Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I really didn't expect too much out of this at all, but this was a huge joke. Bolvar is recruiting allied race DKs cause he expects Sylvanas to be making moves soon, and even says so much in the lone "quest" you do. But despite that... Darion just says to hone your skills and sends you off on your way, and that they'll be making contact to you "soon" (hint: they probably won't).

This didn't even have to be a long questline, perhaps investigating some things or rooting out some loyalists scouts, something to bridge into Shadowlands a little bit. But blizz went bare minimum with this, and wasted a new soundtrack that will probably only be used in this "zone."
    I know its fun to go with the tried-and-true 'Lazy™' argument but they likely did this because of complaints about the old DK starting zone, doing that over and over. It was epic the first time, not so much the 6th/7th/12th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hm...I wonder why they couldn't use the quest that DKs usually do at lv 55 when they are recruited in Archon?

Do Allied race DKs start at lv 20 as all Allied races? What about Pandaren etc? (can't log in for some time)
    Because the original DK starting zone takes place in the past with Arthas.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Fair point - then again I guess lore gets bend in so many places to suit the needs of the game....I for one would have let that pass (I mean...look also at all that phasing. And technically you couldn't level an UD or NE today anymore, as currently UC and Teldrassil are uninhabitable. Unless the starting quests for UD and NE have been changed? I created my 2 UD chars in 2005, so I wouldn't know)
    Well those quests have been changed in Cataclysm. And chronologicly events in NE and UD starting zones happen years before anything from BfA happened. Timeline is just screwed up. They will fix it with Shadowlands and new special starting zone that won't feel too period specific and it will be for all new players regardless of race. Existing players will have an ability to choose between original starting zone and new one but starting in original would involve a time travel.

Hm...I wonder why they couldn't use the quest that DKs usually do at lv 55 when they are recruited in Archon?

Do Allied race DKs start at lv 20 as all Allied races? What about Pandaren etc? (can't log in for some time)
    That stuff still has Arthas in it doesn't it? If so there is your answer.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt the whole idea behind Allied Races that it's 100% safe to assume you know your shit because of the requirements to unlock the race in the first place? There is no need for an introductionary sequence where you learn the basics.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yup, making a DK counts for heritage armor. It's the fastest way to get it for any existing races, after all.
    Monks might still win because of the 50% extra rep between 58-90?

Quote Originally Posted by Acaryia View Post
    They're gonna start at level 1 in Shadowlands, so why waste time making anything.
    Afaik they're starting at level 10, but they're still thinking about it.

Because some allied races didnt exists at the time(Void elves for example) or had 0 ways of being in the continent/area that the original death knights were raised(nightborne for example).

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression DKs were getting a totally revamped starting zone lvl 1-10. Is that not the case? Obviously wouldn't be in 8.3 yet but if anybody could clarify I'd appreciate it

I can't believe that blizzard only made a token effort at story telling in their cartoonish mmorpg with the childish lore

I'm shaking in anger right now

Wow..so even three levels more than everyone else? Do they still qualify as a race that would get heirloom armour at 110? Seeing that you save on 38 levels?

I wonder what Blizzard was thinking here....weird stuff, skipping Archeron and just go at it with lv 58 O_o

(Edit: thanks @Shinrael for explaining - though they still make us re-do quite some stuff on alts. Me liking levelling would have been fine with an option to do it or skip, like the Lordaeron scenario or the Broken Shore quest...hell...I always said I would love even the option to start a DK at lv 1)
    But the most important point about these new DKs is that they are not just new Race/Class options. They are a new generation of DKs in the LORE. So we cannot have them share the same origin story with original DKs. And it wouldn't be very wise of Blizzard to make a 55-58 intro for AR DKs only for it to be skipped (if a skip option was added as you suggest). It's a weird situation with no universal solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Bolvar is going to be a major character in Shadowlands. There's no way in Hell they do that without giving attention to the Death Knights, new and old.
    I am a DK and come on, We JUST had an expansion about the Legion and we didn't see hide nor hair of Wrathion, the guy talking up the inevitable battle with them for two expacs prior. Blizzard will throw us a miniscule bone, have a cool little Bolvar moment and then the dude will be thrown into the trash bin in favour of more YAS QUEEN SYLVANAS!. He's gonna be sitting in his throne 90% of the time and talking to us when we use his forge, I am calling it now. As much as I'd love it, i've learned a long time ago to never give Blizz the benefit of the doubt for treating character stories properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Question; who else do you think will send us to the Shadowlands?
    No one? There's a giant portal in the sky.

Isn't this game supposed to be a huge joke?

No one? There's a giant portal in the sky.
    And we're just gonna stroll in, knowing nothing about it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    And we're just gonna stroll in, knowing nothing about it, right?
    Wouldnt be the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I really didn't expect too much out of this at all, but this was a huge joke. Bolvar is recruiting allied race DKs cause he expects Sylvanas to be making moves soon, and even says so much in the lone "quest" you do. But despite that... Darion just says to hone your skills and sends you off on your way, and that they'll be making contact to you "soon" (hint: they probably won't).

This didn't even have to be a long questline, perhaps investigating some things or rooting out some loyalists scouts, something to bridge into Shadowlands a little bit. But blizz went bare minimum with this, and wasted a new soundtrack that will probably only be used in this "zone."
    It’s exactly the same as any other Allied Race intro, so I’m not sure why you were expecting more.

So I have a question. Pandaren death knights.

How and when do they pick their faction? Because regular pandas start out neutral, and can only join the horde/alliance at the very end of their starting zone.

If panda dks don't have a starting zone, when does this choice happen?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post

How and when do they pick their faction? Because regular pandas start out neutral, and can only join the horde/alliance at the very end of their starting zone.

Happens when you set your name probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair point - then again I guess lore gets bend in so many places to suit the needs of the game....I for one would have let that pass (I mean...look also at all that phasing. And technically you couldn't level an UD or NE today anymore, as currently UC and Teldrassil are uninhabitable. Unless the starting quests for UD and NE have been changed? I created my 2 UD chars in 2005, so I wouldn't know)

- - - Updated - - -

Again..fair point...and yet I still level all these alts (often the 2nd or 3rd of a class) to 120 and will make a Vulpera soon ... when it comes to wasting time...I guess WoW as a whole is a waste of time

Now ofc the question is: I currently take about 3 days /played to get from 1 (or 20) to 120. How long will the journey from start to max level take in Shadowlands with the level squish?
    From what they said during Blizzcon, leveling to cap will take around 40% of what it does now. Which sounds damn good to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post

I was actually wondering this myself.

Oh I don't know....maybe because the lich king is dead and it needed to be updated.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*