If Limit used 4 DKs on Raden they would be exploiting

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Suppose it will all come down to N'zoth and the difficulty there. Most of the guilds are swimming in corrupted gear which inflates their DPS for fairly little downside, so the raids are more standard than they usually are where everyone is doing barely enough DPS.
    I get that. But I see this two boss lead as pretty large. If Limit can't Kill N'Zoth in the time it takes Method to kill three bosses, including N'Zoth...I really don't know what they need to win.

Unless Method is doing 1% wipes and the boss is going to die before you finish the reclear you don't extend.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I get that. But I see this two boss lead as pretty large. If Limit can't Kill N'Zoth in the time it takes Method to kill three bosses, including N'Zoth...I really don't know what they need to win.
    As i mentioned above, i could totally see the hidden phase of N'zoth constantly raise players corruption levels, or have abilities that are designed to work against those with high corruption levels specifically, like long periods of having to stay in one place, or having to run across the room quickly, things like that.
    Other than that though i would guess Limit has it in the bag, though what would be fascinating is if Method gets world 2nd within the time handicap the US has over EU, which would spark some controversy over how much of a benefit it really is.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Suppose it will all come down to N'zoth and the difficulty there. Most of the guilds are swimming in corrupted gear which inflates their DPS for fairly little downside, so the raids are more standard than they usually are where everyone is doing barely enough DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

You reclear when you do not have the gear and more importantly DPS to do it normally. Though this patch we have corruptions, which can inflate their DPS to absurd levels if they have farmed it enough. Unless N'zoth has some kind of ability that amplifies corruption in the hidden phase, or generally abilities that are designed to work against those with corruptions then i would guess they might have to.

So with the corruption system I am actually very happy because this is the first raid in a while where we can see extreme player power games that can be targeted

So without titan forging if you have a character that has gear at the same item level as the heroic run then you can trade it no matter what even if it has corruption or has that extra gem socket

So you can take that corruption and you can trade it let’s say that a piece with the perfect corruption for the main tank drops it will go to the main tank there is no bullshit system from blizzard that prevents you from trading it as long as you already have the same gear there is no random possibility of you getting the item but then it rolls so high that you can’t trade it and therefore it’s a waste

In fact I would have to say that because of corruption this raid is probably more enjoyable for me to watch and probably a lot easier for guilds like method to run because you only have so much that you can do whereas before thanks to titanforging you had a lot more you had to worry about And everyone has the same hard limit on corruption that you can use

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I think that while method does the split runs they will probably go back into the raid kill the boss in around 10 Pulls then the next boss will be maybe 30 to 40 and they will be rather equal with limit on final boss progression

The bosses are just undertuned because they mis judged corruption, pretty sad race so far.

Sleepless night for the Method boys

Quote Originally Posted by Sneek View Post
    If Limit used 4 DKs on Raden they would be exploiting
    It has nothing to do with class stacking it has to do with the reseting and keeping stacks of grim. Very clearly unintended behavior given that basically every ability like that resets on pull like Druids can't stack up to 8 to get an instant 9 for example on boss pull it resets to zero. Stop trying to make the behavior equivalent.

This really is Limits race to lose at this point.
    Method looked shaky yesterday, and any sub50% 3 organ down pull was more a fluke then consistent progression.
    Them now resorting to splits to get a few more ilvls wont make much of a difference either i guess, with Warforging gone any upgrade will be rather minor?
    And with Sco now being in a full cloth split you could expect they will run several in a row, so by the time they get back to progression Limit will be close to waking up.
    Unless they do something drastic and completely switch up their comp i dont see how they catch up unless N`Zoth is horribly overtuned.
    Last edited by Mascotte; 2020-02-01 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    The bosses are just undertuned because they mis judged corruption, pretty sad race so far.
    I don't think they are really undertuned. Don't underestimate how much these guilds spend on buying corruption pieces, something a normal guild won't have.

If these guilds don't breeze through content the 'mediocre' guilds are going to run into wall after wall and simply quit.
    The raiding scene is on life support as is, WoW doesn't need another ToS.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Rumour has it the last boss is currently mathematically impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    How is it sad because as far as I can see there is currently a boss that unless you have clever use of game mechanics no one can kill

Then there is a boss that even with people using corruption one of the best guild in the world to have a chance of killing it needs to go for split runs

The final two bosses weren’t even tested so we can’t say anything about that

I don’t know what kind of mindset you are in but personally I don’t know a single mythic raider that wants progress for the world first guilds to last more than a week because those are the best of the best that farm and do split runs and do testing on the PTR they have an army of alts

If you think that a raid tear is disappointing because it only takes six days for the world first race to be over then you are a sad person and you have my pity because your enjoyment of a game comes from how hard it is for other people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Rumour has it the last boss is currently mathematically impossible.

Best meme kek

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Method looked shaky yesterday, and any sub50% 3 organ down pull was more a fluke then consistent progression.
    Them now resorting to splits to get a few more ilvls wont make much of a difference either i guess, with Warforging gone any upgrade will be rather minor?
    And with Sco now being in a full cloth split you could expect they will run several in a row, so by the time they get back to progression Limit will be close to waking up.
    Unless they do something drastic and completely switch up their comp i dont see how they catch up unless N`Zoth is horribly overtuned.
    With the removal of war forging it actually makes it a lot easier to funnel gear

You no longer need to worry about if he peas is a slight item level upgrade for a character because of some RNG roll and is not tradable to a main

In fact if you get a piece with really good corruption on it that goes straight to a man and you don’t have to worry about it so if anything split runs this time around are a lot simpler

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It has nothing to do with class stacking it has to do with the reseting and keeping stacks of grim. Very clearly unintended behavior given that basically every ability like that resets on pull like Druids can't stack up to 8 to get an instant 9 for example on boss pull it resets to zero. Stop trying to make the behavior equivalent.
    Hack technically no guild has killed it without taking advantage of the reset timer right now the fourth place killed in the world is wiping really regularly because of it

As a neutral that doesn't live in EU or NA, i think limits been the better guild this expansion over the full raids but as we know they've repeatedly failed at the final hurdle. That's pressure from lack of experience, while method have confidence from repeated success.

If limit can get the monkey off their back and win it'll be huge for them mentally and make them even stronger in Shadowlands.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to have forgotten that this is the first mythic reset, meaning that there only was one heroic reset before. They don't have their entire raid filled with 460-475 items so there's plenty of places to get upgrades. Not to mention that even getting the same corruption, but on a 'better' slot can be a considerable upgrade. And even if it's just a stamina increase, it can be enough to turn minor overkill into survivable scenario, which means no chain explosion on Il'gynoth.

Ignoring that, Carapace looked fairly dissapointing overall. Phase 1 changes looked impressive but turned out to be fairly easy for Limit. Phase 3 only has instant void zones and starting at higher hp. Il'gynoth/Ra-den seemed to be much more of a step up from their heroic versions.

Carapace seemed quite simple, going down faster than Ra-Den and Il'gynoth. At least it wasn't a Spine 2.0, so hopefully N'zoth is actually a good end boss.

Hopefully Limit won't choke now, it really seems like it's their race to lose now.

They can get plenty of upgrades. In a few minutes, Gingi got a +14% on boots, Fragnance got a 465 weapon from Underrot (+7% upgrade).
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-02-01 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatt View Post
    As a neutral that doesn't live in EU or NA, i think limits been the better guild this expansion over the full raids but as we know they've repeatedly failed at the final hurdle. That's pressure from lack of experience, while method have confidence from repeated success.
    If they are doing better overall at easier bosses, and fail at the hardest ones, that would rather suggest their players are simply less skilled.

Also I love how people in this thread are acting as if Method were over as a guild because they are not doing as good as they could have and are only world 2nd at the moment

To think that if Method only used 2 locks on Raden all this talk about exploiting would end

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If they are doing better overall at easier bosses, and fail at the hardest ones, that would rather suggest their players are simply less skilled.

Also I love how people in this thread are acting as if Method were over as a guild because they are not doing as good as they could have and are only world 2nd at the moment
    It'd suggest their players are better at doing damage but worse at following tactics. Both are forms of skill, and you can't perform well without both.

So, Method its donezo? its 3 bosses vs 1 for Limit