1. #3841
    Quote Originally Posted by modotszilla View Post
    There should be some rules set on the race.... not complaining or calling world first not legit

    Limit spent 250 million gold on boes.... (including rumor that atleast 2 of the major boosting services AGB/Starlight/Gallywix funded Limit with 100 Mil+

    Method spent 100 million and had a team of 20 socials farming BOE mythic trash 12 hours a day....

    this is getting out of hand. No Boe's next tier from raid blizzard.
    corruptions will not persist beyond this tier (God willing) and they were the main culprit of overpowered BoEs

  2. #3842
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Untraceable
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedhillo View Post
    How will Method ever kill the boss with this dps?
    Havent watched their stream in awhile so not sure what they are pulling but yea it did seem a couple % difference between Limits run and methods...

    Think limit could of taken nzoth to -2 to -4% health so long as method can execute think DPS wont matter that much but will be a lot tighter.
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

  3. #3843
    Dreadlord arr0gance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Third Impact
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    BoEs themselves aren't the problem. The problem this tier was BoE's that could proc corruption effects.

    Get rid of corruption and the 'problem' goes away. Shouldn't be an issue in Shadowlands unless Blizzard is truly stupid enough to think we want a system like corruption back.
    If the past is any indication we won't get Corrupted gear but we might get something "like" it. It's likely that TF is dead so there will be need to be something to keep gear interesting.
    "Brevity is the sole of wit." -Abraham Lincoln, 1892

  4. #3844
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    BoEs themselves aren't the problem. The problem this tier was BoE's that could proc corruption effects.

    Get rid of corruption and the 'problem' goes away. Shouldn't be an issue in Shadowlands unless Blizzard is truly stupid enough to think we want a system like corruption back.

    I love corruption lol

    EDIT: Let me expand on that. I love it for the end of an expac, that "get super strong" feeling once there is no more relevant content coming out. I like being able to solo current raid content.

    Its more like "let me enjoy a little single player time after all this multiplayer grinding"
    Last edited by Wavebossa; 2020-02-07 at 07:48 PM.

  5. #3845
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    I love corruption lol

    EDIT: Let me expand on that. I love it for the end of an expac, that "get super strong" feeling once there is no more relevant content coming out. I like being able to solo current raid content.

    Its more like "let me enjoy a little single player time after all this multiplayer grinding"
    Yea, it's a great end of expansion test, corruption is fun right now. Now I don't think it should go forward to SL in the form it is in. Though they don't really need anything like corruption imo, they have legendaries coming back.

  6. #3846
    Moderator -aiko-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    10,751
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    If the past is any indication we won't get Corrupted gear but we might get something "like" it. It's likely that TF is dead so there will be need to be something to keep gear interesting.
    I want to argue it but you're probably right. It's clear that whatever metric they use to account for "time spent playing" is more important to them than anything else, so they want to keep the carrot-on-the-stick that is RNG on items. Diablocraft indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    I love corruption lol

    EDIT: Let me expand on that. I love it for the end of an expac, that "get super strong" feeling once there is no more relevant content coming out. I like being able to solo current raid content.
    It's bad for the game to have no control over this, though. If they had a system where I could work towards getting the exact corruption trait I wanted, perhaps with, oh, I dunno, a currency, it would be one thing. To have it purely based on RNG is just insane. It's okay to let your players finish a patch and take a break, Blizzard. If they enjoyed it they'll be back for the next. Don't burn them out.

  7. #3847
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    BoEs themselves aren't the problem. The problem this tier was BoE's that could proc corruption effects.

    Get rid of corruption and the 'problem' goes away. Shouldn't be an issue in Shadowlands unless Blizzard is truly stupid enough to think we want a system like corruption back.
    but then we cant have funsies rngs "intressting" loot!

  8. #3848
    Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Sco’s WA/DBM alerts remind me of one of those early AOL/AIM flash games lmao
    Sco has a terrible UI.

  9. #3849
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I want to argue it but you're probably right. It's clear that whatever metric they use to account for "time spent playing" is more important to them than anything else, so they want to keep the carrot-on-the-stick that is RNG on items. Diablocraft indeed.

