Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Allied Race DK Starter experience is a joke.

I really didn't expect too much out of this at all, but this was a huge joke. Bolvar is recruiting allied race DKs cause he expects Sylvanas to be making moves soon, and even says so much in the lone "quest" you do. But despite that... Darion just says to hone your skills and sends you off on your way, and that they'll be making contact to you "soon" (hint: they probably won't).

This didn't even have to be a long questline, perhaps investigating some things or rooting out some loyalists scouts, something to bridge into Shadowlands a little bit. But blizz went bare minimum with this, and wasted a new soundtrack that will probably only be used in this "zone."

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I really didn't expect too much out of this at all, but this was a huge joke. Bolvar is recruiting allied race DKs cause he expects Sylvanas to be making moves soon, and even says so much in the lone "quest" you do. But despite that... Darion just says to hone your skills and sends you off on your way, and that they'll be making contact to you "soon" (hint: they probably won't).

This didn't even have to be a long questline, perhaps investigating some things or rooting out some loyalists scouts, something to bridge into Shadowlands a little bit. But blizz went bare minimum with this, and wasted a new soundtrack that will probably only be used in this "zone."
    They made a new intro SPECIFCALLY because it needed to be done in the same way the ARs are done - instantly. During WotLK there were multiple complaints about the DK starting experience. Specifically about having to re-do it every time you roll a new DK. And with the changes coming in Shadowlands, which are supposed to let you jump into new content immediately, it only makes sense. You can dislike their decision, but a joke or a low-effort-job is not what it is. I also wanted them to revamp the entire old world but hey, I am not bitching about it. It's their game. And it's my choice whether to play it or not (and I choose to).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Do Allied race DKs start at lv 20 as all Allied races? What about Pandaren etc? (can't log in for some time)
    They skip the lvling part and start at 58
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly what they said it would be, more of an Allied Race intro and less of a starting experience.

All Allied Races are just sent out to start questing from a slightly higher level with the assumption that you know what you're doing. I'm not surprised at all that this is how it works.

It'll probably flow better when Shadowlands releases because the expansion starts with you being called back to Icecrown by Bolvar. DKs will hopefully get some special interactions, at the very least.

Wow..so even three levels more than everyone else? Do they still qualify as a race that would get heirloom armour at 110? Seeing that you save on 38 levels?

I wonder what Blizzard was thinking here....weird stuff, skipping Archeron and just go at it with lv 58 O_o
    uhm....the other alied races skip 19 levels,the dk zone as annoying as it is,isnt very long

Are there allied races starter experiences? I have a Highmountain, Mag'har and a Zandalari, and I can't really remember any unique starting experience. I remember the unlocking quests, at least the one for Mag'har, but that's about it.
    Mother pus bucket!

I consider it a huge benefit I can immediately jump straight into BGs and Instances or Questing and no longer have to be beholden to complete a really long starting experience before I can interact with the rest of the world or go about my own adventure wherever I want to. Not being trapped in the old area is a blessing. Options are nice, but you can't say you don't have more freedom as things are now.

Maybe i'm just a burnt out skeptic but I'm very excited at the thought of being able to make a DK and not have to do that damn starting zone again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feels very holdover. Wonder if it might change with 9.0 when DKs revert to starting at 1.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Wow..so even three levels more than everyone else? Do they still qualify as a race that would get heirloom armour at 110? Seeing that you save on 38 levels?
    Yup, making a DK counts for heritage armor. It's the fastest way to get it for any existing races, after all.

Smile

It was literaly said that this zone will be like AR starting zone at Blizzcon in one of the interviews. All of them had just one quest and that's it. And I've told it that anyone that was talking about testing the new starting experience, that there isn't much to test.

Hm...I wonder why they couldn't use the quest that DKs usually do at lv 55 when they are recruited in Archon?

Do Allied race DKs start at lv 20 as all Allied races? What about Pandaren etc? (can't log in for some time)
    They couldn't because original DK starting zone takes place at the start of the Wrath of the Lich King. During this time most of the Allied Races weren't anywhere near the Plaguelands to be even raised as Death Knights. It just wouldn't make sense. And they start at level 58.

They're gonna start at level 1 in Shadowlands, so why waste time making anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    They skip the lvling part and start at 58
    Yeah and the old DK races end their intro questline at 58 too. The old DK intro questline can be done in like 30 minutes or less.

Im glad they did this.
    Also, it opens up for future races to be dKs, since they can just swap out Bolvars model and dialogue.

they'll be making contact to you "soon" (hint: they probably won't).
    Bolvar is going to be a major character in Shadowlands. There's no way in Hell they do that without giving attention to the Death Knights, new and old.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acaryia View Post
    They're gonna start at level 1 in Shadowlands, so why waste time making anything.
    Perhaps because people might wanna play them right now and SL isn't coming out till fucking september/october?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Acaryia View Post
    They are gonna start at level 10 just like other AR classes. Acherus Death Knights are gonna start at level 1.

Question; who else do you think will send us to the Shadowlands?

it seems like you are complaining about something that you just found out versus that everybody else was already aware of. i suppose you haven't unlocked any Allied races or played any new Allied races yet? bcause this is the same protocol they are following.

Lol, starting zone, lol. "Haha, you're a panda death knight, haha. Good luck and cya."