Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post

1.) Using worldwide expansion launches as the blueprint, this would place the expansion launch in a cozy late morning window for the EU while forcing NA participants to either stay up or change their sleep schedule. This solution would clearly favor EU guilds.
    Don't the Global expansion launches favor US by a lot? For EU those are always at 00:00, thats not a "cozy late morning" :P

Look for example at the BFA lauch times: 00:00 for EU and 15:00 PST for US. I don't see why that would mean staying up for US, moreso for EU.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-rule-them-all

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    No shit. Talk about the measure of a person being so small. Those at the top have long agreed who is first is first regardless. At that point the whole arguement in either direction is locked and sold. If the rules are argued about in the kiddie pool than thats kind of normal but at the same time not very consequential in the end and I say that as someone swimming in the kiddie pool.
    Nope, if method got it within 16 hours, it would spark a shitstorm of rage where no-one would change anyones mind, trolling would go wild, and we'd have a world first and world fastest, those are the facts, i'd just watch with popcorn it would be hilarious to watch.

sadly Method choked and thats not gonna happen so we'll just have to have this "omg NA won" baiting, which isn't nearly as good as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    That's definitely a you problem because you're not being realistic in the slightest. You're not competing with anyone, you're not in the world first race. It doesn't make any difference who starts when if you're not in the competition, which you're not. You will never get any placing that matters. You MIGHT get realm first? Which means nothing and isn't impacted by any delay. That 16 hours isn't going to make any difference to you. If you're letting something that doesn't impact you in any way fuck with your mindset that is YOUR problem.
    Imagine in your selfish little world that there are people who care about a lot of things that you don't care about.

My Guild wr actually matters to me. If you are in whatever kind of guild and don't care that's your thing - and has nothing to do with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Imagine in your selfish little world that there are people who care about a lot of things that you don't care about.

My Guild wr actually matters to me. If you are in whatever kind of guild and don't care that's your thing - and has nothing to do with me.
    So what's the motivation level in your guild now that Limit got WF?
    You gonna give up on 8.3 and wait till Shadowlands?

I mean you are the one saying it matters if NA gets wf to your guild so I would assume you guys are pretty distraught rn

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Don't the Global expansion launches favor US by a lot? For EU those are always at 00:00, thats not a "cozy late morning" :P

Look for example at the BFA lauch times: 00:00 for EU and 15:00 PST for US. I don't see why that would mean staying up for US, moreso for EU.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-rule-them-all
    Well, shit. I wasn't around for BfA's launch and the last few I did were at 3 in the morning (EST, NA) so I kinda figured they'd follow suit. Regardless, it would be bad for one or both regions which is the point I was making.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love it how the goal post is being moved.

Kill the boss at the earleist time. Okay, but reset time favors US. The time difference passes, and still no second kill. Okay, but it psychologically damanged Method, a guild of pro raiders, who are payed because they can perform well in every tier under any circumstance. Yeah right. I wonder what will be the excuse if Method doesn't even get second place?

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    So what's the motivation level in your guild now that Limit got WF?
    You gonna give up on 8.3 and wait till Shadowlands?

I mean you are the one saying it matters if NA gets wf to your guild so I would assume you guys are pretty distraught rn
    Having NA guilds on a higher rank than my guild cause of the 16-hour headstart feels shit indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Method does this every time some Method member achieve something. I know its hard to understand but 4 Limit players work for Method organization. Nothing special here.
    It's incredibly tone deaf then again their social media manager also claimed that Red Bull gave them no compensation when they gave them talent equipment and space as well as I think lodging and didn't take a cut from donations or subs.

- - - Updated - - -

Having NA guilds on a higher rank than my guild cause of the 16-hour headstart feels shit indeed.
    Yeah no that isn't a thing lol if you are better by the time you kill nzoth it will more than balance out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I love it how the goal post is being moved.

Kill the boss at the earleist time. Okay, but reset time favors US. The time difference passes, and still no second kill. Okay, but it psychologically damanged Method, a guild of pro raiders, who are payed because they can perform well in every tier under any circumstance. Yeah right. I wonder what will be the excuse if Method doesn't even get second place?

They had to raid while being filmed all in the same room. They didn't get to raid in the comfort of their own home. They had to wear shoes while raiding.

(No i'm not making these up, i've already seen these excuses despite the fact Limit did the exact same thing here in Texas)

- - - Updated - - -

Well unless you are a literally a member of method.... there has been at least one NA guild ahead of you every single raid tier ever.

