Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I want to argue it but you're probably right. It's clear that whatever metric they use to account for "time spent playing" is more important to them than anything else, so they want to keep the carrot-on-the-stick that is RNG on items. Diablocraft indeed.

It's bad for the game to have no control over this, though. If they had a system where I could work towards getting the exact corruption trait I wanted, perhaps with, oh, I dunno, a currency, it would be one thing. To have it purely based on RNG is just insane. It's okay to let your players finish a patch and take a break, Blizzard. If they enjoyed it they'll be back for the next. Don't burn them out.
    Fair point, i say i like it now but ill be crying in 6 months when i have plenty of corruption headroom and no Stars lvl3

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    but then we cant have funsies rngs "intressting" loot!
    As long as something like M+ is in the game, a system like TF or Corrupted gear has to exist otherwise you'll just see everybody farming BiS from dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I want to argue it but you're probably right. It's clear that whatever metric they use to account for "time spent playing" is more important to them than anything else, so they want to keep the carrot-on-the-stick that is RNG on items. Diablocraft indeed.

It's bad for the game to have no control over this, though. If they had a system where I could work towards getting the exact corruption trait I wanted, perhaps with, oh, I dunno, a currency, it would be one thing. To have it purely based on RNG is just insane. It's okay to let your players finish a patch and take a break, Blizzard. If they enjoyed it they'll be back for the next. Don't burn them out.
    My guild was discussing this. If there was a system where we could target corruptions, and the gimmick was more about balancing the pros and cons of corruption it would be a better system. Like items that are corrupted allow you to choose the corruption on it, but as you stack more of a particular you get more corruption stat, we would like it a lot better. Right now, a Mythic BOE dropping top tier Infinite Stars is just dumb rngesus work.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by modotszilla View Post
    There should be some rules set on the race.... not complaining or calling world first not legit

Limit spent 250 million gold on boes.... (including rumor that atleast 2 of the major boosting services AGB/Starlight/Gallywix funded Limit with 100 Mil+

Method spent 100 million and had a team of 20 socials farming BOE mythic trash 12 hours a day....

this is getting out of hand. No Boe's next tier from raid blizzard.
    No one else should get BOEs because 2 guilds spent a lot of gold and had people farming them? cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    No king rules forever. method officially lost.

This is a prove they were just overrated I bet if they give other guilds sponsors too limit will be overrated as well.

The real winners here are those guilds at 11/12 without sponsors and sh!t.
    I mean Method started this, LIMIT had to get to their level by getting a sponsor, US doesn't get as much time off. It's why method was top for so long, they took it to a new level no one else could especially US guilds, until now.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    No one else should get BOEs because 2 guilds spent a lot of gold and had people farming them? cool.
    wow should not be pay to win. boe's are pay to win when you can just buy wowtokens. they were even joking on method's stream about roger's 5 mil gold ring costing more money than his engagement ring for his GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Already talking about NA headstart for a decade tho. Not a new thing. This has nothing to do with someone winning over someone else in this particular race. You try so hard man.

I'm quite sure you will find headstart just as often in the eternal palace thread as in this one.
    You're not very smart. Lets leave it at that. Stop trying

wow should not be pay to win. boe's are pay to win when you can just buy wowtokens. they were even joking on method's stream about roger's 5 mil gold ring costing more money than his engagement ring for his GF.
    What are you winning with BoEs?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's pay to win about it? you dont have to buy a single thing but your subscription and expansion cost to play this game.

What's pay to win about it? you dont have to buy a single thing but your subscription and expansion cost to play this game.
    i mean MAX just posted that the guild has a debt thats worth 40k$ in gold.

Method still has 24 hours to get world first. Tick tock...

Quote Originally Posted by Fake News View Post
    Method still has 24 hours to get world first. Tick tock...
    How does the bar keep changing every single tier its somehow a larger gap then the previous one now..
    It is a 16 hour time difference for mythic raid unlocks. How do people somehow stretch that to 20 hours and now 24...
    Last edited by Sixy; 2020-02-07 at 09:16 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    i mean MAX just posted that the guild has a debt thats worth 40k$ in gold.
    that doesn't make the game pay to win. its not a requirement to spend that to complete the content is the point im making.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Do you even... actually look at the world rankings? For example, right now in the top 20 there are five guilds that aren't EU. In the top 100, there are 30 non-EU guilds. You mean to tell me that your guild is seriously upset that a region that is outnumbered more than 3-to-1 in the top 100 is somehow butthurt that these 30 guilds get a 16 hour advantage? I... I really struggle to believe this.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the first expansion where Limit legitimately participated in the RWF. G'huun, Jaina and Azshara all lasted into the second reset so there really isn't a huge argument to be made where the NA "advantage" would have had any legitimate impact on the race.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot that you don't like words. I apologize for quoting you.
    Dude, you got no clue. The 2nd reset is just as bad. Especially, when the top guilds are close to a kill. Just go on Wowprog and you'll find alot of results with less than 16hrs diff. If those guilds were in other regions, they race would've ended differently. Why do you mention when limit started to contest WFs? It is irrelevant which guilds contest WFs for that discussion.

that doesn't make the game pay to win. its not a requirement to spend that to complete the content is the point im making.
    so when you hit level 1475 on candy crush with your bought items thats not pay to win either?

if you could start with 6 drones instead of 5 in starcraft for $19.99 that wouldn't be pay to win either?

what would pay to win be defined as then? being able to buy gear for $$$ is pay to win.... Limit being $40,000 dollars in gold worth of debt is pay to win. and all the guilds are doing the same thing lol.... Better sell alot of those World First T-shirt Merch so they can buy gold to pay off their debt.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    so when you hit level 1475 on candy crush with your bought items thats not pay to win either?

if you could start with 6 drones instead of 5 in starcraft for $19.99 that wouldn't be pay to win either?

what would pay to win be defined as then? being able to buy gear for $$$ is pay to win.... Limit being $40,000 dollars in gold worth of debt is pay to win. and all the guilds are doing the same thing lol.... Better sell alot of those World First T-shirt Merch so they can buy gold to pay off their debt.
    the models for those games are all different. them buying those items and spending real money on them is a choice. you dont HAVE to do it. its a choice. lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixy View Post
    How does the bar keep changing every single tier its somehow a larger gap then the previous one now..
    It is a 16 hour time difference for mythic raid unlocks. How do people somehow stretch that to 20 hours and now 24...
    Why even bother responding to him? His name and join date are dead giveaways.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

the models for those games are all different. them buying those items and spending real money on them is a choice. you dont HAVE to do it. its a choice. lmao.
    THAT IS THE WHOLE DEFINITION OF PAY TO WIN............... The ability to pay for an advantage when its not needed...... if everyone had to pay then it would not be pay to win it would be simply pay to play.....

Jesus Christ a 3rd grader could figure that out.

Guilds going $40,000 dollars into debt over a race is definitely pay to win culture at its finest.

Dota world first win 10 million
    WoW World First sell your car and house and go $40,000 into debt for world first.

Max's thoughts on the "16 hour head start": https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsyAmazonianHawkDansGame

:-)

edit: Prior to this he mentioned that 5 hours of the head start were evaporated by maintenance, then they encountered at least 11 hours worth of buggy bullshit. (All of which is verifiable by watching the WF stream.)
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-02-07 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Max's thoughts on the "16 hour head start": https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsyAmazonianHawkDansGame

:-)
    Next tier should just reset servers at 10am local time and give EU the 8 hour headstart. rather than make EU being 16 hours behind. would be more fair.