Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And lets not forget getting suspended for bugging out NORMAL LK 25
    Eh that's one I won't bash them for bombs were part of rogues standard rotation it's not like they needed to get first kill on normal lk nobody cared about normals at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracian View Post
    4 Expansions? I mean they raided and were active, but they weren't dominant. They were dominant at the very end of Wrath and through Cata. Then it became the Method show.

They had 2 WF end bosses in Wrath, 4 in Cata, 0 in Mists, and 1 in WoD. They were very good, but nowhere near what I would call dominant.
    They were dominant from mid wrath through cata were still completely dominant in 10 man in mop and then won their last tier of hardcore raiding in highmaul. Paragon's dominance is unlikely to ever be equaled.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Eh that's one I won't bash them for bombs were part of rogues standard rotation it's not like they needed to get first kill on normal lk nobody cared about normals at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

They were dominant from mid wrath through cata were still completely dominant in 10 man in mop and then won their last tier of hardcore raiding in highmaul. Paragon's dominance is unlikely to ever be equaled.
    It's a questionable thing, didn't work in their favor though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    obviously the streaming by every guild is great to see but part of me misses the mystique and mystery of the old races. a leaked screenshot of damage meters or a low wipe could fuel speculation and shitposting for days
    That was fun for sure, or people trying to snipe info from other guilds through any means necessary. I'd love to see an unknown guild snipe something but that just can't really happen anymore.

I prefer now though, because it gives WoW a few big esports moments a year outside of Arena and Whatever Blizzcon comes up with. I think what Method has done with making it publicized and a huge event is awesome. Outcome of the race aside, Method is hugely responsible for the level of interaction with the community in these races.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely prefer now. It's nice just having a WF stream going on in the background while I work, and occasionally refreshing forums/reddit/twitter etc for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracian View Post
    4 Expansions? I mean they raided and were active, but they weren't dominant. They were dominant at the very end of Wrath and through Cata. Then it became the Method show.

They had 2 WF end bosses in Wrath, 4 in Cata, 0 in Mists, and 1 in WoD. They were very good, but nowhere near what I would call dominant.
    10 man world firsts don’t count? I would argue they count even more because more people raided that difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    10 man world firsts don’t count? I would argue they count even more because more people raided that difficulty.
    1 healer 10 man H Garrosh definitely counted.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how's it going for Limit? Everyone is just yapping on about exploits and bans and what not, but are Limit doing splits or are they on Carapace and how are they doing in that case?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That’s not 4 expansions... at best it’s 2 and a few raids.
    It's 3ish total across 4 Wrath from Uldir on Cata completely dominant only reason they didn't have a clean sweep was the blanket bans of the entire top 10. MoP beyond dominant in 10 man and 1 healed Garrosh heroic. Wod first tier then disbanded.

That’s not 4 expansions... at best it’s 2 and a few raids.
    I think world first Lich King and world first H Ragnaros count for A LOT. Lich King was the most competitive world first race, ever. Everybody out of 10 million players wanted to be the first to kill him on heroic. And then Heroic Rag was the most impressive kill of the game’s history. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    So how's it going for Limit? Everyone is just yapping on about exploits and bans and what not, but are Limit doing splits or are they on Carapace and how are they doing in that case?
    Pushing into final phase given how their progress has worked they need one solid pull with everyone surviving til phase 3 and it could absolutely die.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    p3 44% on Carapace
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    they have a place in history, but not amongst the greats imo, they killed a bunch of much easier bosses and had fallen off by mid wrath when paragon took over, only one of the wrath kills really even counted for anything (Alagon) because we know how big of a joke Naxx in wrath was.
    At their respective times they were not so easy, there were different times. There was no such thing as split runs, alts of every class, unlimited resources and whatnot. You had what players/classes you had and you had to work with that.
    The same thing if you compare sports today to how they were 50 years ago. Teams from back them would look like stupid monkeys when compared to the top soccer teams of today for example.
    What matters is what you do in your current time.
    Last edited by kranur; 2020-01-31 at 08:12 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah they exploited. They specifically ran out to the edge of the platform with bombs to respawn the outer ring.

OK, but that's not the same has having a strangle hold on endgame for as long as Method has. Not even remotely close. They had a brief stint of winning and then disappeared like a fart in the wind.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, that's 2 expansions and a few raids from 2 others. It's not "3ish" and certainly not 4.
    Uh no that's 3. ToGC and ICC entirity of Cata and entirity of MoP then first tier of WoD. Method hasn't had nearly that level of dominance. WoD they got the last two. Legion they lost EN and Nighthold. BFA so far has been dominant outside crucible but if Limit takes it method will have Zero expansions where they took it wall to wall while Paragon has two. I'm still counting cata because ds was a complete shitstorm with all world level guilds outside asia banned. MoP no guild came close to them in 10 and their 10 man kills often beat method for overall first. The only ones they didn't were Raden and Garrosh with Garrosh having to be solo healed because of insane tuning on 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Nah they exploited. They specifically ran out to the edge of the platform with bombs to respawn the outer ring.
    We have no idea whether that's true or not since nobody streamed back then but I highly doubt they would do that on normal especially after exorsus got wrecked for the beacon exploiting in uld.

Method 9/12! exploiting ra den paid off!!

ROFLMAO. You literally just described 2 full expansions and a few from other expansions. Words, they have meaning.
    Are you seriously considering wrath a few other? Wrath had 3 actual tiers. Nobody cares about tier 7. Paragon took first kills on 2 of the 3 second on alone largely because nobody thought it was even possible outside the madmen of stars.

OK, but that's not the same has having a strangle hold on endgame for as long as Method has. Not even remotely close. They had a brief stint of winning and then disappeared like a fart in the wind.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, that's 2 expansions and a few raids from 2 others. It's not "3ish" and certainly not 4.
    Guilds nowadays have the advantages of Streaming revenue that they didn’t have back then. Method/Limit have all of the partnerships and make all of the money so they are gonna have a monopoly on the best players, more-so than in the past. Limit’s partnership with complexity providing all of their gaming rigs, food, housing, etc is a huge advantage. It has grown into more of a monetized e-sport now, the whole dynamic is completely different than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Method 9/12! exploiting ra den paid off!!
    They've been 9/12 for a while?

We have no idea whether that's true or not since nobody streamed back then but I highly doubt they would do that on normal especially after exorsus got wrecked for the beacon exploiting in uld.
    *Exodus

10char