Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    Can you elaborate how they blew it?
    They got into a pissing contest with an actual legit corporation in Red Bull, when things didn't go their way they leaked everything and tried to paint Red Bull as a big evil coming to the WoW scene to take World First races away from the community because Red Bull wanted the event streamed on their channel. Where as Method wanted everyone their channel because Method was really the one desperate to monetize every single thing they can when it comes to WoW. They went on to make their own event where they contacted basically every major guild and tried to bully/threaten some of them into signing with Method instead of Red Bull. When that failed with Limit they decided to leak Limit and Red Bulls agreement.

No major company is ever going to trust Method considering how they do business when it doesn't go their way. They blew that.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    No major company is ever going to trust Method considering how they do business when it doesn't go their way. They blew that.
    Based on Methods view count for the race I expect Method could give less of a toss if a larger corp wants to muscle in or not. When it all unfolded with Redbull, all I saw was the guild that paved the way protecting themselves, it was self preservation at it's best. For an easier life they could've probably just jumped into bed with Redbull, but they didn't, and that is quite admirable in my eyes anyway.

Enjoyed the race, I think Limit have now set a new benchmark for how to organise WF raiding. Those Complexity HQ's were a Grade A NASA rig.

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    This really wont do much of anything. If you are trying to limit gear these top guilds have it will simply force Blizzard to tune the mechanics to lesser gear level and they still will be miles ahead guilds outside the top 5
    In fairness, it might just take a week or 2 of farming more gear to progress if blizzard did what the person you quoted suggested. Blizzard doesn't have to nerf the content.

When that failed with Limit they decided to leak Limit and Red Bulls agreement.
    I read that before I think and I keep wondering - how did Method got their hands on Limit and RB papers?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Only one Method player (Rogerbrown) had the rank 3 breath. Don't make it like it made a big difference.
    Of course it made. He "oneshot" his chair. Instant Kill

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    Pull counter is irrelevant. No matter how we look at it, Limit achieved World First (pre rank 3 breath and they didn't do heroic splits either) and people are still trying to discredit it in a way.

Next race will be interesting, these are the things I wish Blizzard can implement:

1. No BOE's for Mythic or make them drop as BoP in the raid from trash mobs.
    2. No split raids for Mythic gearing, PLEASE. In the first month during the release of the raid make ALL normal/heroic bound you to Mythic Instance ID (shared with all the players in the same raid). This way you can only play mythic in that instance id, so people doing splits with 5 mains 25 alts will no longer work since the mains will be locked to a different mythic instance id. This may hurt the random pugs that do a heroic and then want to do Mythic in another random pug.

The above two points (especially 2, which will never happen) will make races much more fun as it means less grinding and all other guilds without the time will have a better chance at competing too.
    Tuning the game for such a small percentage of players seems a bit silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    It was a bit awkward watching the Method stream right after they killed it. That beat up music playing, obviously intended to play when they were screaming and cheering over winning the world first, was instead playing as they hugged eachother in relief over having finally killed the boss, camera men swarming them to catch their lukewarm reactions, and Jeath giving the thousand yard stare in the corner.
    got a clip of that? I kinda wanna see it
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    Of course it made. He "oneshot" his chair. Instant Kill
    It was refreshing to see him so passionate even after all these years of competition.

Method had the chance to get huge corporate sponsors with Red Bull etc and they blew it by thinking that they're a bigger corporation than they really are.
    Get your facts straight.
    Method would've liked to have RB as a sponsor. But RB didn't want to be a sponsor, they wanted to own the WF race.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Get your facts straight.
    Method would've liked to have RB as a sponsor. But RB didn't want to be a sponsor, they wanted to own the WF race.
    I mean.. its not like Method doesn't have the same goal in mind.. so if its bad or RB to do it.. I wonder.. is it bad if Meth... oh never mind. I forget. When you like a side in an controversy it obviously makes them right. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean.. its not like Method doesn't have the same goal in mind.. so if its bad or RB to do it.. I wonder.. is it bad if Meth... oh never mind. I forget. When you like a side in an controversy it obviously makes them right. Carry on.
    method has turned it into a charity event with proeeeds going to save the children.

Red bull wanted the only stream to show any POV to be their Redbull channel. hmmm wonder why that is.

so how do you explain limit ditching redbull if redbull is cool?

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    so how do you explain limit ditching redbull if redbull is cool?
    Max actually explained that on stream go and look for it.

Wtf, how do you know which team I am rooting for?
    I am not saying who is wrong or right. I am just saying that your statement is incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Max actually explained that on stream go and look for it.
    Would you mind narrowing down when that was roughly, please?

Would you mind narrowing down when that was roughly, please?
    Some time yesterday before their Complexity stream event is as much of a timeline as I can give you as I honestly dont remember exactly when

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Some time yesterday before their Complexity stream event is as much of a timeline as I can give you as I honestly dont remember exactly when
    Ah damn, thank you anyways.

TLDR would be like: a lot of esport brands wanted Limit and they ended up choosing Complexity which is US based and that is superior to traveling to London changing sleep schedule etc which affects performance.

I think one thing mentioned is they had to go to the red bull stadium or whatever, in europe.... to play their characters back on the NA servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I think one thing mentioned is they had to go to the red bull stadium or whatever, in europe.... to play their characters back on the NA servers.
    I guess I shouldve figured that out myself... Thanks

I am not saying who is wrong or right. I am just saying that your statement is incorrect.
    You're statement is the wrong one though, Method is the only guild/corporation that has tried to own the world first race. Of course a big sponsor paying for everything wants to hold the main stream, Method themselves even do it with other guilds and then barely show them and focus the entire stream around themselves. No other guilds have had any problems with world first sponsors(including Red Bull), it's only been Method and that is because Method want to be the ones to own the race(while getting financially backing from legit corps because they can't afford that).

The fact that you think RB wanted to own the race just tells us you bought into the narrative that Method pushed so hard after they failed to bully Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    Based on Methods view count for the race I expect Method could give less of a toss if a larger corp wants to muscle in or not.
    Method's view counts are severely inflated because their stream is embedded into any website that is affiliated with them. Most of their viewers weren't real viwers. There's a reason why over half their screens were ads and it wasn't because their streams were doing so well that they don't need outside money.
    Last edited by WhatIsLegion; 2020-02-09 at 02:39 AM.