    It's bad for the game to have no control over this, though. If they had a system where I could work towards getting the exact corruption trait I wanted, perhaps with, oh, I dunno, a currency, it would be one thing. To have it purely based on RNG is just insane. It's okay to let your players finish a patch and take a break, Blizzard. If they enjoyed it they'll be back for the next. Don't burn them out.
    Fair point, i say i like it now but ill be crying in 6 months when i have plenty of corruption headroom and no Stars lvl3

  10. #3850
    Dreadlord arr0gance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Third Impact
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    but then we cant have funsies rngs "intressting" loot!
    As long as something like M+ is in the game, a system like TF or Corrupted gear has to exist otherwise you'll just see everybody farming BiS from dungeons.
    "Brevity is the sole of wit." -Abraham Lincoln, 1892

  11. #3851
    Epic! bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I want to argue it but you're probably right. It's clear that whatever metric they use to account for "time spent playing" is more important to them than anything else, so they want to keep the carrot-on-the-stick that is RNG on items. Diablocraft indeed.

    It's bad for the game to have no control over this, though. If they had a system where I could work towards getting the exact corruption trait I wanted, perhaps with, oh, I dunno, a currency, it would be one thing. To have it purely based on RNG is just insane. It's okay to let your players finish a patch and take a break, Blizzard. If they enjoyed it they'll be back for the next. Don't burn them out.
    My guild was discussing this. If there was a system where we could target corruptions, and the gimmick was more about balancing the pros and cons of corruption it would be a better system. Like items that are corrupted allow you to choose the corruption on it, but as you stack more of a particular you get more corruption stat, we would like it a lot better. Right now, a Mythic BOE dropping top tier Infinite Stars is just dumb rngesus work.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  12. #3852
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dirty Jerz
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by modotszilla View Post
    There should be some rules set on the race.... not complaining or calling world first not legit

    Limit spent 250 million gold on boes.... (including rumor that atleast 2 of the major boosting services AGB/Starlight/Gallywix funded Limit with 100 Mil+

    Method spent 100 million and had a team of 20 socials farming BOE mythic trash 12 hours a day....

    this is getting out of hand. No Boe's next tier from raid blizzard.
    No one else should get BOEs because 2 guilds spent a lot of gold and had people farming them? cool.

  13. #3853
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    No king rules forever. method officially lost.

    This is a prove they were just overrated I bet if they give other guilds sponsors too limit will be overrated as well.

    The real winners here are those guilds at 11/12 without sponsors and sh!t.
    I mean Method started this, LIMIT had to get to their level by getting a sponsor, US doesn't get as much time off. It's why method was top for so long, they took it to a new level no one else could especially US guilds, until now.

  14. #3854
    Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    No one else should get BOEs because 2 guilds spent a lot of gold and had people farming them? cool.
    wow should not be pay to win. boe's are pay to win when you can just buy wowtokens. they were even joking on method's stream about roger's 5 mil gold ring costing more money than his engagement ring for his GF.

  15. #3855
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Already talking about NA headstart for a decade tho. Not a new thing. This has nothing to do with someone winning over someone else in this particular race. You try so hard man.

    I'm quite sure you will find headstart just as often in the eternal palace thread as in this one.
    You're not very smart. Lets leave it at that. Stop trying

  16. #3856
    Pandaren Monk Jimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by modotszilla View Post
    wow should not be pay to win. boe's are pay to win when you can just buy wowtokens. they were even joking on method's stream about roger's 5 mil gold ring costing more money than his engagement ring for his GF.
    What are you winning with BoEs?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

  17. #3857
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dirty Jerz
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by modotszilla View Post
    wow should not be pay to win. boe's are pay to win when you can just buy wowtokens. they were even joking on method's stream about roger's 5 mil gold ring costing more money than his engagement ring for his GF.
    What's pay to win about it? you dont have to buy a single thing but your subscription and expansion cost to play this game.

  18. #3858
    Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    What's pay to win about it? you dont have to buy a single thing but your subscription and expansion cost to play this game.
    i mean MAX just posted that the guild has a debt thats worth 40k$ in gold.

  19. #3859
    Method still has 24 hours to get world first. Tick tock...

  20. #3860
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake News View Post
    Method still has 24 hours to get world first. Tick tock...
    How does the bar keep changing every single tier its somehow a larger gap then the previous one now..
    It is a 16 hour time difference for mythic raid unlocks. How do people somehow stretch that to 20 hours and now 24...
    Last edited by Sixy; 2020-02-07 at 09:16 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •