Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Even being banned Josh finds a way to stir shit up.

I don't know how the bench works in Limit or Method but if what he said holds truth then he has a good point.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Not that the way Method reacted legitimate but it isn't any different from the way Limit has been reacting during previous tiers, especially Max and his tweets. That said, I would have expected Method to have higher standards and not do the same thing, so that's quite disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killver View Post
    Both yes and no, being constantly stressed to get benched can also have negative effects. hard to find a compromise.
    Different people require a completely different environment and set of circumstances to thrive. Some, like me, perform much better under great stress, while others perform much better when they are encouraged. What is universal, however, is complacency. You need something to drive you forward, to make you push beyond your current limits, otherwise you will simply stagnate. And it's hard to find a reason to push yourself like that if you just keep winning, which is exactly what happened to Method. The signs that they had lost the top spot were there from the very beginning (G'huun), but they pulled through due to a combination of experience, strategy, dumb luck and other such factors. To bring themselves back to their old level, they needed some adversity, something to make them confront themselves and understand what they need to change and how to do so, and now they've gotten just that.

Compromising is obviously going to be difficult, but if you continue to run away from it you will never evolve. The biggest question is whether Method will evolve or if they will decide to call it quits, which honestly wouldn't surprise me anymore as this was pretty much the worst time for them to lose a WF race in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    Not that the way Method reacted legitimate but it isn't any different from the way Limit has been reacting during previous tiers, especially Max and his tweets. That said, I would have expected Method to have higher standards and not do the same thing, so that's quite disappointing.
    It's a natural response from any competitive person or group. I can't judge them (or Limit in the previous tiers) for it.

There are no standards in competition, just the drive to succeed (without cheating, that is). Nice guys may not finish last, but they're certainly going to finish second more often.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2020-02-07 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by killver View Post
    Both yes and no, being constantly stressed to get benched can also have negative effects. hard to find a compromise.
    That's nonsense at the level they are playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoever came up with this sheer fisting of an encounter can go fuck themselves. Do me a favor so I don't waste my guild's time on this kind of jackass shit-fest again, send me an email at tigole@legacyofsteel.net when you decide to A) Implement an encounter that wasn't designed by a retarded chimp chained to a cubicle A.)Get a Quality Assuarance Department C) Actually beta test the fucking thing and D) Patch it live. And please for god's sake -- do it in the order I laid out for you. Don't worry, I won't charge you a consulting fee on that one. And for good luck you might as well E) Pull your heads out of your asses. While you're at it rename the game to BetaQuest since you've used up you're alotted false advertising karma on the Bazaar and user interface scam of '01.Fix the Emperor encounter. Fix Seru. Rethink your time-sink bullshit. Fix all the buggy motherfucking ring encounters (I suggest you let whoever made the Burrower one do this since that dude apparently laid off the crack the rest of you were smoking). Fix the VT key quest. Fix VT (just guessing it's fucked up considering your track record). Don't have the resources to fix this stuff? Move the ENTIRE Planes of Power team over to fixing Shadows of Luclin AND DO IT NOW. If you don't fix Luclin, you jackassess will be the only ones playing the Planes of Power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kek280 View Post
    That's nonsense at the level they are playing.
    Not in the slightest, as competitive sports have shown time and again.

After 15 years I figured there is nothing new, no more innovations to be had. Man was I wrong. Limit flipped the game on it's head. Now if you're a world first chasing guild and don't have a raid leader not in the raid, a dedicated tactics person/people also not in the active raid you're a dinosaur. The out of raid support system used this tier was amazing. Well done.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, I just read on twitter that in a previous race (not this one) someone sold their car to pay the debt for the BoEs. Is it true or just a meme?

What a trashcan of s boss fitting to end a trash expansion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Guys, I just read on twitter that in a previous race (not this one) someone sold their car to pay the debt for the BoEs. Is it true or just a meme?
    Meme /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Napee View Post
    Considering he doesnt fit the typical demographic that is your average wow player, I think he is doing pretty damn well for himself.

All of these high end payers are playing at a caliber that less then 2% of the wow community is able to reach. So what if he takes good care of himself and makes money by playing a video that game everyone else plays for fun..?
    Method missing it by a single day should not be a diss to him but a major congrats to limit.

I enjoyed the race. It did what it was supposed to - draw attention and excitement from the community.

We dont watch hockey or football because we think we can do better, we watch because we want to see the best of the best compete.

The limit and method rivalry may be the spark needed to continue driving a competitve PVE game market that would otherwise not exist.

I look forward to these races. Too bad blizz removed mythic only secret phases as that used to be half the fun to watch and wait for.
    Method's dps was obliterated by Limit's this tier both in numbers and performing mechanics yet Sco's still getting most of the blame. People are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    Sco basically conceded when he was signing off.. Think he said they'd be back in like 12 hours or something
    I mean one of the raiders already admitted that they were outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Not in the slightest, as competitive sports have shown time and again.
    The thing is that as a raider you aren’t just benched because of performance

You get benched because of class more often

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    After 15 years I figured there is nothing new, no more innovations to be had. Man was I wrong. Limit flipped the game on it's head. Now if you're a world first chasing guild and don't have a raid leader not in the raid, a dedicated tactics person/people also not in the active raid you're a dinosaur. The out of raid support system used this tier was amazing. Well done.
    Yeah, you can say that. Players are optimizing the fun out of the game. Why the FUCK should we need an "external" person for this?
    What's next?

I'll tell you:

-sponsored transmog for the top guilds, which you can buy for real money (armor AND weapons for a premium)
    -dedicated, premium servers for the most competitive players, the rest of us suffer from (random? or Blizz-generated?) lags and crashes
    -psychiatrists, coaches to make you feel on the top of the world before the race
    -a team of LUA programmers who make WA's and customized addons for your team

-and, of course, like in FIFA, the game will be already p(l)ayed before the race, no real competition as companies that specialize in betting, advertising, etcetc are gonna "starve" if they let the race be clean

So, in a nutshell, WoW will became "just another" sports event, with lousy-greasy fans, maybe the fan camps will beat each other up? Hell yeah...

Salty Method fanbois. Such LUSH.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Although I root for METHOD I got huge respect for LIMIT. Congrats to LIMIT and NA for the 1st kill!

Some people here should learn about sportsmanship - on both sides! One should congratulate the opponent in defeat and on the other hand not be arrogant when winning. Look at Max's tweet: That's what I call a true sportsman and he deserves huge respect.

The future in WF-Races will most likely look a bit different (specially for METHOD):
    For the next race I think that the raidleader(s) (i.e. mainly Scripe) should coach from outside, maybe there should be an entire team of people for WAs, strategy etc that are not playing on the "field". Like in most other sports, where the coach does give his instructions from the side.

Again gz to LIMIT, very well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Well, cya some time in November or December. Was fun.
    See ya friend! PeepoBlanket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Well, cya some time in November or December. Was fun.
    Some people actually believe Shadowlands comes out this year?

2 hours left for method. Tick tock...