Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    Of course it made. He "oneshot" his chair. Instant Kill
    It was refreshing to see him so passionate even after all these years of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Method had the chance to get huge corporate sponsors with Red Bull etc and they blew it by thinking that they're a bigger corporation than they really are.
    Get your facts straight.
    Method would've liked to have RB as a sponsor. But RB didn't want to be a sponsor, they wanted to own the WF race.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Get your facts straight.
    Method would've liked to have RB as a sponsor. But RB didn't want to be a sponsor, they wanted to own the WF race.
    I mean.. its not like Method doesn't have the same goal in mind.. so if its bad or RB to do it.. I wonder.. is it bad if Meth... oh never mind. I forget. When you like a side in an controversy it obviously makes them right. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean.. its not like Method doesn't have the same goal in mind.. so if its bad or RB to do it.. I wonder.. is it bad if Meth... oh never mind. I forget. When you like a side in an controversy it obviously makes them right. Carry on.
    method has turned it into a charity event with proeeeds going to save the children.

Red bull wanted the only stream to show any POV to be their Redbull channel. hmmm wonder why that is.

so how do you explain limit ditching redbull if redbull is cool?

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    so how do you explain limit ditching redbull if redbull is cool?
    Max actually explained that on stream go and look for it.

Wtf, how do you know which team I am rooting for?
    I am not saying who is wrong or right. I am just saying that your statement is incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Max actually explained that on stream go and look for it.
    Would you mind narrowing down when that was roughly, please?

Would you mind narrowing down when that was roughly, please?
    Some time yesterday before their Complexity stream event is as much of a timeline as I can give you as I honestly dont remember exactly when

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Some time yesterday before their Complexity stream event is as much of a timeline as I can give you as I honestly dont remember exactly when
    Ah damn, thank you anyways.

TLDR would be like: a lot of esport brands wanted Limit and they ended up choosing Complexity which is US based and that is superior to traveling to London changing sleep schedule etc which affects performance.

I think one thing mentioned is they had to go to the red bull stadium or whatever, in europe.... to play their characters back on the NA servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I think one thing mentioned is they had to go to the red bull stadium or whatever, in europe.... to play their characters back on the NA servers.
    I guess I shouldve figured that out myself... Thanks

I am not saying who is wrong or right. I am just saying that your statement is incorrect.
    You're statement is the wrong one though, Method is the only guild/corporation that has tried to own the world first race. Of course a big sponsor paying for everything wants to hold the main stream, Method themselves even do it with other guilds and then barely show them and focus the entire stream around themselves. No other guilds have had any problems with world first sponsors(including Red Bull), it's only been Method and that is because Method want to be the ones to own the race(while getting financially backing from legit corps because they can't afford that).

The fact that you think RB wanted to own the race just tells us you bought into the narrative that Method pushed so hard after they failed to bully Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    Based on Methods view count for the race I expect Method could give less of a toss if a larger corp wants to muscle in or not.
    Method's view counts are severely inflated because their stream is embedded into any website that is affiliated with them. Most of their viewers weren't real viwers. There's a reason why over half their screens were ads and it wasn't because their streams were doing so well that they don't need outside money.
    Last edited by WhatIsLegion; 2020-02-09 at 02:39 AM.

A single nonpartisan channel like redbull would've been better for us, the viewers. All guilds being affiliated, and not needing to double up on production or talent could have made a very professional great 24hr esports event.

The problem is method would've lost all their branding. They might have only earned 50% from the much bigger redbull event, while they earn 100% from a smaller event on their own channel. Their sponsors, biased casters and production. From a business perspective i get why they chose to go their own way but the decision was never "for the community" like they tried to PR spin us.

As for any real competitor like limit, signing up to raid under the method banner would've been an incredibly dumb move, they'd be making their competitor stronger. So we have what we have. A divided community event because money talks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by modotszilla View Post
    method has turned it into a charity event with proeeeds going to save the children.
    Method is not some altruistic organization - they 100% are profiting from the streaming, and the "save the children" stuff is a separate donation account - the monetized ads and subs on their channels dont funnel directly into that charity.

I really really hope complexity is in it for the longrun.
    Best tier exposurewise ever

Can't blame Method for not going with RB. They wanted to monetize the WF event and RB noticed what they where doing and wanted the biggest stake in it. Claiming it is for the community... He actually means HIS community. The bigger Method org gets the weaker the other guilds become exposure wise, and Method then can provide them with what they need. While playing under the Method banner ofc.

As a Method fan, a huge congrats to persistence and hard work of Limit through out recent years. What a beautiful progress they had. They earned this one and it wasn't easy. I wonder what kind of motivation they had for such a mind-boggling effort level they put in within these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatt View Post
    A single nonpartisan channel like redbull would've been better for us, the viewers. All guilds being affiliated, and not needing to double up on production or talent could have made a very professional great 24hr esports event.

The problem is method would've lost all their branding. They might have only earned 50% from the much bigger redbull event, while they earn 100% from a smaller event on their own channel. Their sponsors, biased casters and production. From a business perspective i get why they chose to go their own way but the decision was never "for the community" like they tried to PR spin us.

As for any real competitor like limit, signing up to raid under the method banner would've been an incredibly dumb move, they'd be making their competitor stronger. So we have what we have. A divided community event because money talks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Having to watch through RB and deal with Casters would be awful imo. Watched Max's stream only really (NA so they raided the time I was up anyway) and it was 100% more entertaining than the no comms Method stream and 100% less annoying than the Casters on the method stream.

There's a few casters that I was fine with, but damn most of them are just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Having NA guilds on a higher rank than my guild cause of the 16-hour headstart feels shit indeed.
    So which ones are those? Which guilds are ahead of you because of the 16 hour head start? Because I am pretty sure the only guild that could actually say that with a straight face is method and they're not saying it because it's not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course and there is nothing wrong with having guilds from wherever being higher ranked than my guild as long as it is not because they are able to start 16 hours earlier. Don't you get the point? What are you not capable of understanding - tell me and I might help you.
    There are no guilds getting a kill before you because of the 16 hour head start. They are getting it because they are better than you. That's what you don't get. You think you and your shit guild are hard done by but in reality you are nothing and you are getting beat by better players. Claiming this 16hr bullshit is just laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed they should remove unfair rankings they are making people depressed. Dafuq.

The lack of competitive spirit is huge.
    Is this what happens in the EU when America wins one? Holy shit. Limit should be punished for the depression that they have caused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro