourself like that if you just keep winning, which is exactly what happened to Method.........
    They won 3/5 tiers, and even one of those was just won by a few hours.
    I don't believe that this counts as "just keep winning".

    I completely agree that different people have different drives. It should differ how you motivate them, but the consequence of not fixing your mistakes should lead to being benched.

  2. #3742
    This race isnt fair, US starts with a whole day before EU

  3. #3743
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    This race isnt fair, US starts with a whole day before EU
    On a busted encounter with no strats or direction. What a head start. Devise and practice starts that you can’t use

  4. #3744
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Some people actually believe Shadowlands comes out this year?
    Thats not how fiscal year quarters work at Activision though. Shadowlands will release in November at the latest if rdy or not to get in on the Thanksgiving/BlackFriday/Christmass sales. Now moving it to January would be a bold move and show they wanna deliver a polished experience but i doubt Activision would let them.

    Edit: Actually seeing as the new consoles are out in November it might be a good move to delay it to avoid the hype and clutter of the new consoles which will no doubt be huge. Or they will go full crunch mode and release it in September in a half broken state.
    Last edited by Firefox72; 2020-02-07 at 01:36 PM.

  5. #3745
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    This race isnt fair, US starts with a whole day before EU
    The only situations when the headstart matters: Boss dies during first week and if the boss dies between NA and EU resets.

  6. #3746
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    12,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    This race isnt fair, US starts with a whole day before EU
    16 hours, and eh. Hasn't stopped EU from winning most races since then. If EU really cared they'd move their characters to US servers so they'd have those 16 hours too.

  7. #3747
    wonder if limit is done for like a month or will they shoot for world second as well
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

    d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

  8. #3748
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    16 hours, and eh. Hasn't stopped EU from winning most races since then. If EU really cared they'd move their characters to US servers so they'd have those 16 hours too.
    It’s hard to play with lags more than 100ms on competitive level.
    Not to mention the time difference between EU and US.
    They need to raid at 4pm to 6am each day, that’s not healthy

  9. #3749
    People overplay this 16 hour head start thing way too much and honestly it's just convenient to talk about because regardless of which guild is ahead at the time, they end up getting bottlenecked by Blizzard's shitty QA testing for the end boss. It's very evident how much time leading guild, regardless of region, spend not actually capitalizing on their lead on the end boss because of this.

    The only point of argument (and it's going to be trivial and petty one) is if an NA guild takes WF and then an EU guild gets second within 16 hours, but that still doesn't prove anything especially with streaming where the second guild is going to be more efficient going into the fight because they have already have information given out by the leading guild via stream.

    For science, the best thing to do would be global release of patch and no streaming at all or any information getting passed on until someone achieves WF on last boss. What is this suppose to prove and who is this suppose to benefit, the diehard fans of each guild or trolls?

  10. #3750
    So it's been over 16 hours since Limit's kill and Method is not even close. Looks like they've gained 1.2% progression in the last 16 hours and still above 30%.

    Does that mean the head start comments will stop?

    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Pieces or a Chinese guild got world 2nd.

  11. #3751
    Method has 7 more hours for world first. Tick tock...

  12. #3752
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    So it's been over 16 hours since Limit's kill and Method is not even close. Looks like they've gained 1.2% progression in the last 16 hours and still above 30%.

    Does that mean the head start comments will stop?

    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Pieces or a Chinese guild got world 2nd.
    Or Limit

    tenchar

  13. #3753
    Quote Originally Posted by rodicboxer View Post
    It’s hard to play with lags more than 100ms on competitive level.
    Not to mention the time difference between EU and US.
    They need to raid at 4pm to 6am each day, that’s not healthy
    They can rent a gaming studio in US genius and move there for a week or two.

  14. #3754
    With the DPS required for this fight, I see only Method or maybe Pieces still have a chance within this reset.
    It will be hard even with the gear from next reset. But don’t forget the tuning coming next week.

  15. #3755
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    So it's been over 16 hours since Limit's kill and Method is not even close. Looks like they've gained 1.2% progression in the last 16 hours and still above 30%.

    Does that mean the head start comments will stop?
    Nope, look at post under yours, looks like some people think that US start 24 hours before EU ;D.

  16. #3756
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake News View Post
    Method has 7 more hours for world first. Tick tock...
    Name checks out.

  17. #3757
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Not in Europe Anymore Yay
    Posts
    6,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    Thats not how fiscal year quarters work at Activision though. Shadowlands will release in November at the latest if rdy or not to get in on the Thanksgiving/BlackFriday/Christmass sales. Now moving it to January would be a bold move and show they wanna deliver a polished experience but i doubt Activision would let them.

    Edit: Actually seeing as the new consoles are out in November it might be a good move to delay it to avoid the hype and clutter of the new consoles which will no doubt be huge. Or they will go full crunch mode and release it in September in a half broken state.
    Blaming Activision is interesting but Blizzard has never released games that were balanced and not buggy. Ever. That whole "release it when it's done." thing they spouted was a cute justification for having really slow content cycles with subpar content patches. I can't blame Activision for that one because they've been doing it for over 20 years now.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE | I might make you angry but I'm right.

  18. #3758
    I agree. As much fond memories I have for the old school blizzard games, there were still plenty of issues with all of them especially at release. Perhaps not as much, but "old Blizzard" was not immune from these issues.

  19. #3759
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Blaming Activision is interesting but Blizzard has never released games that were balanced and not buggy. Ever. That whole "release it when it's done." thing they spouted was a cute justification for having really slow content cycles with subpar content patches. I can't blame Activision for that one because they've been doing it for over 20 years now.
    I can imagine their employees working under pressure and their time schedule is very tight. They have to release “unfinished” game contents because of working pressure etc.
    Just in order to make money and keep the number of active players
    All about money

  20. #3760
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Name checks out.
    clearly a troll account to instigate unneeded drama.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •