Page 1 of 200
... LastLast

Ny'alotha, The Waking City World First Race

well, not yet released, but lets starts dicussing it :P

well, lasts raids got WF by method, hope this one is a different guild.

betting on limit this time

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    betting on limit this time
    Looks like you did not learn.

7+ Year Old Account

Hype intensifies, finally a bigger raid.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Based on experience so far:

Tons of US guilds will be ahead initially, then over the next 3 days, EU guilds will be overtaking them until it is like 1 US guild and 8 EU guilds in the top 10. Plus an Asian guild.

No prediction beyond that, but Method has the best track record up to now.

And ofc I take it this thread implies we are talking Mythic only? Because some random guild will get the World first on normal
    Man, these are some ez predictions.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

remember: if you're not first, you're last.

assuming no irregularities with tuning, the bosses i look forward to the most are:

- Shad'har: looks like this could be the first wall in terms of output.
    - Drest'Agath: since each add will use it's major ability whenever another add dies, there will be a lot of "what order works out best"
    while at the same time finding the balance between add-dmg and boss-dmg.
    - Vexiona: likely to be a "last one alive kills the boss" type of fight.
    - Ra-Den: "if you heal me to full i die" whoever thought of that debuff has a special sense of torture.

i just hope they hit the right point for tuning. so many bosses yould turn out real shitty if they die too fast or mechanics being weak enough to cheese/ignore

I just hope that we can get some good memes to last for the next 10+ months! At least something as good as, "First to the moon, first to G'huun!"

It's going to be hard to bet against Method, but watching LiMiT, or one of the Chinese guilds win this time would be fun. Imperative will surely be interesting to watch stream with Riggnaros and TMSean joining up to raid competitively.

Cheers to another World First Race boys, I'm so hyped!
    Last edited by NERDZILLA; 2020-01-15 at 12:33 PM.

Better predictions would be which Boss ability will get cheesed and subsequently hotfixed

I haven't payed attention to the race this expansion so maybe you all can get me up to speed?

1 - Is Method still far ahead of everyone else or does someone give them run for their money?

2 - I think Method were steaming their world first race? Am I correct or imagining things?

3 - How is the raiding scene looking? Are there any good US/Australian guilds in the mix? Did Paragon reform?

4 - How long are the WF races this expansion? Longer than one reset or do things end over the first weekend?

hopefully I don't need to type it but this is not a flame/troll attempt - I know how asking those kinds of questions might seem - I just kinda want to get back to following those races so need a bit of primer.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    1 - Is Method still far ahead of everyone else or does someone give them run for their money?
    LiMiT and one of the Chinese guilds (can't remember their name off the top of my head) have put up some good efforts this expansion. This race should be fun to WATCH! Pieces also took World First in CoS, but that wasn't an official tier that was really competed over.

2 - I think Method were steaming their world first race? Am I correct or imagining things?
    They are! Check on their website. LiMiT will be too. The Method stream will show coverage from many other guilds as well.

3 - How is the raiding scene looking? Are there any good US/Australian guilds in the mix? Did Paragon reform?
    The raiding scene is mostly just a handful of guilds pushing for World First, with maybe 4 having a chance at competing with Method. LiMiT is the best NA guild and the stiffest competition for Method, Honestly is the best Oceanic guild. Paragon is not reformed as the Paragon you remember.

4 - How long are the WF races this expansion? Longer than one reset or do things end over the first weekend?
    They have lasted longer than the first reset, with multiple guilds on the last boss at the same time (obviously not progression wise). Should be an excellent tier!

I haven't payed attention to the race this expansion so maybe you all can get me up to speed?

hopefully I don't need to type it but this is not a flame/troll attempt - I know how asking those kinds of questions might seem - I just kinda want to get back to following those races so need a bit of primer.
    1 - I wouldnt say that, last race was actually quite tight and it could have gone either way. With Method and Limit tossing coins for world firsts on the last couple of bosses. The raid before that (was a 2 boss raid) was actually taken by Pieces. All the top guilds are currently very close in ilvl, so we'll have to see the coming 2 weeks who will come out on top before Mythic opens.

2 - Yes they are, along with quite a couple of other guilds. Last tier Limit also streamed their progression, they even had their coms live.

3 - Limit is from the US

4 - Previous tier was 12 days, the small 2 boss raid before was 9 days and the bigger raid before that was 7 days.

Speaking about Limit streaming makes me think... Red Bull won't make their own event this time ? Their stupid and cheap attempt last time with 2k viewers discouraged them ?

Limit will flop at the very end as always

15+ Year Old Account
    Boy i cant wait till they hit raden

Quote Originally Posted by Yunyuns View Post
    Speaking about Limit streaming makes me think... Red Bull won't make their own event this time ? Their stupid and cheap attempt last time with 2k viewers discouraged them ?
    I believe it was actually quite a success for Red Bull in terms of number of viewers, calling it stupid and cheap just shows how simpletonish your thinking is. In any case, they have an announcement incoming some time soon, Limit will be doing an event, whether with Red Bull or not.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Though I'm EU and I truly feel the best one should win, and Method is undoubtedly the best, I can't help but root for Limit and/or Pieces. Limit tried so hard past tiers and were so close but can't manage to hold their advantage. Some say it's people in the US being kinda unable to take extended leaves from work meanwhile EU is more flexible about it.

#TeamMethod
    Good luck everyone.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I heard a rumor that asmongold is no longer streaming because he ACTUALLY has been pwr lvling a new warr on EU and gearing it up to raid with method.

if this is true, method will win hands down, haveing the best warrior in the world is a huge advantage no otherguild has. Im calling 0 resets, they just gonna roll through that place.

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    remember: if you're not first, you're last.
    Pretty sure that person was high when they said that. You can be second, third, fourth.... hell you can even be fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    I heard a rumor that asmongold is no longer streaming because he ACTUALLY has been pwr lvling a new warr on EU and gearing it up to raid with method.

if this is true, method will win hands down, haveing the best warrior in the world is a huge advantage no otherguild has. Im calling 0 resets, they just gonna roll through that place.
    Gr8 B8 M8, I R8 8/8.
    If this was true it'd be hilarious don't get me wrong, right proper use of a 120 boost.