Sorry man.. raiding must be depressing as hell for you

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Nope, if method got it within 16 hours, it would spark a shitstorm of rage where no-one would change anyones mind, trolling would go wild, and we'd have a world first and world fastest, those are the facts, i'd just watch with popcorn it would be hilarious to watch.

sadly Method choked and thats not gonna happen so we'll just have to have this "omg NA won" baiting, which isn't nearly as good as it could be.
    It has nothing to do with that. NA won by being better players and watching and comparing Method's stream to Limit's proves it. I'd even argue that NA looked better for EP but Blizzard changing the encounter to favor Method's 2 heal strat made the guild look comparatively much stronger than they actually were. If I were a spicy memelord I'd even suggest that this bred a bit of complacency within Method which has resulted in them getting their ass handed to them on a platter this tier. But alas, I am not.

It's a topic that has been debated to death but has found newfound popularity in the form of salty insecure EU fans who wish to diminish the severity of Method's loss by claiming the race was never fair in the first place. In the interest of discussion, let's go over the salient issues starting the race at the same time would bring with it:

1.) Using worldwide expansion launches as the blueprint, this would place the expansion launch in a cozy late morning window for the EU while forcing NA participants to either stay up or change their sleep schedule. This solution would clearly favor EU guilds.

2.) "Aha!" you say cleverly, "Why don't they just launch it 10 AM in NA regions so it'll be 5-7 PM in EU regions?" This solution would favor NA since there would be more "normal people" raiding hours, though it would definitely fuck with instance reset timers, something which I'm pretty sure are hard coded into the game and Blizzard can't simply "flip a switch" to fix.

3.) This would do nothing to stop the nation bashing that seems to be inherent in this discussion. Everybody wants to deflect and pretend like the better guild didn't win "because reasons," but even if we do even the playing field the same silly arguments will pop up.

4.) It doesn't actually make the race any more or less interesting. This is a situation in which Hanlon's Razor is applicable: The simplest solution is the best. The simplest solution is to keep it the way it has been. The best guild will win regardless of the head start.
    That statement is just factually untrue. There were multiple tiers where the top 2 were less than 16hrs apart, which could make the worse guild win.

No king rules forever. method officially lost.

This is a prove they were just overrated I bet if they give other guilds sponsors too limit will be overrated as well.

The real winners here are those guilds at 11/12 without sponsors and sh!t.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post

This is a prove they were just overrated I bet if they give other guilds sponsors too limit will be overrated as well.
    So everyone is overrated according to you? who is actually good?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    So everyone is overrated according to you? who is actually good?
    I edited, those guilds without sponsors who are at 11/12 right now.

It has nothing to do with that. NA won by being better players and watching and comparing Method's stream to Limit's proves it. I'd even argue that NA looked better for EP but Blizzard changing the encounter to favor Method's 2 heal strat made the guild look comparatively much stronger than they actually were. If I were a spicy memelord I'd even suggest that this bred a bit of complacency within Method which has resulted in them getting their ass handed to them on a platter this tier. But alas, I am not.
    Dunno why you quoted me, it had nothing to do with what i said or who i was replying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    They had to raid while being filmed all in the same room. They didn't get to raid in the comfort of their own home. They had to wear shoes while raiding.

(No i'm not making these up, i've already seen these excuses despite the fact Limit did the exact same thing here in Texas)

- - - Updated - - -

Well unless you are a literally a member of method.... there has been at least one NA guild ahead of you every single raid tier ever.

Sorry man.. raiding must be depressing as hell for you
    Of course and there is nothing wrong with having guilds from wherever being higher ranked than my guild as long as it is not because they are able to start 16 hours earlier. Don't you get the point? What are you not capable of understanding - tell me and I might help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post

The real winners here are those guilds at 11/12 without sponsors and sh!t.
    Method would probably be 11/12 without any sponsors aswell not sure whats your point here.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    Method would probably be 11/12 without any sponsors aswell not sure whats your point here.
    Lol true, so method are overrated, but if they didn't have sponsors they're not overrated.

gotta love some illogical criticism from rank 120994 players.

Method is way behind on DPS compared to Limit so yeah Prep made a huge impact on this race of Limit vs Method.

Of course and there is nothing wrong with having guilds from wherever being higher ranked than my guild as long as it is not because they are able to start 16 hours earlier. Don't you get the point? What are you not capable of understanding - tell me and I might help you.
    ???

There's no lack of understanding on my part. I didn't ask you any questions. I completely understand your viewpoint and I personally think its depressing and defeatist.