A single nonpartisan channel like redbull would've been better for us, the viewers. All guilds being affiliated, and not needing to double up on production or talent could have made a very professional great 24hr esports event.

The problem is method would've lost all their branding. They might have only earned 50% from the much bigger redbull event, while they earn 100% from a smaller event on their own channel. Their sponsors, biased casters and production. From a business perspective i get why they chose to go their own way but the decision was never "for the community" like they tried to PR spin us.

As for any real competitor like limit, signing up to raid under the method banner would've been an incredibly dumb move, they'd be making their competitor stronger. So we have what we have. A divided community event because money talks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by modotszilla View Post
    method has turned it into a charity event with proeeeds going to save the children.
    Method is not some altruistic organization - they 100% are profiting from the streaming, and the "save the children" stuff is a separate donation account - the monetized ads and subs on their channels dont funnel directly into that charity.

I really really hope complexity is in it for the longrun.
    Best tier exposurewise ever

Can't blame Method for not going with RB. They wanted to monetize the WF event and RB noticed what they where doing and wanted the biggest stake in it. Claiming it is for the community... He actually means HIS community. The bigger Method org gets the weaker the other guilds become exposure wise, and Method then can provide them with what they need. While playing under the Method banner ofc.

As a Method fan, a huge congrats to persistence and hard work of Limit through out recent years. What a beautiful progress they had. They earned this one and it wasn't easy. I wonder what kind of motivation they had for such a mind-boggling effort level they put in within these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatt View Post
    A single nonpartisan channel like redbull would've been better for us, the viewers. All guilds being affiliated, and not needing to double up on production or talent could have made a very professional great 24hr esports event.

The problem is method would've lost all their branding. They might have only earned 50% from the much bigger redbull event, while they earn 100% from a smaller event on their own channel. Their sponsors, biased casters and production. From a business perspective i get why they chose to go their own way but the decision was never "for the community" like they tried to PR spin us.

As for any real competitor like limit, signing up to raid under the method banner would've been an incredibly dumb move, they'd be making their competitor stronger. So we have what we have. A divided community event because money talks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Having to watch through RB and deal with Casters would be awful imo. Watched Max's stream only really (NA so they raided the time I was up anyway) and it was 100% more entertaining than the no comms Method stream and 100% less annoying than the Casters on the method stream.

There's a few casters that I was fine with, but damn most of them are just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Having NA guilds on a higher rank than my guild cause of the 16-hour headstart feels shit indeed.
    So which ones are those? Which guilds are ahead of you because of the 16 hour head start? Because I am pretty sure the only guild that could actually say that with a straight face is method and they're not saying it because it's not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course and there is nothing wrong with having guilds from wherever being higher ranked than my guild as long as it is not because they are able to start 16 hours earlier. Don't you get the point? What are you not capable of understanding - tell me and I might help you.
    There are no guilds getting a kill before you because of the 16 hour head start. They are getting it because they are better than you. That's what you don't get. You think you and your shit guild are hard done by but in reality you are nothing and you are getting beat by better players. Claiming this 16hr bullshit is just laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed they should remove unfair rankings they are making people depressed. Dafuq.

The lack of competitive spirit is huge.
    Is this what happens in the EU when America wins one? Holy shit. Limit should be punished for the depression that they have caused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So which ones are those? Which guilds are ahead of you because of the 16 hour head start? Because I am pretty sure the only guild that could actually say that with a straight face is method and they're not saying it because it's not true.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no guilds getting a kill before you because of the 16 hour head start. They are getting it because they are better than you. That's what you don't get. You think you and your shit guild are hard done by but in reality you are nothing and you are getting beat by better players. Claiming this 16hr bullshit is just laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this what happens in the EU when America wins one? Holy shit. Limit should be punished for the depression that they have caused.
    What?

Any NA guild that is maybe 16 hours ahead of my guild. You can't seriously be THIS stupid.

Not a single point - just "blablabla you are trash blablalba i'm na and i need my 16 hours headstart blablabla".

I'll ignore you from now on.
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-02-10 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    The performance of Limit was outstanding this time. They are definitely the best team in the world for the last content in BFA. But to take the crown from method, they have to proof themselves in consistancy in at least winning the race for multiple times in the row.

On the other hand n'zoth seems to be the hardest RWF-Encounter so far. The Encounter required so much perfect on point gameplay in such a horrific and hectic environment just to get defeated in the very last second. Wipe count doesn't matter that much this time, since most of the tries take so many minutes and were seemingly so much exhausting.

