Page 8 of 211 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    remember: if you're not first, you're last.
    rofl you seems like some video game jock when you say this. truly funny
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Is there anyone in Method with good taste in music? Every stream has EDM bullshit.
    Yliajo sometimes plays good music. If you like metal.
    A darkness carried in the heart can not be cured by moving the body from one place to another. (Lennier to Vir in Babylon 5:"Dust to Dust")
    -----
    My toons: Warrior | DK | Monk | Paladin | Lock | Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Goraidh View Post
    Yliajo sometimes plays good music. If you like metal.
    Is there any streamer that plays classical music? That would be a refreshing first.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    rofl you seems like some video game jock when you say this. truly funny

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You mean the pathetic 25% nerf that basically did nothing?
    Pretty much. I've got a feeling more nerfs will be coming but if not, I'm wrong, stack Infinite Stars and all DPS checks will be nulled.

The Unstoppable Force
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Pretty much. I've got a feeling more nerfs will be coming but if not, I'm wrong, stack Infinite Stars and all DPS checks will be nulled.
    Seems they are changing it quite a bit since I made my earlier post. They're making it so it scales based on ilvl rather than attack/spell power. Don't know how much that will nerf it though so we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Doubt it has much to do with "revealing strats" as much as it does save the team from having to censor themselves after somebody goes full retard.
    This.

I'm honestly surprised that Limit manages to do that. From my experience most high end guilds/players tend to have a pretty politically incorrect vocabulary, seeing Limit not actually blow it within the first 5 minutes of turning on the stream is actually amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    So Limit just has bad ilvl . They just grind 1000x more than Method to wear bad gear and Method is secretly using some special low ilvl gear that gives you 20% more power!.
    Damn I've missed the hilariously absurd excuses Limit always gets in the race thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    But it's bag ilvl, not equipped ilvl. So Limit consistently got more lucky with titanforges, while Method consistently more lucky with better itemization?
    I am just saying item level is really bad benchmark this days since you used this benchmark to claim that "hurrr durrr limit bad they more ilvl hurhrrr duirrrr"

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Is there any streamer that plays classical music? That would be a refreshing first.
    Jeathe does sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    By classical u mean Beethoven, Mozart? Or clasic of a genre like classic rock?

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Classical as in the form of a symphony, concerto, fugue, sonata, cantata, opera, etc.

alright so some nerd break it down for me

who did splits better this week
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Ah another WF thread where it becomes all EU Vs America and the arguments start.

To win, probably Method like usual, they just feel more like a legitimate company than a bunch of guys playing a video game together. Whilst i know this has nothing to do with skill i just feel they can concentrate more on the game than the other top guilds.

I am from the EU, what i would like is Pieces to Win, after that Limit, nothing against Method, just healthy competition is always good and someone else winning the end tier would be great.
    In each of the past two matches, it seems to me like there have been some similarities. Each guild developed a strategy that they were ultimately able to use to kill the boss, but Method’s was more aggressive AND somehow Method’s pulls towards the end of progression were much more consistent despite the more aggressive strat.

Limit was always ahead but then hit a plateau, where Method was consistently behind then suddenly they decided they had figured it all out and just motored to the finish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by birdynumnum View Post
    What is it that makes Method so special? Do they have a strong recruitment team finding Azeroth's top tier try hards?
    Good question. In my opinion it’s mainly Sco’s incredible longevity and ability to just keep rebuilding a top tier roster around him. I don’t even know if anyone else in guild has been around nearly as long as he has.

Method was not always on top but they were always in the mix and other than a brief dip around ICC times they just kept fighting. Pretty much every other top guild eventually burned out.

Method never reached #1 until Paragon and Ensidia/Nihilum flamed out, but once they got there they held on tight and really solidified themselves as the #1 option for serious Euro raiders.

The most interesting moment had to be when most of Method’s core left and formed Serenity. Method rebuilt its core but lost to both Exorsus and Serenity in Nighthold, yet after that tier Serenity collapsed and Method re-absorbed many of their players. I think it’s just the stability of the leadership.

Now they’re institutionalized with the brand, sponsors, etc. But to me what got them there is just sheer persistence and being able to constantly field a top tier roster when everyone else eventually crumbled.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2020-01-26 at 01:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Looks like Mages and Warlocks are good too?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Fun game: Spot the SPriest.
    Yeah, realised after that they were doing class splits apparently

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how the newly formed "Imperative" is going to fare. Quote from wowprogress:

Mission
    With a lack of global presence from North American guilds and a revived hunger for the struggle and rewards of competing, Imperative was born. With fewer guilds choosing to raid hardcore and players consolidating, Imperative will be a fresh new opportunity to some, and for others it will be the endgame.

Imperative
    A lack of a large NA presence on the world stage culminated in the creation of Imperative, thus why we choose the name. With leadership having prior raided in guilds such as Blood Legion, Wildcard Gaming, and Vigil, our goal is very simple; we want to foster an enjoyable but also agile environment. This entails respectful yet detailed concise criticism and an atmosphere where you can count on the same level of effort from your fellow raiders.
    Well, good luck, guys

Also: seems like Method's JB has joined them..
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2020-01-26 at 09:48 AM. Reason: redundant

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Good question. In my opinion it’s mainly Sco’s incredible longevity and ability to just keep rebuilding a top tier roster around him. I don’t even know if anyone else in guild has been around nearly as long as he has.
    Isnt Sco one of the Method founders?

So Limit just has bad ilvl . They just grind 1000x more than Method to wear bad gear and Method is secretly using some special low ilvl gear that gives you 20% more power!.
    Damn I've missed the hilariously absurd excuses Limit always gets in the race thread.
    There are plenty of reasons in the WF race why item level is not a useful benchmark. #1 is it might just reflect how much your raid is focusing on the top 20 characters versus the top 40 - people playing alts = less time getting titanforged on mains = slightly lower item level.

And with so much power now not tied directly to item level - corruption, benthic, azerite traits, etc. - guilds aren't even necessarily focusing on getting the highest ilvl gear but focused more on getting the right traits.
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    There are plenty of reasons in the WF race why item level is not a useful benchmark. #1 is it might just reflect how much your raid is focusing on the top 20 characters versus the top 40 - people playing alts = less time getting titanforged on mains = slightly lower item level.

And with so much power now not tied directly to item level - corruption, benthic, azerite traits, etc. - guilds aren't even necessarily focusing on getting the highest ilvl gear but focused more on getting the right traits.

I keep missing the part where Limit has a valid excuse.
    "I just don't want to pay taxes." - Bobby Kotick

An excuse for what?

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkien View Post
    Isnt Sco one of the Method founders?
    I don't know if he founded the guild but I've seen a lot of people say he was a guild leader/raid leader since at least AQ. He is the longest running member anyway. I believe Rogerbrown joined in Ulduar, not sure if anyone else has been around that long?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Both in a lot of cases

Can you show me on a doll where did big bad limit player touch you?