I hope so much that limit does not loose any core member between the gap until the next RWF and to rock the house in the first raid of shadowlands again.
    No they dont. By winning the latest race limit have shown themselves to be the best.

Holy goalpost moving batman!
    EU players are having literal seizures trying to explain away limits win.
    1. 16 hour head start
    2. Method players in Limit
    3. Limit having too many BoEs
    4. People helping Limit
    5. Max had to sell his car
    6. Limit has to win more than one race
    7. Blizzard showing favouritism to Limit
    8. Trump

I wonder what will be next?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    If being world first for over dozen of tiers was "mediocre", what is your definition of "good"?
    Winning 8.3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WorldFirstRaceJudge View Post
    why would it be interesting?
    Because it would be interesting to know if Blizzards blatent help for method would have also helped limit. This revered change is obviously a stealth nerf to the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Winning 8.3
    Of course, makes perfect sense. The best 20 players in the world are "good", 21-40 is "mediocre" and I guess everyone else is just trash that shouldn't even bother playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Of course, makes perfect sense. The best 20 players in the world are "good", 21-40 is "mediocre" and I guess everyone else is just trash that shouldn't even bother playing the game.
    It's just a modern trend. You find something popular/winning everything, you claim it's trash, and one day, you'll eventually be able to brag about how "right" you were, no matter how dumb you sounded for years. For example, take the people who claimed that the All Blacks were shit. The team had a 90+% win rate for half a century, making it the strongest professional team in any sport on the planet. Well, you'll still hear those idiots claim that they were right because the All Blacks lost in the last world cup, just like you read the same about Method on this forum.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2020-02-09 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    You're statement is the wrong one though, Method is the only guild/corporation that has tried to own the world first race. Of course a big sponsor paying for everything wants to hold the main stream, Method themselves even do it with other guilds and then barely show them and focus the entire stream around themselves. No other guilds have had any problems with world first sponsors(including Red Bull), it's only been Method and that is because Method want to be the ones to own the race(while getting financially backing from legit corps because they can't afford that).

The fact that you think RB wanted to own the race just tells us you bought into the narrative that Method pushed so hard after they failed to bully Red Bull.

Method's view counts are severely inflated because their stream is embedded into any website that is affiliated with them. Most of their viewers weren't real viwers. There's a reason why over half their screens were ads and it wasn't because their streams were doing so well that they don't need outside money.
    All I said was that Method didn't decline RB as a sponsor, they refused to hand the ownership to RB. Please elaborate what is wrong about that statement.

No they dont. By winning the latest race limit have shown themselves to be the best.

Holy goalpost moving batman!
    1. 16 hour head start
    4. People helping Limit
    8. Trump

I wonder what will be next?

- - - Updated - - -

Winning 8.3

- - - Updated - - -

Because it would be interesting to know if Blizzards blatent help for method would have also helped limit. This revered change is obviously a stealth nerf to the boss.
    Why would a US company help a EU gaming team? If anything, experience shows that US companies always favor US team and such.

And to be the best, you have to be the best several time and on the long run. If not, you were the best one time a.k.a luck or the opposition not at their best etc...

1. 16 hour head start
    4. People helping Limit
    8. Trump
    Don't pretend that Limit fans haven't done similar things.
    I just marked some points with bold text. These arguments have been used against Method from the Limit fanboys as well. Plus the 40hr/week, 5week/year off and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. 16 hour head start
    4. People helping Limit
    8. Trump

Funny you should say that after the mountains of salt built with those thousands of pages of "WUAAAAAAAAA, EU JUST HAS MORE FWEEE TIME" for all those 15 years of consistently sucking at raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldFirstRaceJudge View Post
    who wouldve thought that a guy whos been crying about method from page 40 would hope for that
    If Alpha got it it would have put a lot more pressure on blizzard to start all regions at the same time since they would be within the window where the difference between their kill and limits was less than server restart difference unlike method.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    Can you elaborate how they blew it?
    When they leaked Red Bull's event and that they were doing it with pieces and limit they pretty much blew any chance of large companies wanting to work with them again. Also the bs they posted about Red Bull giving them no compensation was a huge no no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    I read that before I think and I keep wondering - how did Method got their hands on Limit and RB papers?
    Limit was in negotiation with them and when they broke it off likely said sorry we decided to go with red bull or something similar.

- - - Updated - - -

What?

Any NA guild that is maybe 16 hours ahead of my guild. You can't seriously be THIS stupid.

Not a single point - just "blablabla you are trash blablalba i'm na and i need my 16 hours headstart blablabla".

I'll ignore you from now on.
    You're in a video guild because you sure as hell aren't in the top 5 with that attitude. In a video the time difference doesn't matter get better at executing the strategies better guilds have already made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    All I said was that Method didn't decline RB as a sponsor, they refused to hand the ownership to RB. Please elaborate what is wrong about that statement.
    It's utter nonsense. You are taking method at their word when limit has pretty much said that isn't what happened and red bull just flat out ignored the pissing contest since they are a large corp that has some idea of how pr is supposed to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't pretend that Limit fans haven't done similar things.
    I just marked some points with bold text. These arguments have been used against Method from the Limit fanboys as well. Plus the 40hr/week, 5week/year off and so on.
    Until basically this tier and maybe EP it was a thing. The method fanbase was huge in EU for pushing them ahead of other guilds in terms of splits. Limit this tier was on equal footing. The work week thing is also extremely legit and the biggest reason Limit could compete is they are now paid to play. That's absolutely huge both in terms of recruiting and being able to participate in multi week races.

Don't mind me, im just here to collect my daily salt from Methlol and their fanbois.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    If Alpha got it it would have put a lot more pressure on blizzard to start all regions at the same time since they would be within the window where the difference between their kill and limits was less than server restart difference unlike method.

- - - Updated - - -

When they leaked Red Bull's event and that they were doing it with pieces and limit they pretty much blew any chance of large companies wanting to work with them again. Also the bs they posted about Red Bull giving them no compensation was a huge no no.

- - - Updated - - -

Limit was in negotiation with them and when they broke it off likely said sorry we decided to go with red bull or something similar.

- - - Updated - - -

You're in a video guild because you sure as hell aren't in the top 5 with that attitude. In a video the time difference doesn't matter get better at executing the strategies better guilds have already made.

- - - Updated - - -

It's utter nonsense. You are taking method at their word when limit has pretty much said that isn't what happened and red bull just flat out ignored the pissing contest since they are a large corp that has some idea of how pr is supposed to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Until basically this tier and maybe EP it was a thing. The method fanbase was huge in EU for pushing them ahead of other guilds in terms of splits. Limit this tier was on equal footing. The work week thing is also extremely legit and the biggest reason Limit could compete is they are now paid to play. That's absolutely huge both in terms of recruiting and being able to participate in multi week races.
    Sure.. so you are taking limits word, about methods deal with RB. In what way is this source more reliable?

And it is ok for limit fans to find excuses, but when method fans do that it is a big nono.
    Last edited by Nite92; 2020-02-09 at 11:11 AM.

I mean.. do people really wake up and sit around all day watching the race to world first?

Sure.. so you are taking limits word, about methods deal with RB. In what way is this source more reliable?

And it is ok for limit fans to find excuses, but when method fans do that it is a big nono.
    I'm not taking limit's word at all? Everything I said is what method did. Method were the ones who leaked the event when limit didn't go with them. There is no word to take that happened. The only thing Limit said is that red bull wasn't trying to "take over the race" and they weren't they saw an opportunity for advertising with minimal expense on their part. Red Bull consistently does stuff like this such as sponsoring game jams just because in the long run it's super cheap in terms of advertising for the exposure that is attained even if they don't receive money back immediately.

Red Bull absolutely doesn't want to take over the race that runs counter to their policy on basically everything. They prefer to be a primary sponsor but not to run stuff themselves. Even in extreme sports they usually are just the headlining sponsors not the ones actually running stuff. The one big exception I can think of is the Air Race and that's cancelled as of this year. Red Bull's strategy and it's fairly smart one is they provide money and resources and let other people do the legwork. For method they provided a venue and talent and let them do the actual race stuff same for Pieces and Limit. Get their cans in the shot and they're good. They rarely want to do the actual legwork themselves which is what you're talking about.

Also talking about differences in resources isn't an excuse Limit absolutely choked hard in Uldir and in EP weren't willing to swap to the riskier strat but they learned from both of those. It's unrealistic to expect a brand new team to come out and dominate the old guard even GRF has stumbled multiple times for example in league. The big thing that limit gained from those stumbles though is an NA fanbase which put this race on equal ground since they could get splits done much easier than any tier in the past.

Until that whole thing I didn't actively dislike Method but they could have significantly damaged opportunities for sponsorship of the race in the future by their actions which seemed to be motivated by petulance and spite more than anything approaching logic.